JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   February 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1838-february-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Eric Jr.'s birth story! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1838-february-2013-playroom/2625246-eric-jr-s-birth-story.html)

dannimom February 13th, 2013 04:55 PM

Eric Jr.'s birth story!

Sorry to keep you all waiting! :D

Anyway: Last week Eric and I were readying for bed, and he noticed me wince a couple times. He asked if I was ok, told him stuff was finally getting going. As you probably remember, we had that massive blizzard last week, so Eric stayed home from work (everything shut down) After a day and a half of increasing labor, my water broke. We ate dinner and watched the snowfall, readying for the baby's arrival. About midnight I finally felt my body turn the corner. As the pain intensified, I alternated squatting against Eric, and getting on my hands and knees. Near the end, I reached down, hoping to caress the head as it crowned. Problem was, all I felt was a buttock. :o As I shifted positions, Eric supported the body as he emerged, face up to boot! He latched immediatedly. BTW, his cord finally fell off today.

Mom2twolittlemen February 13th, 2013 05:05 PM

Re: Eric Jr.'s birth story!

Wow, you delivered a breech baby on your own?? Craziness! Where do you live? We were SMACKED by the blizzard!

foosdiva February 13th, 2013 05:13 PM

This is really hard to believe.

martilynne February 13th, 2013 05:15 PM

You had mentioned before about keeping the placenta attached, how did that work out for you?

dannimom February 13th, 2013 05:22 PM

The lotus birth went well. We buried the placenta in our back yard (after digging out the snow). BTW, we live South of Boston, got about 2 feet.

rosiewells February 13th, 2013 05:35 PM

Unassisted breach baby in a blizzard! What a great memory that will be for you and your SO! And a great story to share with others! Congrats again :)

Nyzira February 13th, 2013 05:49 PM

Wait... let me get this straight... you had your baby at least a week early, breech, by yourself with a labor totaling 15 hours and your a first time mom? I'm sorry, but I find this hard to believe. FTMs usually go over 40 weeks... and it's common to labor for DAYS without any medical intervention... and then the breech birth? Don't even get me started. I mean, my first birth was 13 hours labour and my second was 15... and I was induced.

I've been suspicious of your story for a while but this "birth story" really makes me call BS. I might be inclined to believe it if I saw some pictures.

CptStargel February 13th, 2013 06:12 PM

Wow! Lucky you to have a breech AND posterior baby and still easily have a UC home birth. I had a horrific experience this go round with my posterior baby girl. I pushed almost an hour or more and had to have help from the Dr because baby head was stuck. You're lucky...congrats.

ratladee February 13th, 2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyzira (Post 27091195)
Wait... let me get this straight... you had your baby at least a week early, breech, by yourself with a labor totaling 15 hours and your a first time mom? I'm sorry, but I find this hard to believe. FTMs usually go over 40 weeks... and it's common to labor for DAYS without any medical intervention... and then the breech birth? Don't even get me started. I mean, my first birth was 13 hours labour and my second was 15... and I was induced.

I've been suspicious of your story for a while but this "birth story" really makes me call BS. I might be inclined to believe it if I saw some pictures.

All that is really irrelevant. Every birth and every person is different. Yes, it's hard to believe but that reasoning isn't why. It's all the other stuff.

Nyzira February 13th, 2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratladee (Post 27091487)
All that is really irrelevant. Every birth and every person is different. Yes, it's hard to believe but that reasoning isn't why. It's all the other stuff.

That reasoning might not be why for you but it is for me... as I said in my post, it's is usual and more common to labour for days and go over 40 weeks. If I take that into account along with the lack of pictures, lack of avatar, lack of signature, flip-flopping stories, etc then I have to draw my conclusions. I don't recall saying at any time that the situation was impossible. I said I found it hard to believe.

ratladee February 13th, 2013 08:30 PM

True dat.

AmyLM February 13th, 2013 09:22 PM

I am going to have to agree with the others that find this difficult to believe. Not impossible just improbable. Either way, of it is true, congrats.

Rebelmommy February 14th, 2013 04:33 AM

I don't know if your story is true or not. I was a first time mom with a 5 hour labor, and my posterior baby was not much different in delivery then the others..HOWEVER I know that if I birthed a breech, posterior baby at home unassisted in the middle of a blizzard I would have posted a long detailed birth story, the length of which would probably make this forum cringe! And tons of pictures because I would feel like super woman! Plus you are a braver woman then I, as I would have just frozen the placenta rather then brave blizzard snow and frozen ground to bury it.

Mommytoeight2013 February 14th, 2013 04:46 AM

This just seems alittle too far out for me.

jojow February 14th, 2013 04:56 AM

Ditto the others. You've seemed sketchy since the beginning. If it is true, congrats.

kikismith February 14th, 2013 06:09 AM

I agree with the other girls....and rebelmommy has a good point, really you dug through snow and FROZEN ground to bury the placenta?

martilynne February 15th, 2013 12:42 PM

So how big was this breach posterior baby and how do you go about getting a birth certificate and stuff when it's an unassisted birth with no witnesses? Also you had mentioned in a post in the past that you weren't planning on abstaining from sex...how do you feel about that now?

foosdiva March 3rd, 2013 12:35 AM

Still no pictures and no response even though she was active on JM recently. More red flags.

Rebelmommy March 12th, 2013 02:11 PM

Can we get some pics of your little man, I know that most of the ladies are like me and we like to put faces to names.. Plus we ALL love to look at all the pretty babies!

chickadee March 19th, 2013 08:43 PM

Glad I wasn't the only one suspicious long before this birth story. I'd love to believe the best, but things were always just pretty off here.