Exercise

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2007, 11:47 AM
*Aspen*
Do you exercise? What do you do?
June 29th, 2007, 11:54 AM
donomama
Run run run!

I have actually slacked the last few weeks due to injury, the sweltering heat, and the fact that my running partner moved to Idaho. I need to get back out there!
June 29th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
god I hate running.. I wish I loved it, because I admire it, but physically I can't do it. I can do any other sport/activity except running

this is really odd, but my mom and I both think we have smaller lungs or less ability to take in oxygen. we get more winded than most people even in tip top shape, and even just sitting watching TV I will feel pressure on my chest and I can't breathe deeply enough to get air.. so therefore running is very difficult for me (even when I get to the point of running a few miles a day)

June 29th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Ms.Michelle
I have a stationary bike i use while I watch Oprah!
June 29th, 2007, 02:24 PM
*Aspen*
Quote:
I used to love to run. I was pretty good too.

My fat butt can't even walk now without gasping for air.

I have been doing my WATP DVDs on and off for the past year. I usually do the 2 and 3 mile walks.

I have resistance bands and 2lb weights that I also use (again, on and off).

I just bought a bike not too long ago! Still have to build up my endurance though...I tried to ride my bike a few weeks ago, and...seriously, I got to the end of the street and had to go back home. Pathetic, isn't it?! I was all ready to go too! Helmet, water bottle, 'biking clothes', etc.

Haha! Oh yea, and I bought one of those cool 'cabin' looking things for kids that hitches on to the bike...ha...I was like "oh yea, piece of cake". I put David and Devin in there...which is like, 80lbs (not including the weight of the 'cabin'-thingy), and...yea...that didn't work out too good either. [/b]
OMG Cece that is too funny!! You gotta start small honey! LOL!!! I'd love to have a bike, esp stationary. I could sit on it forever as long as I was distracted by something interesting on t.v.
June 29th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Tofu Bacon
I've been a slug for the past couple of months . but normally I just walk
June 29th, 2007, 08:11 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We got On Demand cable a few months ago and they offer a constantly rotating selection of workout videos. I love the kickboxing ones and pilates. I miss the weight room at our old apt. complex, though... DH and I almost joined a gym but it was soooo expensive, and we didn't know if we'd be in this area in a year. But we agreed that when we get a house, we're going to get an elliptical and a weight machine!

June 29th, 2007, 08:33 PM
*Aspen*
I would LOVE to take a kickboxing/karate class.....but I have high anxiety performance I get very nervous being put on the spot and I don't know if I could handle it. We certainly don't have the money for private lessons. But I'm determined to have the funds one day.
June 29th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^ OMG Aspen I do too. I dont do sports of any kind because I am literally terrified of people watching me and me screwing up.. its a BIG deal. i dont even like to learn board games in front of people I dont knowIt has literally affected my life. I had a smaller wedding cause of it, I dont do alot of things and sit out when others are playing games
most of it comes from the fact that my dad would HORRIBLY degrade me when I made any tiny mistake. If you didnt say the prayer right, he has been known to pick up your plate and chunk it across the room and then make you clean it up for your mistake (also why I had a small wedding cause I didnt want him there or to know where it was)ok that was alot of unnecessary info!

June 29th, 2007, 10:39 PM
kadydid
I do everything. I run/jog, I also belong to the gym and I do Pilates. I have tentatively put my name down for a 30 mile marathon next year, but I am not sure if I can do it....I am nervous. Just thought I would share my anxiety with you all. I was just thinking about it tonight so I thought I would share. My feet have been really sore lately, I think I might have to give up running. I have hurt both of my feet really badly in the last 5 years. It's really sad because that is where I find my peace of mind. I need a new hobby I think...
Quote:
^ OMG Aspen I do too. I dont do sports of any kind because I am literally terrified of people watching me and me screwing up.. its a BIG deal. i dont even like to learn board games in front of people I dont knowIt has literally affected my life. I had a smaller wedding cause of it, I dont do alot of things and sit out when others are playing gamesmost of it comes from the fact that my dad would HORRIBLY degrade me when I made any tiny mistake. If you didnt say the prayer right, he has been known to pick up your plate and chunk it across the room and then make you clean it up for your mistake (also why I had a small wedding cause I didnt want him there or to know where it was)ok that was alot of unnecessary info![/b]
What a jerk! I can see why you wouldn't want him there!
June 30th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I occasionally have sex
June 30th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Ms.Michelle
You guys need to see the Friends episode where Rachel went running with Phoebe!

Quote:
most of it comes from the fact that my dad would HORRIBLY degrade me when I made any tiny mistake. If you didnt say the prayer right, he has been known to pick up your plate and chunk it across the room and then make you clean it up for your mistake (also why I had a small wedding cause I didnt want him there or to know where it was)ok that was alot of unnecessary info![/b]

Quote:
I occasionally have sex [/b]
June 30th, 2007, 03:43 PM
kadydid
Quote:
You guys need to see the Friends episode where Rachel went running with Phoebe![/b]
I love that one!!
June 30th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
I do not believe in running unless I am being chased.

I have a gym membership and I was going regularly while I had a personal trainer, once I no longer had someone to be accountable to, I quit going.

I have an elliptical machine and a faux-flex and I use them to hang laundry on.

June 30th, 2007, 06:47 PM
~Faith~
Quote:
I do not believe in running unless I am being chased.

I have a gym membership and I was going regularly while I had a personal trainer, once I no longer had someone to be accountable to, I quit going.

I have an elliptical machine and a faux-flex and I use them to hang laundry on. [/b]

LOL...I had a faux-flex too..it sat and collected dust until we sold it. I have had so many at home work out machines, it's not even funny. In the last 7 years, we have owned 4 treadmills, 2 elliptical machines, 1 gazelle (Tony Little machine), 1 faux-flex and 1 all in 1 at home gym/weight system ohhh..and countless exercise DVD's. I feel better just reading a diet book and then I magically forget to follow it. Oh and the icing on the cake (that's my problem by the way...darn cake), we are currently paying for a 1 year membership to a gym that we have only been to 3 times.
June 30th, 2007, 07:20 PM
*Aspen*
Quote:
^ OMG Aspen I do too. I dont do sports of any kind because I am literally terrified of people watching me and me screwing up.. its a BIG deal. i dont even like to learn board games in front of people I dont knowIt has literally affected my life. I had a smaller wedding cause of it, I dont do alot of things and sit out when others are playing games
most of it comes from the fact that my dad would HORRIBLY degrade me when I made any tiny mistake. If you didnt say the prayer right, he has been known to pick up your plate and chunk it across the room and then make you clean it up for your mistake (also why I had a small wedding cause I didnt want him there or to know where it was)ok that was alot of unnecessary info![/b]
I know how you feel, it does hinder a lot of social things I would LOVE to participate in.... *sigh* Part of me thinks the only way to get over though is to just DO IT! I often think about enrolling myself when the time comes to enroll Kailey in karate...but then I think to myself...what if my 3 year old daughter is better than me and I get made fun of?!?! LOL!!!!

Quote:
I occasionally have sex [/b]
Same here. LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search