What types of questions does your kid/s ask?

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2007, 10:35 AM
PinkSand's Avatar Veteran
We were driving home from breakfast this morning and my 8 year old son asks me, "Mom why does Santa say, HO HO HO?" Then he said "That just doesn't sound right" Leave it to my 2 older kids to say something stupid! So those two are outside helping the staff set up for tonight!
"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
Ted Nugent

“I'm not a role model, ... Just because I dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids.”
Charles Barkley

"Sex education may be a good idea in the schools, but I don't believe the kids should be given homework."
Bill Cosby
<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center">
</div>
January 16th, 2008, 12:26 PM
ahixon
I can't believe you are making them help the staff. That is just terrible.
January 16th, 2008, 12:33 PM
~Faith~
That was always the worst punishment for me. When Mom made me help peel potatoes in the kitchen with Cook.
January 16th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Stuuuuuuuuuupid
"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
Ted Nugent

“I'm not a role model, ... Just because I dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids.”
Charles Barkley

"Sex education may be a good idea in the schools, but I don't believe the kids should be given homework."
Bill Cosby

<div align="center">
</div>
January 16th, 2008, 12:54 PM
ahixon
How exactly is it stupid? How would you feel if your husband made you go help the staff everytime you did something wrong? You should have told the children they were wrong and let it go at that. I just can't believe you made your kids help the staff, that is so wrong.
January 16th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Quote:
How exactly is it stupid? How would you feel if your husband made you go help the staff everytime you did something wrong? You should have told the children they were wrong and let it go at that. I just can't believe you made your kids help the staff, that is so wrong.[/b]
Because you both are being sarcastic, yeah? Faith definitely was without a doubt.
And just for the record we don't personally have A staff, they are a service which DH hires for every event we have. Many events are held at my home or I should say on my property during the year and I am not talking about a family get together, which I would be fully capable of cooking, cleaning and setting up myself.

As far as the kids go, what makes you think I didn't tell them they were wrong? Besides they are old enough to know it was wrong and uncalled for. To be honest, just telling them they did wrong would be a big joke. That's the problem with kids today, parents want to be all nicey, nice with their children and God forbid they are considered mean.

Anyway, it is amazing that my kids are the only ones that ask questions that make me go, or .
Ted Nugent

Charles Barkley

Bill Cosby

<div align="center">
</div>
January 16th, 2008, 02:41 PM
~Faith~
Hey, it really did suck when my mother made me peel potatoes in the kitchen with Cook (she just happened to be the cook)...we didn't have a danged potato peeler.
January 16th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Hey, it really did suck when my mother made me peel potatoes in the kitchen with Cook (she just happened to be the cook)...we didn't have a danged potato peeler. [/b]
OK...even though I know you are/were being a smart###, that was funny.
Ted Nugent

Charles Barkley

Bill Cosby

<div align="center">
</div>
January 16th, 2008, 03:06 PM
ahixon
My kids behave just fine and I have never made them help the staff. I am sorry, but just as I said earlier how would you feel if your husband made you help the staff?
January 17th, 2008, 07:30 AM
*Jackie*
Quote:
We were driving home from breakfast this morning and my 8 year old son asks me, "Mom why does Santa say, HO HO HO?" Then he said "That just doesn't sound right" Leave it to my 2 older kids to say something stupid! So those two are outside helping the staff set up for tonight![/b]
How would your 8 yr. old son even understand the concept of what a HO is?
January 17th, 2008, 07:36 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
If it was your 8 year old, why'd you punish your two older children?
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
January 17th, 2008, 08:00 AM
donomama
I don't let my children near our staff. They are all illegals, and I don't want my children to start supporting illegal immigration, you know?
January 17th, 2008, 08:08 AM
*Jackie*
Quote:
If it was your 8 year old, why'd you punish your two older children?[/b]
OH, I just caught that..... What was the something stupid they said in response to your 8 year old that got your older ones in trouble?
January 17th, 2008, 10:11 AM
~Faith~
Quote:
I don't let my children near our staff. They are all illegals, and I don't want my children to start supporting illegal immigration, you know?[/b]
Oh you are a today, aren't you!
January 17th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Quote:
We were driving home from breakfast this morning and my 8 year old son asks me, "Mom why does Santa say, HO HO HO?" Then he said "That just doesn't sound right" Leave it to my 2 older kids to say something stupid! So those two are outside helping the staff set up for tonight![/b]
[/b]
I don't know if he understands the TOTAL CONCEPT of what a HO is, but he does know that it isn't good! If your daughter came home because she heard someone say, **** are you going to tell her the TOTAL CONCEPT of what a **** is? Or are you going to just explain to her that it isn't nice and what not.

As far as how would he know, Ummm, yeah I let my kids run lose and have free reign over what they watch and listen too.

Quote:
Do you punish your kids when they ask you a question? He was being serious.

Quote:
I don't let my children near our staff. They are all illegals, and I don't want my children to start supporting illegal immigration, you know?[/b]
Well I don't have STAFF! Let alone staff that are a bunch of illegals! So no.. I don't know! I do have 2 house keepers that are from Mexico. You may not want your children to start supporting illegal immigration but you certainly sound like you are teaching them IGNORANCE! Typical to ASSume that a person from Mexico is automatically in illegal. Great Job!!

Quote:
Quote:
OH, I just caught that..... What was the something stupid they said in response to your 8 year old that got your older ones in trouble?
[/b]
You have got to be kidding!? Freaking forget it! Assume away!

Quote:
Quote:
Oh you are a today, aren't you!
[/b]

Obviously in more ways than one!

Ted Nugent

Charles Barkley

Bill Cosby

<div align="center">
</div>
January 17th, 2008, 12:30 PM
*Jackie*
Buahaha! OMG you are the most hilarious person PinkSand.... I ask questions about what YOU say and you don't know what I'm talking about?!?! LOL!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
I don't know if he understands the TOTAL CONCEPT of what a HO is, but he does know that it isn't good! If your daughter came home because she heard someone say, **** are you going to tell her the TOTAL CONCEPT of what a **** is? Or are you going to just explain to her that it isn't nice and what not.

As far as how would he know, Ummm, yeah I let my kids run lose and have free reign over what they watch and listen too. [/b]
And I didn't come into this thread being snippy with you, I asked a simple question. But hey, you know what they say about ppl who assume.... Oh wait... you do know:

Quote:
Typical to ASSume[/b]

And I didn't say anything about you explaining what a hoe is, I asked how your 8 yr. old even knows what that is. Where did he learn it from? Friends, TV etc...???
January 17th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I'm still confused as to why the two older kids got in trouble... even if the 8 year old was serious what does that have to do with the older 2?
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

January 17th, 2008, 12:34 PM
*Jackie*
Quote:
I'm still confused as to why the two older kids got in trouble... even if the 8 year old was serious what does that have to do with the older 2?[/b]
You can't ask that question. You're assuming... uh.... something. What yet, I don't know, but apparently to ask this question we're assuming something.
January 17th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Buahaha! OMG you are the most hilarious person PinkSand.... I ask questions about what YOU say and you don't know what I'm talking about?!?! LOL!!!

Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinkSand @ Dec 31 2007, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>We were driving home from breakfast this morning and my 8 year old son asks me, "Mom why does Santa say, HO HO HO?" Then he said "That just doesn't sound right" Leave it to my 2 older kids to say something stupid! So those two are outside helping the staff set up for tonight![/b]
[/b]

As far as how would he know, Ummm, yeah I let my kids run lose and have free reign over what they watch and listen too. [/b][/quote]
And I didn't come into this thread being snippy with you, I asked a simple question. But hey, you know what they say about ppl who assume.... Oh wait... you do know:

Quote:
Typical to ASSume[/b]

And I didn't say anything about you explaining what a hoe is, I asked how your 8 yr. old even knows what that is. Where did he learn it from? Friends, TV etc...???
[/b][/quote]

I didn't ASSume anything! I misread what you wrote! Misreading what someone writes and assuming are two different things. I already answered whether or not if he knows what that is. As far as where did he learn it from, does it really matter to you? I mean seriously? Is it so people can point fingers? So you (in general) can say what horrible parents allow their kids out in the world, what are they watching? What type of people are they around? Maybe he heard his 15 year old sister, maybe he watched something that the word "hoe" was mentioned, after all, PG movies use the word pretty often and half the time I don't even realize it. (I know I'm such a horrible parent for not realizing it) Maybe he over heard me talking to someone, maybe he heard DH, aunts, uncles or his real dad.

Quote:
I'm still confused as to why the two older kids got in trouble... even if the 8 year old was serious what does that have to do with the older 2?[/b]
Did I not say BECAUSE they said something stupid! Uncalled for! Why are you confused?

Quote:
Quote:
You can't ask that question. You're assuming... uh.... something. What yet, I don't know, but apparently to ask this question we're assuming something.
[/b]
That isn't assuming, it's not comprehending.
Ted Nugent

Charles Barkley

Bill Cosby

<div align="center">
</div>
January 17th, 2008, 01:35 PM
but in the OP you said your 8 year old said that comment, so you sent your older two to help the staff... what did that comment have to do with the older 2? Or are you just not making sense?

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search