JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   February 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1838-february-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Birth control? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1838-february-2013-playroom/2630808-birth-control.html)

*BabyMaMa* March 1st, 2013 01:08 PM

Birth control?

What are you planning on doing?

I thought I wanted 4 kids, but now I *really* think I'm done with my two girls. A part of me wants to get the Mirena. I really don't like hormonal BC, but I don't want a "whoops" baby. My DH is completely against me being on BC, but I don't trust us doing NFP right now. We did NFP for years and never had a slip up. Although I feel that we're done with kids, I don't want anything permanent until we're after 30. That would only be DH getting a vasectomy. No way would I go and get a tubal. So, I'm kinda lost right now.

Also, I thought about the paraguard, but I've heard so many horror stories about heavy horrible periods...yuck!

Rebelmommy March 1st, 2013 01:11 PM

Re: Birth control?

Will will use the pull out method along with charting and NFP. It worked well for us for 7 years until we decided to try again :)

KerryJo March 1st, 2013 01:39 PM

I am on the Mirena and I was on it before Shelby came along. I loved it! I had a very light period (more like spotting) once every 4-6mos. No cramping or bloating and is the best thing ever in my book.

disturbedangel121 March 1st, 2013 02:14 PM

I got the Nexplanon. The plan was for DH to get a vasectomy but he hasn't even seen a doctor about it so until/unless he does, I have decided to give this a shot.

jeangeorge2742728 March 1st, 2013 03:12 PM

I was going to get a tubal but decided not to so now we are not trying and not preventing like we always do. Hoping its awhile before I get pregnant again I can always tell right before I O so I should be able to avoid another pregnancy for awhile.

mykesmomma March 1st, 2013 03:28 PM

I am going back on Depo. I am horrible at remembering to take pills every day and I dont want and IUD.

rosiewells March 1st, 2013 04:16 PM

I thought it would be nice to have children closely spaced together, but not any more! I would like to try an IUD, still haven't decided if I want the copper one, or the hormonal one. I will have to do more research.

sarah* March 1st, 2013 05:33 PM

I can't take hormonal contraception, it messes with my depression quite bad. We were using the pull out method before trying for over a year but I got pregnant doing that once although I m/c at 7 weeks so I don't think we will use that method again, DH is meant to be getting the snip but he doesn't seem to be looking into it and doing anything about it even though I have mentioned it a few times? So I'm unsure what we will do at the minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Mama2Angels March 1st, 2013 07:38 PM

I don't do contraceptives, so natural family planning it is for me! :smile:

CptStargel March 4th, 2013 09:22 AM

With an iud, can you feel it in place? Can you use them while BFing? I can't remember to take a pill everyday or to pick up the new prescription on time. I was on the pill for 2 years inconsistently. My normal periods are always very heavy and last forever and the pill yasmine made them better, but I just don't know about the pill again. And I do not want to get pregnant ever again as of right now, but DH is trying to talk me into a 3rd baby so he doesn't want anything permanent.

stephanieaehenley March 5th, 2013 10:19 AM

For now we will do the pull out method, it has always worked for us , both my kids were planned, but we have talked about dh getting the snip he isn't to interested in it though

disturbedangel121 March 5th, 2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptStargel (Post 27159424)
With an iud, can you feel it in place? Can you use them while BFing? I can't remember to take a pill everyday or to pick up the new prescription on time. I was on the pill for 2 years inconsistently. My normal periods are always very heavy and last forever and the pill yasmine made them better, but I just don't know about the pill again. And I do not want to get pregnant ever again as of right now, but DH is trying to talk me into a 3rd baby so he doesn't want anything permanent.

With an IUD you are meant to feel for the strings every so often. I had it before and I never bothered to feel for the strings and it came out of place. When I got it the strings were poking DH so we had them shortened so I would really have to reach up there to check anyway. I got Nexplanon this time and don't have much to say about it as I've only had it 2 weeks but I like that I can easily touch my arm and feel that it is still in place.

AmyLM March 5th, 2013 01:30 PM

Nfp for us

Nyzira March 5th, 2013 06:00 PM

Right now, I'm abstaining. No partner, no need to worry about it. I go for my 6 week checkup next week and we're going to discuss tubal ligation. I know I'm completely done. I don't want anymore than I have and I'm 34. I can't stand the thought of a foreign body inside me so that rules out the implant and IUDs/Merena. Birth control pills screw with my body too bad so that's out and I was on Depo for 10 years so they won't let me have it anymore. Tubal is the last option.

dannimom March 10th, 2013 09:30 PM

We will be using a combination of LAM and His wisdom.

my3sonsplus1 March 11th, 2013 09:49 AM

I don't know what I am going to do. I had the mirena for years and liked it except that it may have been contributing to my migraines. I also have hypertension, so I have to be careful.

MiaVena March 11th, 2013 01:08 PM

pull-out-method for us :) worked so far.

AmyLM March 11th, 2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannimom (Post 27182765)
We will be using a combination of LAM and His wisdom.

What are these? Enlighten me please.

cheezpoofs March 12th, 2013 08:48 AM

My husband got a vasectomy in November.

jojow March 12th, 2013 09:35 AM

I'm single and abstaining.