Getting to know you guys.....

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What do you consider your talents to be?

What talents do you wish you had or what do you want to be better at?

I am a pretty good photographer. I wish I were a better writer and I wish I could sing. But, if I had to choose between those last two, I would choose being a better writer.
July 17th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I took 18 years of dance, but I am naturally good at it. I can find the beat easily and can pick up styles and choreography easily. I think the show So You Think You Can Dance is the best show since Leave it to Beaver

I however cannot sing or play an instrument and it bugs me! I can find a beat, but am fearful I can't play music!

July 17th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can sing wonderfully and play a couple of intruments. (piano, saxophone, recorder, mandolin-well still learning that one) I've been in numerous musical groups and honor choirs. During high school, swing choir (music combined with choreography) was my favorite activity. I miss it. I'm also a pretty good writer.

I wish I was a better artist. I've always been in awe of people that can sit down in front of a blank canvas, or even piece of paper, and create something beautiful.

July 17th, 2007, 10:37 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I'm a singer; I've performed in groups for years, and have done performances in one of Canada's largest concert halls, as well as for the World Track & Field Games in 2000 and just recently to open up a Cardinal's baseball game. I'm not superstar quality, but I'm a real solid choral leader. I'm also a web designer & developer of moderate talent, I've done a few contracts for real live $$$ but am having a heck of a time getting myself established.

I wish I could draw. I mutilate stick figures

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
July 17th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Tofu Bacon
My only talent is that I know almost every zip code in the United States. My wish is for a useful talent
July 17th, 2007, 11:03 AM
donomama
My talent is that I'm a pretty good seamstress. I design my own patterns a lot of the time and love doing it. Plus, it pays pretty well when I sew for other people.

I wish that I had more talent in the organization department. I'm begging Faith for lessons.
July 17th, 2007, 11:26 AM
~Faith~
Quote:
My talent is that I'm a pretty good seamstress. I design my own patterns a lot of the time and love doing it. Plus, it pays pretty well when I sew for other people.

I wish that I had more talent in the organization department. I'm begging Faith for lessons.[/b]
We should swap talents! I do not want to spend a gagillion dollars on store bought drapes but alas, I cannot sew. I'm ashamed to admit that I cannot even properly sew on a button.

Corey! Your new siggy is hilarious!
July 17th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Tofu Bacon
Quote:
Corey! Your new siggy is hilarious![/b]
Us ho's gotta stick together
July 17th, 2007, 12:21 PM
*Aspen*
*yawn* I can read really fast...*yawn...how exciting. LOL!

What talents do you wish you had or what do you want to be better at?
I wish I could sing. Friends tell me I can, but I think they are just being nice. I wish I could belt out a tune and have it not hurt other ppl's ears (including my own...) LOL!!

July 17th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Tofu Bacon
Until this very moment, I never understood the meaning of the phrase "can't carry a tune in a bucket". I always wodered why anyone would stick their head in a bucket to sing (for the acoustics?), but for some reason, Aspen, your post just sparked something!
July 17th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
What do you consider your talents to be?[/b]
Umm... hmmm..

Quote:
What talents do you wish you had or what do you want to be better at?[/b]
I wish I had better self control!
July 17th, 2007, 06:55 PM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am jealous of the singers |

I can cross stitch and embroider. I made my sisters ketubah
July 17th, 2007, 07:20 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I consider my talents to be communication oriented: being articulate, writing well, editing well.

I wish I had more artistic talents, like singing or drawing. I sound like a dying cat when I sing, and I draw like a 5-year-old!

July 17th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would also love to be a better cook!
July 18th, 2007, 08:21 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

What talents do you wish you had or what do you want to be better at?[/b]

My talents... I am a good singer and dancer. I've sung and danced in show choirs for years (just locally, though). I'm also a decent writer (I didn't graduate with a B.A. in English for no reason!!), and want to do it professionally, but haven't yet found an outlet (especially one that works with DH's work schedule). I need to write more poetry. I used to write all the time, and won a few contests both in school and regionally, but it's definitely been a while (since college almost 4 years ago).

A talent I wish I was better at would be photography. I love taking pictures; I just don't think I'm the best. I think I need to sit down one day and play with my camera a bit and see what I can do with it.

July 18th, 2007, 11:57 PM
irishxrose
Um... for my talents... I can read extremely fast. I finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in less than seven hours when I first bought it. I can draw and paint, although lately I haven't been able to... no time, and no money for materials. I also write poetry.

I wish I could sing better. I think I have a good voice, but I think it could be better.
July 19th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Gwen's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Gwen Send a message via MSN to Gwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gwen
I am also a fast reader, but I don't know if that is really a talent...lol...I can cook really well.
What do I wish I could do? Find the secret to safe rapid weight loss LOL because that would bring me money and would fulfil my greatest wish-to not be broke...plus I'd not be so fluffy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Gwen
Mom to Emily, Chris and Selena

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search