LOL LOL The Childishness.

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Veteran
I find this quite amusing. I had 5 stars a couple days ago because I looked when it was talked about on the debate boards. I was just notified I now have a 3. No one on any other board would have any riffs with me. Just find it amusing that someone would actually use the start rating system to settle their differences with someone. Ooooh. Ouch. Any confessions?
May 29th, 2007, 09:04 PM
ahixon
Not me LOL, I didn't even know about the star thing until today.
May 29th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
I think the star system is childish and if someone has to seek revenge by taking your stars, I would say that is pretty chickensh*t. I didn't even know about the stars system until the thread was started last week. I did find it funny to see that I was missing stars, though. Meh, what are you going to do?
Just point and laugh, ya know. Tell them to grow a backbone and take it to the boards.

May 29th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Veteran
^That's how I feel. I can't believe people are going around actually bothering to do that. Wow..
May 30th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Ms.Michelle
I just looked and it was at four. I added my vote to try to make it five. Sorry, it's still at four. If I didnt' have you to butt heads with on a 100% basis, the debates wouldn't be any fun!
May 30th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Veteran
Oooh goody my score is going back up.. Woo flipping hoo. I'm just surprised people actually use that when they are frustrated. Wowzers.
May 30th, 2007, 08:05 PM
mommyKathyX3
I just gave you 5 also croonie. Too bad they dont have partials.
June 11th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
4 stars over here. I thought in the beginning of the new system that the star system would really hurt my feelings, because I came here for support and to think that if anyone was that mad at me, then I really didnt belong here
Now I dont give a ######, so click away you angry ladies... I"m not leaving!

June 12th, 2007, 05:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't even notice the star thing! Thats freaking lame, whatever if people want to give me a bad rating I could care less, doesn't affect me in the slightest!

(Off to check my stars....)
June 12th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Ms.Michelle
Well, I had to check your stars!
June 12th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OK I tried giving you guys stars and leaving comments and it won't let me...the heck?
June 12th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Ms.Michelle
I really haven't figure all of this stuff either.. Like I don't understand, is there a voting limit on how many times I can give someone five stars?
June 13th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
This is something that has come with the forum software. The intended purpose is for rating someone on things such as how much they know on a given topic, how helpful they are, how active they are, etc. It was not intended as a popularity contest. We had some concerns with this originally when we went live with the upgraded software, but figured we'd play it by ear and see what our members thought of it. This is the first complaint I have heard with it. We have the option to disable the rating system if this is the preference of our members.

Teresa[/b]
June 13th, 2007, 08:45 AM
donomama
I have 4 stars now too and I know who gave me one star. I called her on it and she admitted it.
June 13th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Veteran
You can rate people here?? lol I bet I got like no stars because I'm an outcast with funny world views...

How do I find them?
June 13th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
You can rate people here?? lol I bet I got like no stars because I'm an outcast with funny world views...

How do I find them?[/b]
You just go into people's profiles. I just went into yours and you have five stars. If in a few days you do notice a different rating, don't take it personally. It's just a stupid little feature.
June 13th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Quote:

How do I find them?[/b]
You just go into people's profiles. I just went into yours and you have five stars. If in a few days you do notice a different rating, don't take it personally. It's just a stupid little feature.
[/b]
Oh right. Cool! Haha those stars ain't gonna stay....

I was naughty so they took off my stars...I feel like I'm back in primary school....
June 15th, 2007, 04:37 PM
donomama
Quote:
Tiffany, did this person mean to give you only 1 star?!?! [/b]
Yes. Since I knew who it was, I pm'd her. We had just had a disagreement in a debate and I saw my profile with 5 stars one minute, and then 4 stars the next, with her name at the top of people who had looked at my profile. She admitted to giving me 1 star - she couldn't really deny it because I knew.

Quote:
I don't rate anyone if I don't want to give them 5 stars. It is just mean to give anyone any less. So if I don't like 'em, I don't rate 'em. [/b]
Ditto
June 15th, 2007, 09:54 PM
mommyKathyX3
Quote:
I really haven't figure all of this stuff either.. Like I don't understand, is there a voting limit on how many times I can give someone five stars?[/b]
You can only vote one time for someone, but you can UPDATE your vote at any time. Like if you gave them 4 stars one time, and changed your mind you can change it to 5 or 1 or whatever. Thats why you can keep voting. It'll only count as once though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search