Did you have an epesiotimy (sp)?

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2007, 09:03 PM
ahixon
I had an episiotomy with two of my kids, and tore with the third. They were not painful when I got them, when I tore it felt like fire going down my legs. And, really it wasn't to bad after, my main complaint was that it bothered me for years, mainly when I was pregnant and had pressure on my bottom. Good luck, if it makes you feel any better I would rather be cut than tear any day.
April 29th, 2007, 09:31 PM
mommyKathyX3
I had one epesiotomy and the sound of them cutting was worse than ANYTHING. If your going to be out (general anestesia) I wouldnt worry about it though. Honestly by the 2nd day I had very little pain, and within a week I was pretty much back to normal. I'm sure you'll be fine.
April 29th, 2007, 09:39 PM
ryansmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had four episiotomies and the recovery was awful. Hurt like heck to sit down, stand up, move my legs in any way for a couple of weeks. The first time having sex after giving birth was horrific after having an episiotomy. After that I got a midwife with the skill to gently deliver the baby without the need for an episiotomy and no tearing - and recovery was a breeze. It was wonderful to have NO pain after giving birth!

<span style="color:#CC0000">Marian Wright Edelman
April 29th, 2007, 09:53 PM
asianmama
with my dd i riped... i think they said i had a 2nd degree tear... omg i was in pain for like 4 months after the birth and then now it only hurts if i get clogged up.... i have to take daily does of stool softners and lots of fiberish foods.sex hurt so bad im i shocked that i didnt rip with alex.
good luck, sorry ur births left u with so much scar tissue.
April 30th, 2007, 09:15 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I had an episiotomy for all four of my hospital births. Yes, they hurt like hell for weeks afterwards, and intimacy was uncomfortable for a couple of months following the worst of them. That doc was scissor-happy, cut "all the way back" and then did a lousy stitch job. For my fourth baby, I had an episiotomy and tore in two other directions. The tears healed within days, but the episiotomy took a long longer to heal. (So much for a clean cut healing faster...) That was enough for me... my last two were delivered at home, in an upright position, and I didn't tear at all.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 30th, 2007, 01:29 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tore w/the first baby, didnt know. The Dr told me while he was giving me the one stitch. 2nd baby I had an epi. and I didnt feel it either, but after for a couple of days, it would burn when I p'd. That was the only dicscomfort I had.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

May 2nd, 2007, 07:28 AM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tore a little bit... had to get a couple of stitches, but it didn't really hurt that bad. I had sex right before the 6 week mark, so obviously it didn't hurt that bad!

May 2nd, 2007, 11:51 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
I was (and still am) very fearful of having an episiotomy, it scares me to death. I'm not sure why though.

Luckily, I didnt need one with Seamus... but unluckily, I had to have an emergency c-section.

May 2nd, 2007, 01:32 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
I didn't have one, and that was because the doctor asked me if I wanted to and I said NO FREAKIN WAY! Lol, later she told me that I only had a very small tear requiring like 2 or 3 stitches, and it was in the SAME place as she would have cut me too!

Oh, and it was sore for a couple weeks, I still haven't had sex yet so idk about that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search