Getting to know you again!

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What are some of your favorite TV shows? Past and present?

My all time favorite is "Friends." I own all 10 seasons and, yes, I actually watch them frequently. I love "Six Feet Under" but that's off the air too. I also love "The Office, "Scrubs" and "Little People, Big World." I am watching "America's Got Talent" this time around though. I also love TLC and Discovery channel too.
July 19th, 2007, 06:25 AM
*Aspen*
You read my mind, I was gonna do a "get to know you" thing when the girls go to sleep! LOL!!

I love Charmed. I watch a lot of Entertainment television....like the True Hollywood Storys. Dh and I watch cops and "real tv" where ppl act crazy and get hurt and Hot Pursuit. I watch a lot of VH1....no actual shows besides Charmed though. Oh, occassionally I'll watch Bringing Home Baby or A Baby Story, but not so much now that I've had Kailey.
July 19th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I used to watch "What not to wear" a lot. And I was a huge "Nip, Tuck" fan.

I still watch "Family Guy" every Sunday night and I watch "Friends" sometimes even though I've probably seen every episode by now.

July 19th, 2007, 09:19 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I was a big Seventh Heaven fan in their earlier years, not as much for the later seasons though I did watch. Gilmore Girls too. And I absolutely LOVED Firefly, it was way too short These days, I'm following Kyle XY and a lot of the Food Network shows - and I like some of the reality shows, Biggest Loser and Amazing Race being my two favorites.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
July 19th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
What are some of your favorite TV shows? Past and present?[/b]
Past ~ I used to be the biggest X-Files fanatic! I have tons of them on VHS. (They are just sitting in boxes now.) I used to watch ER and Friends religiously but then when Dr. Greene died, both seemed to become really lame. I barely watched the last two seasons of Friends with a chuckle.

Present ~ Well, lately (since Oprah is on re-runs) I've been watching Oh Baby, a show on Discovery Health about infant/toddler social developments.. It's just so wicket! Last night they showed using dolls that kids understand gender roles by the time they are 14 months! I just about crapped my pants right there. But I got that channel because of the Baby Whisperer. It's so subtle how we accidently form bad habits. After having Roxy and Mason with simple mess ups, I can't wait to see how hard bad habits will be to break when Samantha gets here!
July 19th, 2007, 10:10 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Past-- Jeopardy and ER were two shows I never missed.

Present-- we haven't owned a TV in about six years.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

July 19th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Gwen's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Gwen Send a message via MSN to Gwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gwen
Well, I love love love Brit coms...Are you being Served, Keeping up Appearances, the Vicar of Dibley,pretty much all of them. I love Charmed as well, E.R., We also watch a lot of wrestling here... Days of our lives, Passions is funny... Those are about all that are must sees

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Gwen
Mom to Emily, Chris and Selena
July 19th, 2007, 11:08 AM
~Faith~
In the fall/winter/some spring I watch Desperate Housewives (although I've been a bit disappointed since the first season), Law & Order SVU, Criminal Minds, Lost, Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy and House.
In the summer we watch LOTS of movies.

I used to watch E.R. as well but the night they killed Dr. Greene was my last episode. Sounds silly but I cried like it was a real person dying and I just couldn't watch it after that.
July 19th, 2007, 12:49 PM
irishxrose
Quote:
Friends, and ER are the longest running favorites. Also South Park if I'm in the mood, and Ghost Hunters. Jason is freakin hot for a bald plummer![/b]
I LOVE Ghost Hunters! I have all the seasons on DVD. And I agree, Jason is definetly hot for being a bald plummer!

Um... let's see... I love CSI, NCIS, Invader Zim, Numbers, Criminal Minds, and the Simpsons!
July 19th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Where are all the "LOST" fans?! We're also into One Tree Hill. There is other stuff we watch...but I don't care for it.

In the past, 7th Heaven. Whatever on TGIF [gosh that was like 7 years ago! but like Sabrina the teenage witch, boy meets world, and some other shows].
July 19th, 2007, 04:13 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I used to watch 7th Heaven when it first came out, I was in like middle school

Now, I like new Family Guy episodes, I've never missed an episode of Lil' Bush (hehe to the chagrin of my Republican husband), I looooooooooooove Scrubs but I'm sick of watching re-runs. OH, and DH and I have totally gotten into America's Got Talent EVEN THOUGH reality TV is awful lol We were sucked in the first day it was on, and now we can't stop watching!! We've got bets on who'll win (DH's is on that weird Arabic guy who doesn't dance very well lol).
July 19th, 2007, 04:15 PM
LaceyMommy2B
in the past, Friends, Scrubs, and Extreme Makeover
now, just Scubs.. its quite sad, my entire DVR is full of scrubs reruns and im ever so impatiently awaiting the new season. Thursday is my fave day of the week during the season! we also watch The Colbert Report and The Family Guy... i think thats it.. other than a few kiddie shows in the morning to entertain Gracey during the few seconds the TV keeps her eye.
July 19th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
Well, as a kid, my favorite show was Full House, obviously

As a teenager I loved Roswell and Friends.

My current faves are Entourage, Sex & the City re-runs (have seen every episode on DVD too), Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Heros, So You Think You Can Dance, Weeds, Big Love, America's Next Top Model, A Baby Story, anything on TLC (besides Little People Big World, lol!), Discovery Channel, and the History Channel.
July 19th, 2007, 09:06 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugly Betty, Project Runway, The Biggest Loser, Top Chef... just to name a few. I'm a big fan of reality TV.

July 20th, 2007, 04:54 AM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
MIchelle I used to be a huge xfiles fan too, until it started being really bad around season 5.

I like greys anatomy, how I met your mother. Thats the only current shows I really watch! We dont watch much tv we usually rent stuff from netflix or see whats on the food network after Jesse goes to bed

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search