Bathing babies

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2007, 11:23 PM
chlodoll
I dont think its a problem! I dont usually bathe DS that often either. He hates the bath! If he has a really dirty day I will bathe accordingly but otherwise I dont go nuts with it. I think its totally cool if people want to do it everyday, whatever their routine is but I dont think they really get that dirty! I know when I was a kid I only had a bath like once a week!
July 19th, 2007, 04:48 AM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Unless you're outside all the time and he gets hot and sweaty, what reason is there to bathe him? I don't bathe Emilee too terribly often, but now that she has major hair, I have to bathe her just for the concern that she'd look unpresentable if we were to go out somewhere.

July 19th, 2007, 05:12 AM
*Aspen*
I bathe Kailey every 2-3 days, she's a very clean girl, she doesn't get dirty hardly ever. If I don't bathe her one every two days or so though she becomes a stinky girl so mommy takes her to bath time. LOL!

If a child has excema is it a good idea to bathe them everyday and then put lotion on them that is waterbased? (<---question about my niece)
July 19th, 2007, 05:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I usually bathe Emma every other day but, ironically, you are catching me at a bad time because she was due for a bath on Tuesday night and she still hasn't had one. Which means her last bath was on Sunday. I hope to give her one tonight. But, ever since she was a newborn, I do take a little of her soap and wash her hands every night and somtimes her face too. Those areas seem to collect the most germies.
July 19th, 2007, 05:25 AM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jesse gets a bath every day. He probably doesnt need one every day, but its part of bedtime routine. I dont think someone is a bad parent if they only bathe their child every 2-3 days. Every 2-3 weeks would be bad
July 19th, 2007, 07:17 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Julia often gets two bathes a day, but most definately at least one. Though, she has a skin disorder, so it's pretty much a "must" for us lol
July 19th, 2007, 09:17 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
When Eric was younger, he hated the bath, so we rarely bathed him. He wasn't crawling or running around, he wasn't getting dirty, and we spot cleaned the necessary spots. He pretty much got a good cleaning (bath or just a major wipe down and soap) once a week, and sometimes it went a couple of weeks. Like I said, though, we washed the important parts often as part of regular diaper changes, washed his hands, etc.

These days, he has one scheduled bath a week, and then a bath whenever he makes a horrid mess of himself (which is pretty often )

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
July 19th, 2007, 09:20 AM
*Aspen*
Kaileys breastmilk poos used to ruin at least 3 outfits a day and it wasn't rare that I would have to bathe her more than once a day. It was an ongoing joke with my bil "has kailey ruined any outfits yet today?" LOL!!! It would go up her back and stain everything. Shout doesn't get all the stains out.

It was so bad that I would automatically take her clothes off as soon as she woke up so that she didn't ruin anymore. I was tired of taking my kid out in public with poop stains on all her clothes. LOL!!
July 19th, 2007, 10:09 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
My last few babies had their bottoms washed regularly (obviously); hands and faces/neck washed maybe daily... they got a full bath once a week or less or whenever they had a blow-out.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search