JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   February 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1838-february-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Where is baby sleeping? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1838-february-2013-playroom/2630175-where-baby-sleeping.html)

Excited_mommy February 27th, 2013 10:17 PM

Where is baby sleeping?

I have been having Kylie sleep in her crib sense we have been home because I want her to get use to it early on.. But sense she was asleep so much today I knew she would be awake most of the night and so I placed her next to the bed in our room. I figured I'd be too tired to go back and forth between the rooms. I love this! Even when she wakes up to be fed I can stay in bed and sense I get to her so quick I don't hear her cry much at all. I love this. I know I should probably keep it at a one time thing but idk..

Where are your little ones sleeping?

If its not in the crib then when do you plan on transferring them?

For the ones who are still pregnant, what are your plans for your little ones once they arrive?

jeangeorge2742728 February 27th, 2013 10:57 PM

Re: Where is baby sleeping?

I co-sleep have with all my kids, my 18 month old is still in the bed as well. I plan on getting her in a toddler bed very soon, but some of my kids have co-slept up to the age of 4 so it really depends on how they are sleeping and all of that. But I love having them beside me it make's it a lot easier and I can get more sleep.

Nyzira February 28th, 2013 01:24 AM

I go back and forth between the co-sleeper bassinet and actually co-sleeping in my bed. On chilly nights, I keep her in the bed with me. She won't go into a crib for quite some time. I don't think my first slept in her crib until she was 6 months or so.

LuckyOne February 28th, 2013 01:28 AM

We also co-sleep. It makes breastfeeding easier and my girls seem to love it. Unfortunately my toddler has moved back into our bed since the baby came home but we are working on it! I'm glad you found a better sleeping arrangement. Sleep is so precious at this age!

eiramillek February 28th, 2013 05:08 AM

She sleeps in a bassinet next to out bed and sometimes in bed with me. I'll transfer her to a crib either when I return to work or when she starts sleeping a little longer at night.

disturbedangel121 February 28th, 2013 06:04 AM

He sleeps in a bassinet by my bed. We will keep him in the room with us until he is not waking up so often to eat. Trying to avoid co-sleeping as we did that with my other kids and it was really hard getting them out of it. I'm not gonna lie some nights I do just wanna snuggle him but so far I have been refraining!

*CrabLegs* February 28th, 2013 06:16 AM

Baby is sleeping in the Rock 'n Play sleeper right next to our bed. He's an arm's reach away from me. I plan to move him to the crib around 3 months but that's not set in stone. We'll see how it goes when the time arrives. As it is now, my almost 2 year old is still sleeping in the crib and we only have one so baby has to wait.

mykesmomma February 28th, 2013 06:56 AM

She sleeps in the bassinet next to our bed. She sleeps really well at night. Im avoiding putting her in bed with us because it was very hard to break DS of sleeping in my bed. I dont have a certain time when we'll move her to her crib. Probably once she gets up less at night.

spicymustard February 28th, 2013 08:17 AM

She's been in my bed since the first night. I've coslept with all of them. My almost 2 year old sleeps in the crib sidecarred to our bed.

cheezpoofs February 28th, 2013 09:34 AM

My baby will sleep in a cosleeper crib sidecar on the bed. It worked great with my second son and I'm sure it will be the best sleeping option once again.

KerryJo February 28th, 2013 10:44 AM

Shelby is 75% crib which is at the foot of my bed and then 25% with me in bed (or the couch). It just depends on where I do the last wee early feeding and we crash. :)

MiniSnookie February 28th, 2013 11:03 AM

Once she comes, I want to try and use the crib since it is in our room and not far from the bed. If that doesn't work I will try the rock and play sleeper right next to the bed. I want her to get used to the crib thou so when we move into a bigger place she will be used to the crib. Hoping she comes soon.

rosiewells February 28th, 2013 12:04 PM

I am still sleeping in the recliner (with propped up pillows) with my little one. For some reason I am frightened of sleeping in the bed with my little one. I am terrified that she will die of SIDS, or I will roll over on her, or something else horrible. I wish I was as confident about bed-sharing as some of you are, then I could go back to my comfy bed!

We tried putting Lily to sleep in her bassinet by our bed last night, and she still doesn't like it. So we ended up sleeping in the living room again. Maybe when she isn't so tiny I will feel more comfortable with her in our bed? FTM scaredness I guess.

AmyLM February 28th, 2013 01:02 PM

He sleeps in bed with us. All of out kids have. I usually move them at about 9 months to a year. They still get in bed with us in the mornings.:)

birdblue February 28th, 2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *CrabLegs* (Post 27145055)
Baby is sleeping in the Rock 'n Play sleeper right next to our bed. He's an arm's reach away from me. I plan to move him to the crib around 3 months but that's not set in stone. We'll see how it goes when the time arrives. As it is now, my almost 2 year old is still sleeping in the crib and we only have one so baby has to wait.

Abby is also in the Rock 'n Play sleeper by our bed. And Sam is usually between Kevin and i.

sarah* February 28th, 2013 03:49 PM

He sleeps in the bassinet right up against the bed but if he is unsettled he sleeps in bed with us

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

jojow February 28th, 2013 06:14 PM

Lydia sleeps with me in my bed for most of the night. Sometimes she sleeps really lightly and squirms a ton in her sleep, if that happens I'll put her in the swing or bassinet (both are very close to my bed).

*BabyMaMa* March 1st, 2013 12:34 PM

Zoey is in bed with me :wub:

Rebelmommy March 1st, 2013 01:16 PM

Creighton is in his pack n play next to our bed, it has a nice bassinet/co-sleeper like optoin thingy so he is right at the right level for me to grab him easily. He will eventually transfer to his crib, which is also in our room and then once he starts sleeping through the night I might (still not sure about the timing for this yet) move him into the room with his brother, who is dying to have him share his room :)

Mama2Angels March 1st, 2013 07:46 PM

I sleep propped with a bunch of pillows, so I'm practically sitting and LO sleeps in my arms on our bed. She doesn't like her bassinet. So it looks like we'll be co-sleeping... my hubby and I don't mind. She will not be little forever and after losing so many babies before having our little girl, I want to enjoy her as much as possible.