Single Pregnant Teacher

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Wondering what all your opinions are on single pregnant teachers? Would you mind your child being taught by one? would you ask if you didn't know about her martial status? if you were in that position, how would you tell people in a politically correct way?
August 27th, 2005, 10:42 AM
LeosGirl's Avatar Regular
My thoughts on single parent teachers are: Its their business, what a woman does on her free time is none of my business, what I am to be concerned about is how she acts when she is in the presence of my child and her abilities to teach.

No I would not mind at all...this situation would not make her a bad person, a mean person or a unlikeable person. Remember, none of us are perfect.

No I would not ask, its like me asking you how old you are.....ITS RUDE.

If I were in her position, and someone asked me....I would tell them the truth and that would be all. And not go into detail about the hows, and whys and all that non sense.
August 27th, 2005, 01:23 PM
lovebug's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with above responce and if I did find out I'd ask if I could be of help to you after my child is done with her year with you!!

Nadya mom to Mya 7-1-00 GF to Lars <3
August 27th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no issue with it

August 27th, 2005, 06:49 PM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are their really people who make issues of stuff like this?

WHO CARES? Her peronal business has nothing to do with her job, as long as she is a good teacher she is alright with me.

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

August 27th, 2005, 08:15 PM
mrobinson
Two thumbs up brittanu! Could not have said it better!
August 28th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Super Mommy
Wow. As Brittanu said, is this actually an issue?

As long as they're a good teacher, they could be black, white, single, married, pregnant, barren, etc. Not to mention what a teacher does in their personal life has nothing to do with their life in the classroom.

In fact one of Clem's preschool teachers (from her 3 y/o class last year) is going to be a single mom (October DD), and her PG didn't affect anything. In fact, I don't even think (to my best knowledge) she missed a day -- which is more than I can say for myself because my MS has kept me on my butt several days!
Baby #3 on the way!</span></div>
October 20th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Carliegirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I might get involved if I found out the the teacher needed some extra help of some kind as a result of being a single parent, but other than that...being a parent is hard work that is to be applauded and encouraged. I don't see why you'd be suspicious or hard on anybody because of single parenthood.

Thanks so much for the lovely siggie Trish (mtdk454)!!!!
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTRLvVI/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

October 28th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My child's teacher's marital status in non of my business. Just like my marital status is non of hers.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
October 28th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I could care less what she does in her personal life. My only expectations of a teacher is that they are professional in the classroom, and are a good teacher.

October 28th, 2005, 02:56 PM
irishxrose
I could care less if she was single and pregnant, as long as she taught well.
November 7th, 2005, 12:13 PM
CBMS
Quote:
Originally posted by oldnewmommy@Aug 26 2005, 10:43 PM
Wondering what all your opinions are on single pregnant teachers?* Would you mind your child being taught by one?* would you ask if you didn't know about her martial status?* if you were in that position, how would you tell people in a politically correct way?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Personally, I'd say it's none of your d*** business if you did ask me! I had my first baby out of wedlock (by choice), and it was because I wanted a baby. You have no right to ask if she's married, if the pregnancy is planned or unplanned, or any of that. It's her life. She's over 18; she can decide what she's going to do (she'd be free to make THAT choice regarless of her age!!) As long as she isn't in class preaching to the girls and boys to be single parents, you have nothing to gripe about. JMHO.
December 31st, 2005, 03:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
my first thought was who cares I would never even have given it two thoughts!! What difference does it make......all I care about is that she is a good teacher

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search