What happend?

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2007, 07:19 PM
ahixon
Hey, what happend to the debate boards? Last time I was here there was a new page of topics every day, and now there is a new page of topics in almost a month. Where did all the people go?
August 23rd, 2007, 07:48 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They went elsewhere.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

August 23rd, 2007, 11:20 AM
~Faith~
Quote:
They went elsewhere.[/b]
August 23rd, 2007, 12:08 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

August 23rd, 2007, 01:10 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I just...don't care for debate at the moment. I'm so tired and out of it that I don't have the brain to debate these days. Cursed preggo brain!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
August 26th, 2007, 04:03 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I haven't been in the mood to debate. I've switched into "Earth-Mama-at-Peace" mode. And, well... the topics lately just aren't that debatable.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

August 30th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
Quote:
And, well... the topics lately just aren't that debatable.[/b]
^^ This.

August 30th, 2007, 11:20 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
^^ This.
[/b]
Yeah, that's what I found too.... I posted an article yesterday, but yeah... not much to debate anymore!

September 20th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Marissa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Marissa Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa
I haven't been in the debating mood lately. I check in but currently i haven't found a debate that i would like to debate in.
September 23rd, 2007, 09:12 PM
I think this area is a completely different place now. I think many women were upset at the moderating and found other places to debate

September 24th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I've noticed that too. Maybe we've debated everything there's to debate and just pretty much agree to disagree

Sharon
September 24th, 2007, 04:12 PM
I would say it cause half of the debaters left

September 25th, 2007, 10:03 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I spend the majority of my online debating time on another debate board. I believe many of the old regulars hang out there too.

I don't know, it's a really un-moderated board, so it's not for those who easily get offended in debates.[/b]
...or for those who can't handle the profanity, like me.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

September 25th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
Quote:
I spend the majority of my online debating time on another debate board. I believe many of the old regulars hang out there too.

I don't know, it's a really un-moderated board, so it's not for those who easily get offended in debates.[/b]
...or for those who can't handle the profanity, like me.
[/b]

I think both boards have their pros and cons. I'm thankful to have both in my life right now. I just wish I had more time for all of them.
October 25th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
I feel people got bent out of shape about peoples oppinions on topics. People got mad of topics being debated. I feel people should be allowed an oppinion on the topics debated. Everyone doesn't have to agree on the oppinion. But neither do they have to call those people they don't agree with a troll, bad person or even racist. Just because a person decides to debate a topic that has those of other races black or hispanics or others. Your now racist. That's balony. So I stayed away from the boards for quite a while. I am not totally back. I will lurk here on occasion. But still am so sick of the name calling. The really mean and insensitive name calling. I have said a few in the heat of the moment. I have cooled off some. Still not totally over the bad attitude some people here had about the topic debated here. I am sorry for any bad names I called anyone in the heat of the moment.
October 25th, 2007, 07:22 AM
~Faith~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search