Motherly Instinct

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2007, 04:57 PM
Veteran
I don't know. I thought I was having a little girl the first time and ended up having a boy. My sister was convinced she was having a boy and ended up with a girl. So, I can't say for sure.
June 10th, 2007, 03:58 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
I kept having boy dreams and my instinct told me I was having a boy. I was right. But I kept having twin boy dreams which totally freaked me out so I'm glad I was wrong about having two in there!

My Mom knew what she was having with all four of pregnancies and decorated the nursery and bought clothes according to her intuition. She was right every single time and had 3 boys and 1 girl. She thought I was having a girl and was wrong though.

Maybe just a lucky guess?

</div>
June 10th, 2007, 04:10 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
I dunno......I've guess right 5 out of 5 times!

I told my mom and hubby that our first daughter was going to be a girl from day one and they laughed at me. I laughed last when SHE was born

With my 2nd girl, I also KNEW she was a girl. We actually weren't able to find out before she was born that it was a girl .... but I knew it so strongly that I didn't buy a single gender neutral item or boy item. Just had all my girl stuff out!

With my 3rd girl, I also just knew .... and I thought that it was just me thinking that I wasn't going to have any boys..... and she was a girl.

After that ... I said, if I were to have any more, I wouldn't really want a boy and that if I could pick (which of course I can't :lol) I would just stick with girls because boys scared me

When I got pregnant with my 4th ....I just knew it was a boy. This time I wasn't vocal about it cuz it kind of scared me to think about having a boy. But... none the less ..... he was all boy.

My fifth pregnancy, I knew it was a girl from the moment I knew I was pregnant. It didn't matter what anyone said... I knew. She was a girl

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
July 7th, 2007, 06:17 PM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
I "just knew" I was having a girl right from the getgo. And I was right!

So YES Im definatly a believer.

July 12th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a knack for this kind of thing. Not just correctly "guessing" the sex of my own babies, but others' as well. I correctly guessed both my children to be just what they turned out to be (first one - girl, second one -boy). I always tell people "I knew" because that's what my mother's intuition told me with both of them. But when it comes to guessing other people's babies...I think it's just a lucky guess. The feeling is definately stronger for me when I'm "guessing" the sex of my own children.

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
July 14th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Castaway
This I do believe in. I have number 3 on the way. My first 2 were girls and I never really had a feeling either way with them but as soon as I walked into that U/S clinic for the 20 week appointment I was overcome with the strongest feeling they were both girls. I was right. With this one I didn't feel a sense either way except a couple times I would think maybe it's a girl and then other times I wasn't sure but no really strong feeling. At the 20 week U/S I walked in and felt NOTHING at all towards what the gender may be. Baby had it's legs crossed and I never found out then but when I was 26 weeks and went for the 3D I walked in and felt Boy. I remember looking at my mom and saying omg it's a boy. Sure enough about 5 minutes later it was confirmed and I knew it before she even pointed it out. This time he wasn't shy about showing off if ya know what I mean. LOL

July 14th, 2007, 11:17 PM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
I was sure my first was a girl (although I wanted a boy). I was completely wrong. Our 21 week u/s showed a boy!
With my second, the u/s tech said 80% sure it was a girl. I *knew* the tech was wrong. I had a really strong feeling I was having another boy. After going back a few weeks later, we learned my instinct was right.
With my last... I had no idea.
This time, I think boy.

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

July 19th, 2007, 07:28 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I think there is such a thing as motherly instinct when guessing the baby's gender, but I don't think it's always 100% reliable either. This is our first and everyone (including DF and I) are convinced that it's a girl. Even so, I wouldn't go as far as to buy a bunch of girl things, because I don't think it's definite. Idk, I guess I'll find out in a month or so
July 22nd, 2007, 09:08 AM
SugarNSpice's Avatar VBAC Mommy!!!
Send a message via MSN to SugarNSpice Send a message via Yahoo to SugarNSpice
I had a very strong feeling with both of mine that they were girls and I was right both times.

July 24th, 2007, 08:18 PM
toberny_mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was wrong both times and DH was right is there DH intuition about this???? lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search