Might be getting a new pup

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2007, 05:02 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window

What a cutie! You are the only ones that can decide if you are ready! I think it is great that you know you have enough love to share with another dog.

July 1st, 2007, 06:23 PM
mommyKathyX3
OMG that is a beautiful dog! I love boxers, and she is SO pretty! I think you guys would do awesome with her, and if you think your ready, then go for it!
July 1st, 2007, 08:54 PM
Marissa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Marissa Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa
She's gorgeous.

I think if your ready to have another dog, then go for it.
July 2nd, 2007, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I think a wonderful way to honor Blitz would be to give another dog a wonderful, loving home!!! There aren't enough homes like yours for dogs and cats who need someone ton love them.
July 2nd, 2007, 09:48 AM
Ms.Michelle

OMG IS KASEY CUTE!!!!

Only you guys know if it's too soon. I would say go for it but I know it's not always that easy.
July 3rd, 2007, 10:08 AM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lotus86 Send a message via Yahoo to lotus86
I would give her a couple days to decide. I'm sure it's not easy to rehome a dog that you love dearly. She is beautiful and I really hope you get her
July 3rd, 2007, 01:43 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:
Update:
We went and seen her last night and feel in love with her. She's such a good pup and good with kitties (we just got a new kitten too). So we decided to get her. The owner said she would bring her over at around 10:30 this morning but called and said that she needed more time to think about it. We already feel in love with Kasey and were told that we could adopt her and now, they *might* want to change their mind. I've cried so much today and I don't know if it is because I'm pregnant and emotional or because of this situation. Should we wait or try to find another dog?[/b]
WHAT?!?! What kind of game is she playing? She put the dog on craigslist, interviewed you, gave you the thumbs up, set up a drop off and is now backpeddling? ***? Did she tell you how much longer she needed to consider the decision? It seems that if you go through the motions of putting an ad out for your dog and interviewing potential owners you should be pretty d*mn sure that is what you want to do. Don't let her toy with your emotions any more. I would call her and tell her that if she hasn't decided by the end of the day what she is going to do, that you are not going to subject yourself and your family to any further heartbreak. You are all still mending your broken hearts from the loss of Blitz. This is, almost, emotional blackmail what she is doing, IMHO.

July 3rd, 2007, 02:49 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Update:
We went and seen her last night and feel in love with her. She's such a good pup and good with kitties (we just got a new kitten too). So we decided to get her. The owner said she would bring her over at around 10:30 this morning but called and said that she needed more time to think about it. We already feel in love with Kasey and were told that we could adopt her and now, they *might* want to change their mind. I've cried so much today and I don't know if it is because I'm pregnant and emotional or because of this situation. Should we wait or try to find another dog?[/b]
WHAT?!?! What kind of game is she playing? She put the dog on craigslist, interviewed you, gave you the thumbs up, set up a drop off and is now backpeddling? ***? Did she tell you how much longer she needed to consider the decision? It seems that if you go through the motions of putting an ad out for your dog and interviewing potential owners you should be pretty d*mn sure that is what you want to do. Don't let her toy with your emotions any more. I would call her and tell her that if she hasn't decided by the end of the day what she is going to do, that you are not going to subject yourself and your family to any further heartbreak. You are all still mending your broken hearts from the loss of Blitz. This is, almost, emotional blackmail what she is doing, IMHO.
[/b]
Exactly! She said she needed a couple more days to possibly re-think giving her to us. We agreed to pay an adoption fee so it's not like we are asking her to just give Kasey to us. I do plan on calling her tonight and telling her we need an answer by tomorrow because of exactly what you said, it toys with our emotions. She keeps her tied up during the day which really breaks my heart, I just want to love her!! This really makes me not trust craigslist.

Thanks girls, I'll update you guys when we get a REAL decision or if we decide to adopt another pup.
[/b]
OH NO! I can't believe that!

Obviously the owner has reservations with her heart.. if she is tying Kasey up all day, that's no life for her. I hope when you call her you can convince her because of the emotions you're whole family is going through, Kasey will be given so much.. Maybe offer to let this lady come over from time to time if it helps let Kasey go?

I feel horrible you have to negotate this with her considering how hard Blitz's passing has been and your pregnant!
July 5th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
Well the lady never got back to me and won't return my calls/emails. I really can't believe how some people can just be that cruel.[/b]
Oh no.. I'm so sorry Megan..Can you get that ad removed?OH. I see it's been removed. I'm sorry girl.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search