Other debate or parenting boards?

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you go to any other debate boards or parenting boards besides this one?

I have looked at other boards but found them either too intellectual for me, or too rude. So I don't go to any others.

July 19th, 2007, 11:36 AM
*Aspen*
Quote:
Do you go to any other debate boards or parenting boards besides this one?

I have looked at other boards but found them either too intellectual for me, or too rude. So I don't go to any others.[/b]
I don't go to any other debate boards, like you said...they are either too intellectual or too rude. I love this place.

I go to one other parenting board, it's privately owned and there are only a handful of us that are regulars. It's a place to be lovey dovey but not necessarily speak your mind kwim?
July 19th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I go to multiple of both kinds. Some more private than others, some are larger than Jm. I prefer the ones that are more intellectual for debates

July 19th, 2007, 04:15 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I wish I could find another intellectual debate board (not that you guys aren't awesome!)! All the ones I've been to are really just rude.

I'm an admin on a military wives support site (or used to be, I just recently stepped down and now only take care of technical stuff, I don't have any time!), so obviously I go there. And I go on Facebook to keep up with my friends in Jersey...but other than that...JM it is! Oh, and an ichthyosis support board, but it isn't very active.
July 19th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Gwen's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Gwen Send a message via MSN to Gwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gwen
I go to a few..
one is a general mommy mommy board that is more lovey dovey and prvate...people I have known online for a long long time...Probably about 6 years
another is a board for moms of biracial children that I helped found but I only mod two boards on now...-it's gotten very censoring...and not so much fun, but I've known most of the ladies for 7 years online.
I go to the Ivillage Pagan/Wiccan Parenting board...
and I have my own board...but there's only a few of us right now..it's more of a specialty board where you can speak your mind and discuss issues that pertain to us.
and I just registered at a friend's board to check it out, though I am not sure I will fit there so I doubt I'll stay...
This is really the only Debate board I go to...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Gwen
Mom to Emily, Chris and Selena
July 19th, 2007, 08:05 PM
~Faith~
I go to one other board and participate. I sometimes go to another one to lurk but I don't post there (they are big meanies). LOL
July 19th, 2007, 08:55 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used to go to the forums on baby-gaga (where most of our preggo tickers come from!!), but there's a lot of drama there, and most of the girls posting are immature teenagers.

July 20th, 2007, 07:32 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I belong to quite a few boards. I'm still a part of the one I met Chris on. That one is an "anything goes, don't get your feelings hurt" type board. But we are all like a big family. I am Admin on a few military boards, and a member at a few others. I belong to a coupon board, and another "anything goes" board. And I belong to a few local boards.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search