Aaaaaahhhhh!

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2007, 12:44 PM
donomama
Ignore this post if you don't want to hear me whine....

DH has been out of town all week. That always makes me a little more irritated than normal anyway. Well, this week, we are getting a new roof, and the roofers have been starting every morning at 6:30!!! I know that is not early for a lot of you, but my kids usually sleep until at least 8, so they have been pretty tired this week from getting up so early. Also, they haven't had great naps since the roofers are working during their naptime as well. Well, today, I got them down for their naps, and 5 minutes later, DD comes out of her room with blood streaming down her face. Somehow, she had given herself a bloody nose, and there was blood all over her sheets and comforter. So I got that cleaned up, sheets changed and then I heard DS start screaming. I went in and his crib was soaked. I thought at first that he had thrown up, but I didn't smell vomit. Then, I notice that there is a steady stream of water pouring from a giant hole in the ceiling, right over his bed!!! We had an afternoon thundershower, and apparently the roofers didn't properly cover the roof. By this time, they have already left for the day, so they are "sending someone out to look at it." In the mean time, we have FINALLY found someone that might buy our house, but they want to come and look at it again today or tomorrow. I'm sure they are going to be very impressed with this big, wet hole in the ceiling... I just want to scream!!!
June 28th, 2007, 12:53 PM
tevinsangel
Oh my word!!! Wow....you are having a time of it aren't' you, lady! I hope those dumb roofers come back and fix it. I'd be taking pics of the damage and whatnot just in case they decide to do nothing. Geez...what a day!
June 28th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Ms.Michelle
Good idea about the pics!

That totally sucks! I hope they get the hole looking good BEFORE the viewing!
June 28th, 2007, 03:01 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Calgon take you away!!!!

June 28th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
a hole over his bed! i'd be livid!! hope it gets fixed

June 28th, 2007, 03:03 PM
donomama
Quote:
Calgon take you away!!!![/b]

I'm going to try to take a picture of it tonight, and I'll post it for you girls to see.
June 28th, 2007, 04:51 PM
donomama
Here are the pictures...

The hole in the ceiling:

The water that I've collected. Looks like Coke, doesn't it? This is the lovely water I found in the baby's bed WITH HIM!

I just called for the THIRD time to have someone come and fix it. Still no luck and the forcast calls for heavy thunder storms tonight...
June 28th, 2007, 05:27 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
O........M........G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mouth is hanging open right now! What a day! (((HUGS)))

June 28th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Ms.Michelle
OH NO!!!

You can see the water behind the wall too!

Oh girl, I'm so sorry!
June 28th, 2007, 07:21 PM
tevinsangel
OH MY WORD!!!! I would be calling my insurance company pronto and asking them what you should do. If those guys messed up your roof, they should responsible for the damage you are incurring right now. I would be very livid and on the next call to them I would say, my lawyer will be contacting them.....how wrong....I am livid for you.
June 29th, 2007, 05:54 AM
donomama
Thanks for your kind thoughts, ladies. Just to update you, the roofing guy showed up last night, right after I had put DS to bed (of course). They fixed the hole on the roof, apparently, because it rained again last night and nothing leaked through. They have promised to pay for the repairs, but I'm keeping my pictures as proof until it is completed to my satisfaction. I'm going to be really annoying today with my calls to them, because I want it fixed ASAP. I don't want prospective buyers coming through to look at my house with a ginormous hole in the ceiling!!!
June 29th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Ms.Michelle
Last night I was thinking about that more.. Having DH gone can really suck in that situation. I find by just having DH around, businesses and workers take me more seriously. (I hate it but he is so wonderful about it, I appreicate him that much more.)
June 29th, 2007, 08:04 AM
donomama
Quote:
Last night I was thinking about that more.. Having DH gone can really suck in that situation. I find by just having DH around, businesses and workers take me more seriously. (I hate it but he is so wonderful about it, I appreicate him that much more.)[/b]

Totally! I hate admitting just how much I depend on him, but in situations like this, it becomes very obvious. I called DH last night to cry and tell him how much I love and appreciate him. I can't wait until he gets home.
June 29th, 2007, 08:11 AM
kadydid
OH NO!!
I'm sorry I hope it gets fixed soon!!
June 29th, 2007, 08:21 AM
*Aspen*
wow...i'd be livid!!!!
June 29th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am no expert on water damage, but cant the roofers be liable for something here! shouldnt they have to fix this as soon as possible?!?!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search