Answer fast!!

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Veteran
I'm going in the morning to get a new convertible carseat for my kiddo. I LOATHE the one we have, one by Safety 1st. I hate everything about it. It wobbles no matter what we do and I just absolutely hate it..

SO I've been trying to research safe seats and such--but the only thing I can come up with is that the Britax Roundabout seems to be the top rated, safety--and otherwise.. I feel like I should get it, but I hate to pay $230 for a seat that only goes to 40 lbs when my daughter is 25!

So I want to know---about how old is a child when they become 40 lbs? Will this last until she's 3-4 at least?

Any recommendations? I can't find many good resources online about the safety of different seats.. I really really like that this Britax one has side impact foam, something none of the others I see have..

What do you think?
What are some other good seats?

And are there actual booster seats that could hold her at this age(21 months) and 25 lbs? If so, what are some good ones?

Thanks guys!! Fast answers would be appreciated.
July 6th, 2007, 09:52 PM
mommyKathyX3
http://www99.epinions.com/content_261928619652

Check out this seat. Its pretty new and the two ladies I know who work for the car seat safety councel thingy said that after the britax, its the next best, and is like a hundred dollars less, and goes to 55 lbs FF. I'm getting one when we get the money for our next seat, and there are really good reviews. Good luck in whatever you decide!
July 6th, 2007, 09:54 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the Britax regent that goes up to 80 lbs. It's also the only 5-pt restraint that can be worn up to 80 lbs. With most seats, children have to transition to a regular booster & seat belt once they hit 40 lbs. The Regent is HUGE though, so I wouldn't recommend it if you have a very small car. It was around $280.

ETA: Zack will be 4 this month and he still isn't 40 lbs. He's around 37-38 lbs.

July 7th, 2007, 12:34 AM
mommyKathyX3
Quote:
I have the Britax regent that goes up to 80 lbs. It's also the only 5-pt restraint that can be worn past 40 lbs. Normally, children have to transition to a regular booster & seat belt once they hit 40 lbs. The Regent is HUGE though, so I wouldn't recommend it if you have a very small car. It was around $280.

ETA: Zack will be 4 this month and he still isn't 40 lbs. He's around 37-38 lbs.[/b]
Actually It USED to be the only 5 pt harness that goes past 40 lbs until the Fisher Price Voyager Convertable came out. It goes to 55 lbs (see my above post) Its new though, and many people dong know it exists yet.
July 7th, 2007, 06:05 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
We have the Britax Marathon, I love this carseat. You can use the 5pt harness up until 65lbs, which is also the weight limit for the seat, I think. It's *really* comfortable, too.
July 7th, 2007, 07:20 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
I have the Britax regent that goes up to 80 lbs. It's also the only 5-pt restraint that can be worn past 40 lbs. Normally, children have to transition to a regular booster & seat belt once they hit 40 lbs. The Regent is HUGE though, so I wouldn't recommend it if you have a very small car. It was around $280.

ETA: Zack will be 4 this month and he still isn't 40 lbs. He's around 37-38 lbs.[/b]
Actually It USED to be the only 5 pt harness that goes past 40 lbs until the Fisher Price Voyager Convertable came out. It goes to 55 lbs (see my above post) Its new though, and many people dong know it exists yet.
[/b]
Thanks for re-posting! We were posting at the same time and I didn't even see your post. I edited my original post to correct the misinformation.

July 7th, 2007, 08:14 AM
donomama
DItto to Courtney on the Marathon. We have it for Avery and I LOVE it - she does too. We're about to buy one for Donovan as well. Like Courtney said, it holds up to 65 pounds, and even though Avery is a big kid, I imagine she'll be able to be in it for several years. She is almost 4 1/2 and she already weighs over 40 pounds, so I'm glad that we didn't get the Roundabout for her because I'm much more comfortable with her being in a 5 point harness than a booster seat.
July 7th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haley hit 40lbs right around age 4 but she's always been tall for her age.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search