what do you think about this?

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2005, 10:19 AM
CBMS
I'm not in that weird religion (sorry if that wording is offensive to anyone, but it's not the norm, therefore it's weird), but I do labor very quietly and without pain meds. But that's just how I am. I have very easy, relatively pain free labor. (If I were in pain, though, I wouldn't hesitate to let it be known!)

However, I would never leave my baby alone after! I nurse before baby is cleaned up, and then continue to hold on for about six months, taking brief breaks only for showers!
November 23rd, 2005, 07:40 AM
Veteran
It's totally amazing in my mind what this girl will do in order to keep Tom Cruise. I think their whole relationship is bogus. She has admitted many times that she has had a crush on him since she was a very young girl, even before she was on t.v. She would do anything to keep him at this point. I hope she has the hardest labor possible and screams her ***** off. It would serve them both right. I don't care if I am bashing this religion because it's a bogus religion IMO that focuses on getting people who make a lot of money in their profession to suppor them (i.e. a lot of actors). If someone wants to have a perfectly silent childbirth then let them try that, but to be told they HAVE to do it (or anything else) is similar to a cult.
December 13th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Super Mommy
My oh my... I can tell alot of men were involved in coming up with this bunch of crap!!!

I did hold out for about 4 hours with out pain meds. & then I threatened to through my DH out of a window if he didn't shut up. I also pulled the phone out of the wall b/c people kept calling to see how I was... it got on my nerves so bad. Once I was induced the pain got so intense... so fast... the Dr. strongly suggested that I go ahead with the pain meds.

I also experienced very bad PPD. I can not believe a man with no experiece around a pregnant woman or a woman that had just given birth would give advise like that.

One of my good friends lost her baby to SIDS when I was about 5 mo. pregnant. Well I became extemely paraniod that Emily was going to die. The PPD compounded those fears & I would not let anyone touch her and I would look at her & cry b/c I thought she was going to die. I would not eat, couldn't sleep and cried all the time.

One night my DH made me leave the house to get some dinner. I saw one of the nurses from my Dr's office and she quickly realized what was going on. The next day...my Dr. jumped on top of it and got me treated quickly.

It took a good two weeks before I was close to normal feeling, but it prob. saved my life.

I can't believe Tom would even talk about things he has no experience with.

Julie

One of my babies I carried in my heart and one I carried under my heart...

Remember... behind every successful mother.. there is a basket of dirty laundry!!!</div>
December 31st, 2005, 02:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I think the only person who should be silent is Tom Cruise [/b]

I cannot stand that man he makes me want to scream!!!

January 28th, 2006, 11:16 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pardon me for thinking I have a rational brain..but isn't the womb a noisy place??? All the wooshing & heartbeat & muffled voices? It seems to me that silence in & of itself might be traumatizing to a baby...I would actually think some level of continual noise that is gradually decreased over time might actually be a bit more gentle of an approach for the baby.... It's just a weird concept - silence .

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search