Your Children's Name

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2007, 10:09 PM
*Aspen*
Quote:
Edward Gavyn- DH has a tradition where each first son's first name is Edward, with the middle initial G. DH is Edward Geoffrey

Colton Wade- We liked Colton, and Wade is my dads middle name.

Connor Ian- just liked it!

Kaiden Bear- There is a guy on the discovery channel whose name is Bear. DH LOVED it and kept saying he wanted to name the baby that. I was CERTAIN it was a girl, so to shut him up I finally said that if it was a boy that could be his middle name. Oops! But it kinda grew on me, and I couldn't think of anything else anyway.[/b]
Don't you just loooooooooove the "G-Off" you get with that? My stepdads name is Geoffrey and it's soooo annoying when ppl say that instead of "Jeff".

Why do I have the feeling now you are going to say that your dh's name is SUPPOSED to be pronounced G-Off? LOL!!!
July 19th, 2007, 05:58 AM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With Emilee, we just thought about names in our families. DH's name was going to be Emily if he had been a girl, and I've always liked the name. We were going to change the name to Amelie, to celebrate my family's heritage (French), but none of Dh's southern relatives could pronounce it correctly, so we changed it to Emilee. Her middle name is also my middle name (Rose), which is my great-grandmother's middle name.

For this baby, it took us FOREVER to find a name that we both agreed on. This baby has been Seamus Patrick, Ryan Patrick, Ryan Lucas, Sebastian Lucas, and finally, Christian Luke. It took us forever to agree on a name, but we basically just went through baby name books and wrote down the names we liked. Finally we came to an agreement, and I'm definitely happy about that.

July 19th, 2007, 06:15 AM
*Aspen*
Quote:
With Emilee, we just thought about names in our families. DH's name was going to be Emily if he had been a girl, and I've always liked the name. We were going to change the name to Amelie, to celebrate my family's heritage (French), but none of Dh's southern relatives could pronounce it correctly, so we changed it to Emilee. Her middle name is also my middle name (Rose), which is my great-grandmother's middle name.

For this baby, it took us FOREVER to find a name that we both agreed on. This baby has been Seamus Patrick, Ryan Patrick, Ryan Lucas, Sebastian Lucas, and finally, Christian Luke. It took us forever to agree on a name, but we basically just went through baby name books and wrote down the names we liked. Finally we came to an agreement, and I'm definitely happy about that.[/b]
When I was pregnant with Kailey I thought she was a boy and we were gonna name him Luke Michael. Now for out next child (for boy) his name will be Christian Micheal...funny how your boys' name is Christian Luke. LOL!!
July 19th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Gwen's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Gwen Send a message via MSN to Gwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gwen
Emily Rose... I had picked Sarah Elizabeth and Emily...and I let my mom pick the middle name for that one..she picked Rose...I am thinking for my great grandmother Rosella-though she said she just liked the name... and I decided I'd pick when she was born and I would just know what was right...She looked like an Emily..so Emily she is...her name means To Strive Or Excel Or Rival...origin=English and Rose just means the flower and also has an Englush origin. I picked no boys names at all..even though the drs said boy.

Christopher Ryan I picked his name right off the bat...it just flew in my head and there it stuck...I did oplay around with whether to put Ryan or Christopher first...but I the other way felt right...I guess because of Christopher Robin from Winnie the Pooh...lol as for name meanings I really did not pick his first name for it's meaning..I just liked the name and how it sounded...his first name means christ-bearer-origin=greek and his middle name means king-origin=Celtic/Gaelic-his midle name DID get picked for those reasons I picked no girls names during this pregnancy.

Selena Rene'
I went through a lot of names...Ryleigh, Isabella...and I wanted Isabella...my mom said Selena..I looked it up and it meant moon...and me being me I said okay...perfect...it's origin is Spanish... Rene' came from me tocing I had started a trend with my kids...Rose,Ryan..you see it? 4 letters starts with R..so I picked Rene', which means reborn and has a french origin...I thought it sounded very nice together and the meanings worked well together as well...She still gets called Bella though as a nick name.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Gwen
Mom to Emily, Chris and Selena
August 6th, 2007, 05:29 AM
jodi16ss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Catherine Isabella - she was named after my mother and great-grandmother (Catherine) and we just liked the way that Isabella sounded with it. We call her Bella, since Ds (4) nicknamed her that while she was in utero, but while nursing or during sweet mama-baby moments, I still whisper "Isabella" to her, because that was the name I had chosen for her.

Jackson Tell - Dh was originally from Jackson, KY and we both really liked the name. Tell is Dh's middle name and I loved how original it was.

Proud Mommy to Jackson (5/1/03) & Isabella (6/16/06)
December 31st, 2007, 03:31 PM
Dylan Lukas..... my dh and I BOTH had "dylan" picked out before we ever got married. So that was kinda neat that we both had the same name on our "lists." Lukas was just because I liked it.

Aidan James..... this one is a long story kind of. Aidan was supposed to be either "Charlie/Charles" or "Logan" and we couldn't agree on one. I told my dh that when he was born he could pick between the two. Well, when he was born we both looked at him and thought "NEITHER!" and I just cried and cried thinking about how my baby was nameless! Earlier that morning on the way to the hospital the name AIDAN literally just popped into my head and I remember thinking "that's weird" since I thought we had two solid choices already. So, when we couldn't pick between our two choices I said "what about Aidan?" and my dh said "sounds good" and then I said "Aidan James?" and dh said "sounds good."

Owen Isaac.... at this point my list of boys names that fit my criteria were dwindling and a friend suggested Owen and I loved it immediately. She was "in the know" for my criteria. I always knew that the middle name would be ISAAC if it was another boy. ISAAC means "laughter" and I knew that if I was having another boy my only reaction would be pure laughter, and it was. I laughed so hard when they showed him on the u/s. I just KNEW I'd have all boys. So, ISAAC was a fitting middle name.

With all the boys I was big on the origins and meanings. I LOVE welsh, irish, and celtic names and the meaning had to be a good one, not something meaningless like mine (Brandy: an after dinnner drink ). The middle names all had to be biblical too, just because.

It's good that we never had girls b/c we could NEVER EVER agree on a girl name, not even once.
January 1st, 2008, 01:12 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Not that anyone cares, but DH and I are sure that in 6 years when we TTC another kid, if it's a boy, his name will be Alexandr. Yes, "R" and no "E". Russian thing. We'll be screwed if we have another girl, because we don't know any other Russian girls names that we like! lol
January 4th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
my daughters name is Gabrielle Jayda-Lee

Gabrielle ~ LOL sadly I chose this because of Desperate Housewives! Gaby's Dad wouldn't agree with any of the names I had on my list, so one night I started naming actors/characters from TV... we had a 'maybe' for Angelina, and then I said Gaby/Gabrielle & that was it! Decided!

Jayda ~ Jayda is in memory of my first angel - Jayden

Lee ~ because Gaby has my surname, I wanted her to have part of her Dad's name - and Lee is his surname....

April 15th, 2008, 05:20 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
we picked raleigh because its the only name we agreed on and if i had it my way her name would have been harlee but my boyfriend wasnt goin for that.

her middle name is jordan and i let BF pick out whatever name he wanted and thats what he picked..raleigh jordan just sounds right together.
September 4th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't remember.

I've had Jayden Elizabeth picked out since the 7th grade lmao!

November 17th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
I just found them and I just knew that was the one.

November 18th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Every name i thought of began with a J untill I decided on Joshua, Richard (hid middle name) was after my Uncle who died in 2000 but was like a Dad to me when I was younger.
Mummy to 2 boys expecting #3.

November 19th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Mummy2R
I have 2 children, Ruben we called Ruben coz of Ruben "Hurricane" Carter - he was a Boxer who was accused of murder and imprisioned for this - he was falsly accused and keep his dignity and integrity and was released. So we gave our son his name and hope he was grow up to be a stong willed man and a man of honour and integrity.

My daugher, Blue Grace, we chose Blue because my SO was laying on the bed one day and the sun was shining through his bedroom window and it was such a lovely day and he thought that is it I want to call my daughter.
November 19th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Theo's Avatar Fall Down, Go Boom
Remi Alexander was named for a few reasons: first, Remi is a name from my favourite childhood book, and I always knew I wanted to name my son this if I ever had one. Second, my mother and grandparents on that side are French, and I wanted at least one of his names to be French, as with my daughter. Alexander is after my favourite cousin who's also his godfather. It's a family name on my father's side.

Saoirse Geneve: DH was raised in Ireland, so he of course wanted an Irish name; I'd chosen Remi's name, so I told him I'd be fine with whatever he picked, as long as it was tolerable . Saoirse means "freedom" in Irish, and it was actually my favourite of his picks, so Saoirse she became. It grows on me more and more each day - fits her perfectly!
One of my favourite girls' name is Genevieve, but it didn't flow with Saoirse very well, so we went with Geneve.
November 29th, 2008, 06:32 PM
t.a.r.y.n.'s Avatar Super Mommy
I don't remember when I started liking the name Madeleine but it was one of my top picks. I chose that spelling because it is the original spelling and it's French (I am of French heritage). I also thought about Rebekkah but my mom asked me not to name her that because she knew one and didn't like her lol!! We changed her middle name from Bella or Belle (we hadn't decided) to Isabelle about a month or less before she was born. There really was no deep meaning behind her name, it's just one that we both really liked and I can't imagine her having another name.

Thanks to claire1979 for my adorable siggy!

December 7th, 2008, 10:43 AM
SugarNSpice's Avatar VBAC Mommy!!!
Send a message via MSN to SugarNSpice Send a message via Yahoo to SugarNSpice
I didn't choose my kids' names based on any special meanings or because of family or anything like that. I simply chose them because I liked the names.

My first daughter is Jillian Brielle. Jillian was the name of one of the players on MTV's "Road Rules". I was watching that series around the time I found out I was pregnant with her and instantly loved that name. I was SO sure it was going to be a girl, and DH liked the name too...so we decided on Jillian. And Brielle....I thought I just made it up, but later on found it in a baby name book. I still don't hear it much and it's so pretty that I almost wish now that I had picked a different middle name for her and used Brielle as a first name for our next baby. It's too pretty to use as just a middle name.
But her name, even though I didn't choose it for the meaning, means "Youthful Exalted Goddess"

My second daughter is Addison Brianna. I really liked the name Addison after I became a fan of Grey's Anatomy. I THOUGHT it was pretty un-popular and seeing as how I like un-common names, I thought it would be a good name for her. It took us a long time to decide for sure. I was battling between Addison and Sydnee for a long time. Finally we decided on Addison. And for her middle name, Brianna, DH picked that. He really liked it and I thought it was cute that they would both have middle names that started w/ "Bri..." so we settled on that.
I couldn't find a meaning for her first name, but her middle name means "Strong One".

Our next child, if it's a girl, I am almost certain her name will be Sydnee Leah. Sydnee is a name I've always loved, and Leah has really grown on me in the past year or so. Plus, my sister's middle name is LeighAnne, so Leah would kind of be after her....the first time I've ever really based a name on a family member. I also like Sydney Anna, but since Addison's middle name is BRIanna, we probably won't do that.

And if our next is a boy.....I have NO idea. Addison, if she had been a boy, would have been Preston. But I'm not sure how I feel about that name now. So....I don't know. I'm not good w/ boy names.

December 21st, 2008, 07:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When we had my DD we wanted Irish names, which is where mine and my DD's father (my ex) ancestors (or even just grandparents) are from. So we went with Kiera (she was going to be Kieran if she was a boy). If/when I have more children, I want biblical names. I would love Eden for a girl, and Silas for a boy.
January 7th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyInWaiting Send a message via MSN to LadyInWaiting
Haha I love reading this!

Eleanor =1967 GT500 Fast back from gone in sixty seconds

Rose: Bible, and my grandmother alwways told me to think a white rose and any pain I had would disappear. so Eleanor Rose

And Silas= The show weeds and bible
Alexander - DH's first name

Silas Alexander

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search