Bands

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2007, 11:22 AM
kadydid
I have many bands that I love, but right now I am LOVING The Killers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oec8RuwVVs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48fTXkMR9ts

What band are you into right now?
June 28th, 2007, 12:16 PM
tevinsangel
I really like Nickleback right now, I also like the song "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley. What I listen to most though is..... Christmas music!!! I heart me some Christmas Music (Celtic Women has an awesome album for that). ohhhh and Michael Buble.."come fly with me let's fly fly away"....I wanna be a groupie for him.
June 28th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Ms.Michelle
My Dh likes that Michael Buble too!

Umm.. I'm a Madonna freak. She really empowers me so I've been listening to her a lot more than normal. I usually have a radio on as well.

I do really want to pick up the new White Stripes cd. I love them!
June 28th, 2007, 02:58 PM
donomama
I'm a radio girl myself. But lately, Avery has decided that she doesn't want to listen to music in the car. She insists on a book on CD everytime we get in. Right now, we're listening to "A Cricket in Times Square."
June 28th, 2007, 03:04 PM
chlodoll
I am so stuck a few years ago with my musical taste. I never listen to anything new excpet the occasional songs I hear on the radio when i am cooking or cleaning! I like 90's rock and hip hop. Rap the last few years has just been atrocious!
June 28th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
70's rock almost all the time.

June 28th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I have to say that I really like the voice of Akon, but just cant listen to him out of principle now.. and I have a long list of rappers like that

June 28th, 2007, 03:28 PM
chlodoll
I love K-Os, I live in his home town! I dont like the whole southern rap movement Its just bad bad bad. I like Jay Z, Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Nas, Method man, Ghostface etc etc etc Any rap that is slightly more concious then Right Thurr by Chingy hahaha

my favourite ever is Lauryn Hill, I was so sad she went all crazy haha
June 28th, 2007, 03:31 PM
The humping of the 14 year old girl onstage
and then shoving a teen boy off stage at a diff concert

Quote:
Akon, whose hits include "Don't Matter," "I Wanna Love You" with Snoop Dogg and "Smack That" with Eminem, was videotaped simulating sex with a girl invited onstage as part of his act during an April 12 concert in Trinidad. After the video was circulated widely on the Internet, it was revealed that she was 14.

Since the incident, Verizon has pulled out as a sponsor of his tour with Gwen Stefani, for whom he wrote the hit "The Sweet Escape."

In a statement released Wednesday to The Associated Press, Akon, 34, said he was sorry for the incident, but also said he didn't know the girl was underage.

"I want to sincerely apologize for the embarrassment and any pain I've caused to the young woman who joined me onstage, her family and the Trinidad community for the events at my concert," Akon said.

"It was never my intention to embarrass or take advantage of my fans in any way, especially those under the age of 18. That is why we tried to make sure that the club did not admit anyone under 18 in the audience," he said. "Somehow, that standard was not met."[/b]
Quote:
The Trinidad Express says Akon, also known as the "Smack That" rapper, turned, twisted and flipped the teen's body while "mimicking sexual positions." Another performer "sandwiched" the girl with Akon in a manner similar to an incident with Tara Reid during a Sundance Film Festival party.

The girl went onstage in hopes of winning a dance contest offering a trip to Africa as the prize. But when she won, the "trip" was actually the "on-stage encounter" the Express said. The girl's head reportedly hit the floor during the performance.[/b]
Quote:
Audience members said the trouble started when a spectator lobbed something at Akon during a concert Sunday at Dutchess Stadium and the 34-year-old singer asked the crowd to point out the culprit. A security guard picked out a 15-year-old and sent him up to the stage, where Akon hoisted him onto his shoulders and flung him back into the audience, The Poughkeepsie Journal reported Thursday.

The boy landed on Abby Rosa, who told the newspaper she quickly felt a headache and blurry vision and was later diagnosed with a concussion. She said she has hired a lawyer and spoke to Fishkill police about the incident, and that she wants an apology from Akon.

Fishkill Police Detective Lt. John Berlingieri said no criminal charges had been filed against Akon. And the singer's attorney, Benjamin Brafman, released a statement saying there was no basis for criminal charges.

But Berlingieri said police want to talk to the teen, whose name has not been released. A Fishkill town official told the newspaper the boy was not hurt and left the stadium after declining medical treatment.[/b]
he should have been able to see that she clearly wasn't 18. it was just gross in general
http://www.ifilm.com/video/2853758

June 28th, 2007, 03:34 PM
chlodoll
I cant watch the video right now but that article says that people under 18 were not supposed to be in the club so I dont think we can say he should have absolutley known.
June 28th, 2007, 03:38 PM
donomama
Quote:
I cant watch the video right now but that article says that people under 18 were not supposed to be in the club so I dont think we can say he should have absolutley known.[/b]

I didn't watch the video either, but I agree. If he's in a club that's only supposed to be 18 and up, it is the fault of the club and the bouncers, not the performer. As the artist, it's not his job to card everyone, it's theirs.
June 28th, 2007, 03:41 PM
they say the girl looked very young. No matter, it was gross,and he legally lost alot of sponsors over it. I can't fault them for it. with or wihtout the girl incident, the shoving of the boy is WRONG
and age or not, it was incredibly gross, and like I said, I boycott other singers for similar type actions

June 28th, 2007, 03:41 PM
chlodoll
Well I watched it and I can barely even see the girl to determine how old she looks, but I am 21 and people tell me I look 16 all the time and I am sure a 14 year old can look 18 especially when she isnt supposed to be there. I dont think you can fault Akon for that one.

I watched the other video with the boy he threw off stage awhile ago and it was ridiculous. Performers always get bottles and crap thrown at them on stage, thats for security to deal with not the performer!
June 28th, 2007, 03:42 PM
donomama
Quote:
they say the girl looked very young. No matter, it was gross,and he legally lost alot of sponsors over it. I can't fault them for it. with or wihtout the girl incident, the shoving of the boy is WRONGand age or not, it was incredibly gross, and like I said, I boycott other singers for similar type actions[/b]

Don't get me wrong, I hate that kind of stuff too, and I don't listen to artists that are nasty. I just don't think him mistaking a 14 year old for an 18 year old was his fault in this case.
June 28th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Well I watched it and I can barely even see the girl to determine how old she looks, but I am 21 and people tell me I look 16 all the time and I am sure a 14 year old can look 18 especially when she isnt supposed to be there. I dont think you can fault Akon for that one.

I watched the other video with the boy he threw off stage awhile ago and it was ridiculous. Performers always get bottles and crap thrown at them on stage, thats for security to deal with not the performer![/b]
no lie! He pulls him up on stage just in order to physically shove him off the stage.. give me a break dude!

June 28th, 2007, 03:44 PM
kadydid
I could not tell how old she was, but ***??? I don't go to rap concerts or listen to rap in general, but that was slightly over the top dontcha think?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search