He didn't actually propose

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am married, but my dh never proposed to me. We talked about getting married. He bought me a ring. And then one day we were sitting around and he slipped it on my finger. And a few weeks later we got married.

I am just kind of regretting that he didn't ask me. He didn't get down on one knee and tell me how much he loved me or wanted to be with me or anything. He didn't wait for some special moment like a sunset or a candlelight dinner or a hockey game. I think he should have done something. I wish I had a better proposal story, thankfully no one asked me how he proposed.

I really don't know why I am posting this. Probably because he's not home, and it has bugged me for some time now. Although what to do about it I don't know.

July 12th, 2007, 08:54 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Oh sweetie that stinks that you don't have some wonderfully romantic story to tell. Truthfully, though I think more women have stories similar to your rather than proposals that are grand and romantic. The end result it still the same. You are married to the man you love and he loves you in return. Sure the romantic proposal is nice but now you have the rest of you lives to be romantic together. Some guys just have trouble with that mushy stuff. Give him some gentle guidance or some not so gentle guidance if he doesn't get the hint.

July 13th, 2007, 07:50 AM
*Aspen*
Explain to him how you feel....perhaps for a future anniversary he will surprise you? **hugs**
July 13th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
I am married, but my dh never proposed to me. We talked about getting married. He bought me a ring. And then one day we were sitting around and he slipped it on my finger. And a few weeks later we got married.

I am just kind of regretting that he didn't ask me. He didn't get down on one knee and tell me how much he loved me or wanted to be with me or anything. He didn't wait for some special moment like a sunset or a candlelight dinner or a hockey game. I think he should have done something. I wish I had a better proposal story, thankfully no one asked me how he proposed.

I really don't know why I am posting this. Probably because he's not home, and it has bugged me for some time now. Although what to do about it I don't know.[/b]
It's good to get it off your chest if it's bugging you girl.

Dh and I don't have some romantice moment really.. We were just laying around on our 1st year living together anniversary and he looked at me and said "we should get married." So we just planned it for the next month because it was our three year anniversary of when we started dating. We just started planning it from there without family. It really is just our way though. The anniversary we have is based off our first kiss, not because he said "will you go out with me?" like all our lameo friends did. We just knew we were boyfriend and girlfriend from that point. To me the "proposal" is just the extention of our personalities. Nothing big and officical. But it doesn't work for everyone.
July 13th, 2007, 01:05 PM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to EmilysMommy04
Oh hunny yours was much better then my best friends. Her boyfriend came downstairs threw the ring to her and said f***ing marry me B**ch now that was messed up. She said yes. I asked are you stupid you deserve better then that.

July 13th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
It was a proposal, just a quiet, personal one. I think it speaks volumes of your closeness, since there was never a question of your answer or a need for anything official.[/b]
I really never though of it that way, I liked what you wrote here.

Quote:
Oh hunny yours was much better then my best friends. Her boyfriend came downstairs threw the ring to her and said f***ing marry me B**ch now that was messed up. She said yes.[/b]
Wow, that is awful.

July 13th, 2007, 01:37 PM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to EmilysMommy04
Quote:
Quote:
It was a proposal, just a quiet, personal one. I think it speaks volumes of your closeness, since there was never a question of your answer or a need for anything official.[/b]
I really never though of it that way, I liked what you wrote here.

Quote:
Oh hunny yours was much better then my best friends. Her boyfriend came downstairs threw the ring to her and said f***ing marry me B**ch now that was messed up. She said yes.[/b]
Wow, that is awful.
[/b]

Yeah I told her not to. I said make him respect you. Not treat you like a POS. But then again i love her to death but she is so blind. she put key logger on her computer to see if he was cheating . He is cheating but she wants more proof i said do u need to catch them in bed 2 gether. grrrr is all i can say sorry about my rant but she deserves better.

July 13th, 2007, 03:13 PM
LaceyMommy2B
meh, my hubby tossed me a box on Christmas Eve, then went to rip open the Xbox i had bought him. about 10 min later, once the xbox was fully assembled, he turned around for a BRIEF second and said "well?" i said "well its pretty, and it fits..but.." like 2hrs later, once i pried him away from Halo2 and we had been to my moms and i showed the ring.. and everyone said "OHHH whats the ring mean??" i said.. "i guess NOTHING!" then we went to the truck to leave and he said "so it means nothing?" i said "i guess not, since thats what you said when you threw it at me"..then he asked me..nope no good, i was already wearing the ring! so i took it off and made him ask me again and put the ring on my finger.. while sitting in his smelly work truck.. so reallll romantic.

oh and FTR: i didnt get ripped off, the ring wasnt my Christmas present, he had already spent like $1500 on me and said he just didnt want to wait any longer since he'd been hiding the ring for months already! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search