The Roloff's

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2007, 05:20 PM
babyreaves's Avatar Super Mommy
I was just watching an episode of Little People, Big World. I am just amazaed at how great this family is, the parents, especially the mother, are amazing. They have great parenting skills (with a mixture of love and discipline) despite their adversity. I think it's so cool how there is one little and one big twin....What a great house to grow up in I'm not sure if this post goes here, but I just thought I would give them parenting props
February 21st, 2007, 05:24 PM
kittycat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's a great show. We tivo'd and watched it all last season (might have been 2 seasons as the boys went from 15-16). I really hope they bring back a new season for this year.

February 21st, 2007, 06:00 PM
Mia&Mattea'sMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really love this show its so addicting I can't stop watching it. I go into on Demand on my TV and play all the episodes I've missed.

Kourtney Mom to Mia 1-7-06
& Mattea 1-20-08
February 21st, 2007, 06:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I watched it a few times. Really good family, parenting A+.
February 23rd, 2007, 07:45 AM
Morwen's Avatar Regular
I loved this show...i watched the first season religiously and I am sorry to say I haven't got to see much of the 2nd season at all... But yes watching the show gave me a warm fuzzy feeling all over... Like I was being embraced in a big loving hug!!!

Very good show!!!

~
February 23rd, 2007, 01:18 PM
Pure Innocence
I guess I'm the oddball out...lol. I think they are a cool family with great parenting skills, but the show is just annoying to me.
February 26th, 2007, 10:00 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love watching this show, so does my husband. I think they are such an amazing family and they come together and work as a team. I think the parents do a great job at teaching respect, discipline, etc. I love how the children can talk to the parents about things going on in their lives. Honestly, a lot of times I watch this show and I am just so overwhelmed with happieness for their family.... of course I am a huge sap and emotional person too
February 26th, 2007, 10:09 AM
eash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't seen this season but watched it religiously last season....
Maybe it is me, but I find their kids to be kind of bratty. I don't have any specific examples but I have left that show thinking at times that the mother is disrespectful to the husband and vice versa. Also, the kids seem to be flippant at times.
I find the show fun but haven't gotten back into it this season.
February 28th, 2007, 05:56 AM
BellaMommaTn
Agree! Everyone could learn a thing or two from the Roloff's
March 9th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Personally, I disagree. I often think they don't do that great of a job. The parents are always at odds for what to do with the family. He goes and makes some wild purchase or job and she doesn't agree, but he does it anyway. Kind of showing the kids that there is little self control if you really want it. He doesn't always stick with a project either. The mom seems always so high strung that she seems to just go crazy being married to him sometimes. And the kids often don't follow what the parents say. They will tell them to do their chores and they bum around forever. Typical kids yes, but I don't usually see the consequences for their actions. I think the parents do a great job in showing their kids that no matter who you are, how tall, short, whatever you can do anything you set your mind to. That is great that they are modeling that, but honestly I disagree with their parenting often. JMO

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

March 10th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
I also agree that it is a great show t watch but the kids seem to be a little bratty especially the twins. The taller one always seems so annoyed when he's asked to do somethign like pull the luggage or something.And yeah the dad never finishes anything . All those projects out there and how many are actually done lol. All in all i like the show.

March 29th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Personally, I disagree. I often think they don't do that great of a job. The parents are always at odds for what to do with the family. He goes and makes some wild purchase or job and she doesn't agree, but he does it anyway. Kind of showing the kids that there is little self control if you really want it. He doesn't always stick with a project either. The mom seems always so high strung that she seems to just go crazy being married to him sometimes. And the kids often don't follow what the parents say. They will tell them to do their chores and they bum around forever. Typical kids yes, but I don't usually see the consequences for their actions. I think the parents do a great job in showing their kids that no matter who you are, how tall, short, whatever you can do anything you set your mind to. That is great that they are modeling that, but honestly I disagree with their parenting often. JMO[/b]

As soon as I started reading your post I immediatly knew it was written by someone with one or two children that were both very little.
I think the Roloff family is very real, and the mom and dad are doing a good job. I can't wait for the new season to start.
March 29th, 2007, 02:57 PM
*Helen*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I enjoyed watching the show when it first started, now I'm starting to ticked off at the obvious product placement that goes in every single show. Everytime Matt or Amy buy anything, fly anywhere, renovate, go to a store for groceries, stay at a hotel, etc. the name is always prominently displayed. Then at the end the promotional credits go on forever! Smart people for getting freebies but its now a little extreme and at times feels like one long commercial. Renovating their kitchen was the worst, I bet it didn't cost them a dime.

April 17th, 2007, 07:58 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I watched this show when I was in labor with DD.

I love it! I agree... I think they have wonderful parenting skills!

April 19th, 2007, 03:22 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think its a very intriguing show, but I do agree that the mom seems like she cant stand the dad sometimes, and the kids can be disrespectful at times too. But like most of you I'm hooked and do enjoy the show.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

April 20th, 2007, 06:04 AM
chloe82
I love the show too, they are obviously a close and loving family, but sometimes I'm awestruck by how the mom cuts down the dad so often and so brutally, especially in front of the kids! I don't even think she realizes she does it. I honestly watch it taking notes in the back of my mind on how not to treat my husband when I disagree with him!!!
April 20th, 2007, 06:45 AM
eash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is anybody else horrified that they would allow their 8 year old kid to operate the pumpking throwing thing and have a 1000 lb block of concrete hit him in the head? Seems like that is an awfully irresponsible thing to me.
April 20th, 2007, 06:51 AM
chloe82
Quote:
Is anybody else horrified that they would allow their 8 year old kid to operate the pumpking throwing thing and have a 1000 lb block of concrete hit him in the head? Seems like that is an awfully irresponsible thing to me.[/b]
YES! Not something I would really want on my property with kids running around.
April 20th, 2007, 11:26 AM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I love the show too, they are obviously a close and loving family, but sometimes I'm awestruck by how the mom cuts down the dad so often and so brutally, especially in front of the kids! I don't even think she realizes she does it. I honestly watch it taking notes in the back of my mind on how not to treat my husband when I disagree with him!!![/b]

Yeah, I've noticed that when the mom is disrespectful towards the dad its usually in front of the kids too, and what is that teaching there kids ?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

April 20th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
i was horrified about the block thing too.Does it kinda seem like the daughter doesn't fit in anywhere lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search