Sharing the Road

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That always bothered me too. They are technically supposed to follow the same traffic laws as cars. I cant tell you how many times i have almost hit someone on a bicycle...It scares me because i would feel horrible if i ever hit someone on a bike. Im not sure who would be at fault in that kind of situation..

October 26th, 2005, 03:15 PM
chlodoll
If you are on wheels and are on the road you have to follow the same laws. I really think there should be more bicycle lanes though. So many people do not wear helmets while on the road. It makes me very nervous when I am driving. Especially downtown where there are already cars parked on the side of the road.
October 26th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree completely here. We are supposed to share the road with them, but......many of them think we are to watch out for them and not them watch out for us. It drives me crazy when I am going down a road and come up to a cyclist. We are going together down the road and there is a car parked. The biker will swirve way around the park car right into my lane like I am not even there. So who would be at fought if we hit them?
There should be more bike lanes but is almost impossible to do that.

And what about helmets. Should adults be made to wear them as well as kids? HMMMMMM...............

November 23rd, 2005, 07:33 AM
Veteran
The people on bikes bug my DH to no end. He hates them! We live out in the country and people flock to our area just so they can ride their bikes on the winding, steep roads. The roads are also very narrow and some people out this way drive 20 miles over the speed limit most of the time. It's very dangerous! It freaks me out if I have to pass someone on a bike but there's no way I'm going to ride behind them until they decide to have enough decency to get their a## off the road and out of my way.
December 31st, 2005, 06:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This is one of my pet peeves. people on bikes who don't follow the rules. They make me so nervous because you never know what they are going to do and it's like they just expect you to make way for them............aaaaaaaaa they should have their own path!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search