just wanted to let you all know

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2007, 12:29 AM
LaceyMommy2B
lol.. i can barely bring myself to eat ANY pork or beef from grocery stores anymore. after ONE debate (i dont even remember which one now) where someone posted about what all was pumped into regular store bought meat (err cows/pigs).. i just cant do it..! i blamed it on my pregnancy at first, but i really think its cause every time i sit down in front of a WONDERFUL smelling steak, i think back to that post and lose my appetite. i used to be CARNIVOROUS, seriously.. my meals usually consisted of meat with a side of meat and maybe a lil macaroni or a potato lol.. NOW.. i just want a freaking carrot stick. i can still eat chicken, despite the fact that chickens eat shyt.. that doesnt gross me out as much! sooooooo someone needs to post about how thats all a big lie and i should eat my heart out in steaks next time.. hehe.

FTR: i quit eating grilled cheese or anything else REALLY cheesy (made of real cheese, not powder like in mac n cheese lol) when i found out cheese was bacteria, for over a YEAR.

remind me to steer clear of the food debates from now on! ..i cant afford to be TOO crunchy in the food dept!

okay, i was bored and needed to ramble.. so i just thought id fill you all in on that tid-bit, i know you are so glad that i did!
June 29th, 2007, 05:19 AM
tevinsangel
MEAT!!! It's whats for dinner!!! LOL....I still heart me some meat. In fact I've been craving red meat like there's no tomorrow.....hmm...I craved meat like this with my DD....uh oh.. JUST KIDDING. I know I can't be pregnant yet.... Back to topic though...do local butcher shops put all the junk in it as well? Cause I've been considering buying a meat package at my local butchers.
June 29th, 2007, 05:49 AM
donomama
Wahahahaha! I read the topic and thought "Oh, how sweet, we have touched her life and she wants to thank us."

Just for the record, I have never been on the anti meat wagon, and never filled your head with gross facts about meat.
June 29th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was just getting ready to post my own thread about this!!!!! It's crazy, I logged on to the Chit Chat area to make the post, I saw your thread and decided to read it first. Only, mine isn't about meat, though I'm not far from changing that!

I bought my first container of Organic Milk last night!!!! I hope I can keep DH thinking it is worth the money!!!! Thanks ladies, I'm super excited!

Just out curiousity, are D & R's a good place for healthier meat?
June 29th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Ms.Michelle

I think it's funny how debates can actually change us... Speaking of which, I've been wanted to learn more about composting.. So I'll start a debate!
June 29th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Tofu Bacon
Mwuhaahaa, my plot for world domination is unfolding . Oops, I was think out aloud again. Seriously though, I'm so glad to you want to make healthy changes! Just be careful and you'll end up like me and have heart palpatations anytime you try and venture out of the organic section .
June 29th, 2007, 07:41 PM
kadydid
Ya I get grossed out too. I read this article called Meet the Meat once, and I have not been the same since.
June 29th, 2007, 08:00 PM
LaceyMommy2B
almost Faith.. lol.. you ALMOST got me!

lol, Cori.. your plan is working on me at least.

i dont think ill be reading Meet the Meat lol.. i try to stay away from things like that (you know, like that and that movie about what is done in fast food restaurants!).

DH thinks i'm crazy enough that i got so excited to see a HUGE organic section at Safeway.. and i have never even eaten organic (well other than my g-ma's garden) but it was so cool.. we dont have anything like it in alabama that i know of.. but you know those plastic containers filled with candy that you get out with the scoop and buy by the pound? they had all kinds of organic things in those that you could buy the same way.. all kinds of organic seasoning, herbal remedy type stuff, cereals, granola, even organic jelly beans and other candies.

my DH makes it worse on me.. now every time he gets a steak he say "MMMM, STEROIDS AND HORMONES..mmmmmm." in a very MACHO voice.
June 29th, 2007, 08:12 PM
kadydid
You should really send him this article to his email

http://www.taoism.net/living/2000/200001.htm

(don't you read it though, you wont want to eat meat anymore if you get grossed out easy )
June 30th, 2007, 12:18 PM
mommyKathyX3
Quote:
You should really send him this article to his email

http://www.taoism.net/living/2000/200001.htm

(don't you read it though, you wont want to eat meat anymore if you get grossed out easy )[/b]
that article didnt really bother me much. How does veggies get thier nutrients? From the compost (aka rotting stuff) of other stuff. eh, whats the diff as long as its cooked. lol
July 1st, 2007, 07:00 PM
~Faith~
I saw that "movie" about the fast food/meat/slaughterhouses....I think I had a hamburger afterwards. BAhahahaha! Just kidding, but I did have a loverly grilled hamburger for dinner tonight and it was ohhhh so yummy!
July 1st, 2007, 09:16 PM
Tofu Bacon
Quote:
I saw that "movie" about the fast food/meat/slaughterhouses....I think I had a hamburger afterwards. BAhahahaha! Just kidding, but I did have a loverly grilled hamburger for dinner tonight and it was ohhhh so yummy![/b]
The book (Fast Food Nation) totally blows away the movie; dh and I swore off factory-farmed meat by the end of chapter 2. An even gritter book is "Slaughterhouse" by Gail Eisnitz; she was a government agent who happened upon the slaughterhouse issue completely by accident.
July 1st, 2007, 09:43 PM
mommyKathyX3
Quote:
Quote:
I saw that "movie" about the fast food/meat/slaughterhouses....I think I had a hamburger afterwards. BAhahahaha! Just kidding, but I did have a loverly grilled hamburger for dinner tonight and it was ohhhh so yummy![/b]
The book (Fast Food Nation) totally blows away the movie; dh and I swore off factory-farmed meat by the end of chapter 2. An even gritter book is "Slaughterhouse" by Gail Eisnitz; she was a government agent who happened upon the slaughterhouse issue completely by accident.
[/b]
I didnt realize it was a book? hmm have to look into that one. The movie didnt do anything at ALL for me or hubby. I knew most of that was going on, dont care. Just cook it a LOT. lol There's fecal matter in just about ANYTHING anymore. ick, but part of life, ya know.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search