Huge Vent

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2007, 03:49 PM
*Aspen*
Is this the worst week EVER for me or what?!?!?!?!?!?!? This is cross posted so for a little background: my arm was wacky a few weeks ago and I had to get it fixed, the dr. was really nice and he ended up not charging me for the shot I had to get since I don't have insurance...I *thought* I paid everything in full except the x-rays while I was at the Dr.'s that week....I guess not!!!

Anywho, thanks for letting me vent ladies, it's just been a rough week....

I just got about 1000 dollars worth of medical bills in the mail TODAY for my STUPID FREAKING ARM. I'm SO ANGRY!!!!!!!! It's no ones fault, it's just the way things are when you don't have insurance. I just don't get it though...why does life have to be like this?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!? We JUST paid off our bad credit medical bills and then we get MORE?????? And Josh's face STILL isn't fixed so now he is going to the Dr.'s and that is going to cost a FEW THOUSAND dollars I'm sure because he IS going to need surgery no doubt. Oh, and the quack dentist who ##### up his face in the first place just sent us a bill when WE WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE CHARGED FOR IT!! That is 255....NOT included in MY medical bills.

I just feel so defeated in life right now. Someone out there hates us. It never fails, NEVER EVER FAILS, things start getting good, we start getting on track, things start getting better and we start getting ahead and then we have to take 3 steps back. We haven't gotten anywhere in life, no where. I'm so angry. I want another child and we can't because we have to get on our feet financially but it's NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN because we are ALWAYS getting screwed over.

I just want to crawl in a hole right now. Any words of wisdom? Seriously, I'm just so dumbfounded right now that I'm more shocked than anything......literally, EVERY time something good happens, something MORE bad happens to take it away. Every freaking time, EVERY TIME.

Like, I got $100 in birthday money and Josh yelled at me saying "SPEND THAT MONEY ON YOU!" because I never treat myself. I was like "ok fine I'll go to the pagan shop and buy all the stuff I've always wanted" (well, all the little things ya know?). NOPE, not anymore..... that money is going to buy Kailey's 1st Year photos and the money I made on-line (work online for a few bucks) is going to pay for her birthday cake so that all the money in our checking can go to help pay for these crap med. bills.

We can't afford to make a big chunk in each one, even if we paid 10 dollars to each place it would be $100 dollars a month and we can't afford an extra bill right now. *SIGH* *SLAMS HEAD INTO WALL* I'm going to head over to the financial board and get some advice on the quickest way to get rid of these bills.

We got a loan, and with that loan we bought a car since ours broke, don't know if you all remember that post... And we put some of that money in a new bank account to pay for our motorcycle payments that should last over a year since we don't have the money to make those payments without stressing out every month. We *COULD* use that money to pay off all of our NOW medical bills, but then we'd have the motorcycle payment back....and then we'll still end up with more med. bills after Josh's face gets fixed.
July 10th, 2007, 06:45 PM
donomama
Oh, girl!!! I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Heading over to the financial board is a great idea - those girls are amazing!
July 10th, 2007, 07:40 PM
~Faith~
I hope things get better for you and quickly. I've been there. When we were first married, we had no insurance and it seemed anything that could go wrong that year, went wrong. I had a miscarriage, had to be hospitalized for a D & C (result of miscarriage), got a severe case of Mono, had to be hospitalized for spleen enlargement and liver failure, got pregnant again, had Sydney, had emergency gallbladder removal oye! We basically told the hospital we could afford a $10/month payment. After making our payments for a year straight, they ended up writing off our bill (better for them tax wise). Maybe talk to the billing department? They asked to see what we could afford and $10 was literally all we had each month to pay them.
Anyway, I'll be thinking of you, I really hope it gets better, I know it can seem do disheartening.
July 10th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Ms.Michelle

Holly freaking cow.. I just don't understand why the US refuses universal health care. My heart bleeds for you guys. I just watched Sicko and they are so right.. They defeat you, keep you down and give you no way out. I can't understand it. In the meantime, can you just move to Canada?
July 10th, 2007, 09:47 PM
kadydid
I have so been there, and I am so sorry you are there now! It will get better, hopefully sooner rather than later...
July 11th, 2007, 06:13 AM
*Aspen*
Thank you all!!

Quote:
I hope things get better for you and quickly. I've been there. When we were first married, we had no insurance and it seemed anything that could go wrong that year, went wrong. I had a miscarriage, had to be hospitalized for a D & C (result of miscarriage), got a severe case of Mono, had to be hospitalized for spleen enlargement and liver failure, got pregnant again, had Sydney, had emergency gallbladder removal oye! We basically told the hospital we could afford a $10/month payment. After making our payments for a year straight, they ended up writing off our bill (better for them tax wise). Maybe talk to the billing department? They asked to see what we could afford and $10 was literally all we had each month to pay them.
Anyway, I'll be thinking of you, I really hope it gets better, I know it can seem do disheartening.[/b]
WOWZERS! You had a lot of stuff done!!! We had insurance when I was pregnant....WONDERFUL insurance, we didn't have to pay anything ever, it was looooooooooovely....but they found out dh wanted to go to school for a different career and they fired him. They didn't feel like wasting their time having him work for them if he wasn't going to work there for a career. So they fired him when I was 8mths pregnant and it's just been downhill since. With his new job we can't afford healthcare and it's crappy healthcare anyway

Quote:

Holly freaking cow.. I just don't understand why the US refuses universal health care. My heart bleeds for you guys. I just watched Sicko and they are so right.. They defeat you, keep you down and give you no way out. I can't understand it. In the meantime, can you just move to Canada?[/b]
Josh and I HONESTLY considered moving to Canada when I was pregnant, he still wants to move there. If I wasn't so close to my family, I'd move in a heartbeat...but I can't leave my niece and sister

My sister works at the hospital that charged me and she looked through the bills this morning. Apparently, some of them were statements from what I had paid. LOL! So.....it knocks it down to 400-500 in bills. Better, but Josh just left for the Dr.'s so we'll see what they say I'm NOT looking forward to finding out how much they are going to charge *sigh*.
July 11th, 2007, 09:30 AM
chloe82
Quote:

Holly freaking cow.. I just don't understand why the US refuses universal health care. My heart bleeds for you guys. I just watched Sicko and they are so right.. They defeat you, keep you down and give you no way out. I can't understand it. In the meantime, can you just move to Canada?[/b]
ITA, I am so sorry for what you guys are going through! How stressful! I'm sorry I have no advice just hang in there!!! I really hope things start to turn around for you guys soon!!
July 11th, 2007, 01:10 PM
*Aspen*
Well, dh only had to pay 50 dollars or so at the Dr.'s....but he's going to "have" to go see a PLASTIC SURGEON due to the scarring on his face I don't know if he is going to want to have it fixed, as we don't know how it's going to look after it's healed. I don't think he needs it fixed even if it is scarred......I think he's still hot shizzle. LOL!!! But, if he feels some type of set-back due to the way he looks then I'll fully support him wanting to get some P.S. done on his face.
July 11th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know the feeling, were in the same boat. One good thing happens ten bad things follow. We live paycheck to paycheck, and it sux. Just holding onto hope that one day things will be better, and it can't get much worse <I hope>
July 11th, 2007, 08:38 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. I know exactly how you feel. Medical bills suck. I went 3 years with no insurance. We are barely keeping our heads above water. I keep telling myself that it will get better. We are paying as much as we can on whatever we can.

Fight the bills if you can. A lot of times hospitals and all will charge for things you never got. ALWAYS request an itemized bill.

July 12th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Tofu Bacon
Have you taked to the hospital about getting the bill reduced because of financial hardship? A lot of hospitals will do this, especially if you have other outstanding medical bills. When I was in college I had a severe reaction to a tetanus shot; between the initial ER visit and nearly a year's worth of medical expenses resulting from my deteriorating health (I had no insurance) I had a lot of medical debt stemming from that one *$%# shot. I called the hospital in tears because the bills were so high, and was able to get them to reduce the majority of the bill and they set up a payment plan of $20/month until it was all paid off.

The hospitals have so many people stiffing them for medical expenses that they are usually more than happy to work with the people who are trying to pay it back.
July 12th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Dayna1
Yes definetly tell the hospital you can't pay it. I did and they wiped $1600!! I still owed the doctors and stuff of course, but the hospital bill is gone. Its worth a shot.

I'm sorry everything is going really crappy for you right now...did the girls over at the financial board help any?

And sorry, o/t but what happened to your boyfriends face? If you don't mind explaining.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search