JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Fashion and Beauty (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f240-fashion-and-beauty/)
-   -   What is your hairstyle? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f240-fashion-and-beauty/2639233-what-your-hairstyle.html)

MommyofAngels1985 March 31st, 2013 05:18 AM

What is your hairstyle?

I recently got my hair cut short and had bangs added. I haven't had anything other than long straight hair, no layers or anything, since I was 12 so I wanted a change. Well I absolutely love the bangs, but I miss my longer hair, I got like 6 inches whacked off :(. I figure it will take about half a year until the length will satisfy me because I would like to get about 4 inches of it back. I don't ever use any kind of hair products. Every other day I wash and condition my hair followed by blow drying it. I also find it rediculous to pay anywhere from $16-22 just to have my bangs trimmed once every two weeks to a month so thanks to the help of youtube and a pair of salon scissors I have been trimming my own bangs for almost a month now, and they have never looked so good :p. I have been getting so good at cutting my own hair that I started cutting my 2 year olds bangs, so adorable!

8forus April 19th, 2013 02:43 PM

Re: What is your hairstyle?

Most of my life I've had long hair with a couple of stints with short hair. And when I say short I mean earlobe short! But I always let it grow out each time I get it cut and go years between cutting. I haven't had bangs since before high school ... no I take that back I got them cut back in my hair because I thought I'd like them again - hated them and grew them back out to never have them again. I've also found that a little layering seems to work well for me even when my hair is super long.

mollymom April 28th, 2013 01:24 PM

I have short hair with bangs too! I just got it trimmed up to my chin a few days ago....but immediately saw a woman with shoulder-length hair and kind of wish I had that haircut. I'm thinking about growing it out. But it's so nice to have short hair in the summer!

TWINKLES20 May 8th, 2013 09:00 AM

My hair is just past my shoulders and layerd x

NatalieWiley January 19th, 2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyofAngels1985 (Post 27244539)
I recently got my hair cut short and had bangs added. I haven't had anything other than long straight hair, no layers or anything, since I was 12 so I wanted a change. Well I absolutely love the bangs, but I miss my longer hair, I got like 6 inches whacked off :(. I figure it will take about half a year until the length will satisfy me because I would like to get about 4 inches of it back. I don't ever use any kind of hair products. Every other day I wash and condition my hair followed by blow drying it. I also find it rediculous to pay anywhere from $16-22 just to have my bangs trimmed once every two weeks to a month so thanks to the help of youtube and a pair of salon scissors I have been trimming my own bangs for almost a month now, and they have never looked so good :p. I have been getting so good at cutting my own hair that I started cutting my 2 year olds bangs, so adorable!

Well at least, you learned how to cut your own hair. . ^_^
I actually want to get a new haircut
but no idea yet what will suit my rounded face.. :unsure:

rachelc0 January 20th, 2014 09:10 AM

i had long hair and i loved it. took a few years to grow out and i was proud of it. the only few problems were that when i colored at home i needed TWO boxes, and there were times it was very heavy. so last summer i decided to hack it. off goes about 9in. and i loved my new cut ... for about a month. now i SERIOUSLY regret cutting it and i'm growing it all back out again.

BrittMartinez January 24th, 2014 04:13 AM

I only wear my hair down..
I curl it sometimes..