Live Chat

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2007, 06:20 PM
~Faith~
Just curious. When you participate in a live chat, do you keep what was talked about there OR do you take it to the Pm's and do the whole drama gossip thing? JUST CURIOUS.
July 4th, 2007, 06:22 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I leave it there. What happens in chat, STAYS in chat. Dirty girl Wait, was I supposed to say that?

July 4th, 2007, 06:24 PM
~Faith~
That's my philosophy on it, now if you PM me, I'll give you the dirty details to this new topic! JUST KIDDING, I don't "roll" like that.
July 4th, 2007, 08:17 PM
donomama
Are you talking about all that smack that was said about me last night after I logged off? Someone already pm'd me about that.....
July 4th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Are you talking about all that smack that was said about me last night after I logged off? Someone already pm'd me about that.....[/b]
HELL NO! I would have #####-slapped their ##### Stacey-style!!!

ETA: Shucks, we're not in chat, so it edited me.

July 4th, 2007, 08:25 PM
donomama
Quote:
Quote:
Are you talking about all that smack that was said about me last night after I logged off? Someone already pm'd me about that.....[/b]
HELL NO! I would have #####-slapped their ##### Stacey-style!!!
[/b]
July 4th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Veteran
Live chat stays in live chat because in live chat I can say what I want--I don't have to go vent about it to someone in PM's.
July 4th, 2007, 08:46 PM
~Faith~
By replying you ladies are narrowing down the field for me....although I'm 99% sure of who did the "talking". And I have a disclaimer to the person I'm privately thinking of...you can't yell at me cause I've not mentioned your name to anyone. So ha! And for the record, Tiff, no one talked smack while I was there, but I did turn in early around 1 a.m. (I paid for that today too...I's be tired).
July 4th, 2007, 08:59 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I must have missed a juicy chat last night...

July 4th, 2007, 09:01 PM
LaceyMommy2B
me too! did something leak? oh man.. dont tell me im gonna have to start watching what i say in there too..
my tourette's has really cleared up since being on chat.. i dont wanna go back to having probs again
July 4th, 2007, 09:25 PM
~Faith~
Nothing bad or wrong was said. I apparently said something that I was unaware was not "allowed". I got a PM (a very courteous and polite PM just for the record) about it. The only thing that ticked me off was the person who pm'd me...was NOT in chat last night. I don't go out of my way to pm people with the latest she said this/that crap. In fact the only person I've asked a drama question (one time I might add) in private to was Laura and it was about a person who's feelings got hurt and they left the debate boards, nothing nasty was said just a simple...so and so left? yep..that sucks...yep. Yes, I've been a bit miffed this evening but this just brought back 1996 for me in a Hellish sort of way (senior year of H.S.).
July 5th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Oh, wow! I thought this was a hypothetical question! That sux! Now I'm scared I might say something off limits. What topic did you "get in trouble" for? You can pm me.

July 5th, 2007, 10:46 AM
~Faith~
I'll refer you to the "real names" thread cause the two are related. lol The last post will give you the details. The Story
July 5th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
OKAY, Again, I am the one!
I addressed this in the other thread, I don't know why two have been started over this issue, but I feel compelled to defend myself here as well. The conversation happened, I said something about saying her name, she asked me not to use her real name. I told her, that Faith knew it too, so I didn't really think much about it. She asked if it would bother me if she PMed you, I told her absolutely not. She read the PM to me, it was a polite and non confrontational request. I am really bothered by the fact that there are two threads concerning, what I believed to be a very minor matter, seeming to want to villify me for something that was said in innocent conversation without any malicious intent.
You had to know with 100% certainty, and I knew it would be obvious when she sent the PM, that it would be me that had said something. I stated in that conversation that I was friends with her. The whole basis of the conversation with her, that led to telling her I had said her name, was just me saying her that several of us had wanted her to be in chat and she was going to have to join us one night. Once she asked me to not mention her name again, and I was aware of her not wanting people to know, I apologized.
I just really didn't think it would develop into such a big deal. It was an innocent conversation, the request was stated politely, no one was mad, hurt, angry or upset over the issue. I just think it has been blown way out of proportion when people are suddenly worried and scared about what might or might not have been revealed from chat, because I accidentally said someones name and I told them what I did. I told on myself, I didn't tell on anyone else. I didn't reveal any conversation, I revealed a name.

July 5th, 2007, 12:21 PM
~Faith~
I started the two threads last night within a few minutes of each other. When Jess wanted to know what was going on, I re-directed her to that thread because the last post (at the time) told the whole story. I suppose I could have combined the two, just didn't think about it at the time.
July 5th, 2007, 12:46 PM
~Faith~
I typed up 3 different responses and each one, no matter how I would have worded it would have been shredded. So, I just really have no politically correct answer for you. If I type what I really feel, I'll be blasted and if I type what you all want to hear, I'll be the roll over wimp that I'm not.
July 5th, 2007, 01:22 PM
~Faith~
That was a great novel you just posted. It must be the cold meds I'm on because my head is spinning. For the record, I do remember now, you saying to use an alias when referring to you on here, but silly me cannot remember it. I'm pretty horrible with names at first but when I was cleaning out my email a few days before the chat, I saw your name. Guess that's why it stuck in my head. Sorry you are upset, offended or whatever emotions you are feeling at this moment. Peace out!
Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search