To shave or not to shave

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2007, 10:10 AM
tevinsangel
So, here's my question. Since you've been married or with SO do you find yourself slipping in the shaving your legs department? That is if you shave your legs....good thing I didn't make this into a poll lol. I was extremely faithful to shave the ole legs through the dating time and through the first 3 to 4 years of married life. However, 7 years later.....I have slacked off out of sheer laziness and tiredness. (I do shave if I wear my shorts or capris but that is out of respect for the public ha ha). Anyone else in this delima? Or am I the only one.....oh boy...please don't let me be the only one.
June 26th, 2007, 10:13 AM
*Aspen*
I'm a total slacker. I shaved during dating but it's gotten "worse and worse". I use quotations because I don't think not shaving is a bad thing....we DO have hair for a reason, so I don't see it as gross if there are body parts unshaved. Different, because I don't see it often and it's not "normal" to me, but not gross in any way.

If I'm out in public I do shave.
June 26th, 2007, 10:18 AM
tevinsangel
Thank goodness I am not the only one lol! I've got better things to do like read the latest Stephen King novel...geez!!!
June 26th, 2007, 10:26 AM
donomama
Well, first off, before I answer the question, I want to recognize that Faith has posted 2 in 2 topics in a row with absolutely no mention of doing it with her husband in the late phases of pregnancy!!!

Ok, now that that's out of the way: I shave much less. It's not that I don't care, I just have more going on than when we were dating. Like the whiskers I now have to pluck and wax from off my FACE!!! Yes, one of my nicest side effects from my last pregnancy.
June 26th, 2007, 10:45 AM
tevinsangel
Quote:
Well, first off, before I answer the question, I want to recognize that Faith has posted 2 in 2 topics in a row with absolutely no mention of doing it with her husband in the late phases of pregnancy!!!

Ok, now that that's out of the way: I shave much less. It's not that I don't care, I just have more going on than when we were dating. Like the whiskers I now have to pluck and wax from off my FACE!!! Yes, one of my nicest side effects from my last pregnancy. [/b]

I'm so bad...hee hee.. I might have to make a new topic up about S.E.X....but I won't mention how it can help start labor! Oh and I totally have to wax under my darn chin now thanks to Riley.... I think he left some of his testosterone in me when I was preggo with him....little bugger...
June 26th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Ms.Michelle
i was so proud of myself because I shaved my legs two days ago! (It was a jungle though!) Dh claims he doesn't care but I find my legs get so itchy if I don't.
June 26th, 2007, 12:07 PM
*Aspen*
I hated shaving when pregnant, I couldn't breathe I was so huge it HURT to bend to reach my legs and I didn't trust dh with a razor LOL!
June 26th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Ms.Michelle
I trimmed my toe nails this morning too! I don't know why it matters so much but because most of you have been pregnant, I think you can understand my small victories.
June 26th, 2007, 12:51 PM
*Aspen*
Quote:
I trimmed my toe nails this morning too! I don't know why it matters so much but because most of you have been pregnant, I think you can understand my small victories.[/b]
LOL! I painted mine for the first time in MONTHS the other day.....and instead of pink...I BRANCHED OUT TO GREEN OMG! lol
June 26th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we've been married 2 1/2 years.. and there is a major slack on shaving on my part, and I just dont worry about it!

June 26th, 2007, 01:53 PM
kadydid
Not me, I am a total shaver! I shave everything too! I donít shave for my man, even though he appreciates it, I shave because I donít like the feel of body hair. I get really itchy!
June 26th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I did worse when we were dating actually because we weren't DTD as often and we weren't sleeping in the same bed. I'm pretty good about shaving my legs now or I get what my DH lovingly refers to as "cricket legs." My DH helped shave my legs and cut my toenails when I was pregnant!
June 26th, 2007, 02:02 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
I am in the dating phase and still slack much more than I probably should. Jas has never said anything, but I can't imagine him not noticing... now other parts that's a different story, I'm fanatical about that..... but shaving my legs while I was pregnant, didn't happen much, I was like a gorilla, but luckily it's blonde so you can't really tell.

June 26th, 2007, 03:12 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Quote:
Not me, I am a total shaver! I shave everything too! I donít shave for my man, even though he appreciates it, I shave because I donít like the feel of body hair. I get really itchy![/b]
LOL! Ditto that! Though I'm much more vigilant about shaving "down there" than my legs. Legs take too long, and my back/neck hurts afterwards! Plus I wear jeans literally all the time, even during the summer, so no one sees my legs anyway!

Quote:
Not me, I am a total shaver! I shave everything too! I donít shave for my man, even though he appreciates it, I shave because I donít like the feel of body hair. I get really itchy![/b]
LOL! Ditto that! Though I'm much more vigilant about shaving "down there" than my legs. Legs take too long, and my back/neck hurts afterwards! Plus I wear jeans literally all the time, even during the summer, so no one sees my legs anyway!
June 26th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
I have this gf and when she shaves she shaves her toes and that patch in the middle now i am curious who else does this? Does everyone but me have there feet?[/b]
I'm pretty lucky.. I think it's the native side of me, but I don't have lots of hair.. Especially where you are describing..
But a little something embarassing/TMI? Since getting preggo, I have hair on my butt I NEVER had before.
June 26th, 2007, 03:30 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
What I've found is that I get a better shave if I go few days in between - my legs are smoother! So, I shave a couple of times a week. My hubby swears that he doesn't care when I'm scratchy, but it bugs me.

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search