I'm soooo nervous...

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2007, 07:57 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
On Friday I have to drive into the middle of Baltimore by myself, at 9 in the flippin' morning (can you say traffic?), for Julia to have an upper GI done - which I wasn't looking forward to ANYWAY, but I thought DH would at least be there to take over if I started crying too hard lol It's really not that bad of a procedure, just a barium swallow and then some Xrays, but you KNOW she's going to be freaking out. And now Dh can't go, because he has that thing where he has to stay at his company headquarters all night on Thursday until 9 or 10am on Friday and "keep watch" ( I hate the Army).

I'm just so so so so nervous! I've been to Baltimore with DH like, 5 or 6 times for various appointments of DD's, but even HE'S gotten lost every time on the way home, and DH is the most fantastic map reader on the face of the planet! I still kind of get lost on base if I venture too far away from the commissary! And I can't really reschedule, because everyone's waiting on the results (Early Intervention, her ped., plus we have a ped. appointment the following Tuesday to discuss it).
July 11th, 2007, 08:22 AM
kadydid
I get really nervous too in situations like this. I hate driving in places I am not too familiar with.

I would go early, you can always get a coffee when you get there if you get there too early. Bring a cell phone!! Good Luck!!!!

July 11th, 2007, 08:43 AM
~Faith~
Do the Google Map directions work well for a large city like Baltimore? I always use that when I'm going somewhere new. Hope her appointment goes well and that you get there in record time.
July 11th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am the SAME way with new places, especially "big city" traffic! Leave as early as possible and, if you can (I'm not sure how close you live), try to drive the route before the actual appt. so you won't get lost. I always try to drive places a day or two before if it's an especially important appt./meeting and I am able to.

ETA: Also have the Dr's offices # with you. 1.) You can call them for directions if you get lost. 2.) It's amazing how understanding people are when you call ahead (slightly frantic and frightened) saying you are going to be late because you are lost! People feel sorry for you and that way they know you weren't late just because you aren't respectful of their time.
July 11th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Ms.Michelle
Fantastic suggestions ladies!

Court, I wish we could be there with you.. If you could bring a friend, that would help so much.

July 11th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks guys!! I don't think I'll be able to drive there ahead of time. DH had to take the car today and yesterday because it's been raining and he didn't want to take the motorcycle; and then tomorrow Jules has speech therapy smack in the middle of the afternoon, and then Friday's the appointment. I've been to the general area a few times, we're going to the hospital for the procedure and there's another building close to the hospital where she goes for her regular appointments. Trying to get out of Baltimore is ridiculously tricky, the signs say one thing and the actual way to go is another lol
July 11th, 2007, 01:12 PM
*Aspen*
I wish you the best of luck with everything!!!
July 12th, 2007, 05:16 AM
I rescheduled it for Monday at 2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search