JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   February 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1838-february-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Spitting up after eating (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1838-february-2013-playroom/2634733-spitting-up-after-eating.html)

Excited_mommy March 14th, 2013 10:32 AM

Spitting up after eating

Sorry I seem to post a million things, but I just keep getting stumped with questions.

As of last night my baby girl has started spitting up after every feeding. But then most of the time she wants more because after spitting up she has more room to eat I guess. I haven't changed anything in my diet and she did it again this morning even though I haven't eaten sense 8 last night (16 hours ago) so why is she doing this? She is 3 weeks old today.. Just started this yesterday.

MiaVena March 14th, 2013 11:27 AM

Re: Spitting up after eating

my boy does that too... i dont know why, but maybe because he so enjoys the feeding so he forgets to feel if his stomach is full and then after he is finished he just -lets out- the excessive... i might be wrong, but thats my logic :D hopefully some more experienced momma here will brighten us both :)

Excited_mommy March 14th, 2013 12:37 PM

Well I called my doctor and was told to make sure at she is sitting up for at least 30 minutes after eating (instead of lying down) and if that leant work then to call back tomorrow.m

AmyLM March 14th, 2013 02:51 PM

my girls were spitter-uppers. They spit up constantly, even if it was well after having been fed. I had to have burp cloths with me everywhere. Now, with Cruz, I can count the number of times he has spit up. It is so rare that he does, I was beginning to wonder if he was okay! lol Babies spit up and sometimes it looks like they've spit up everything you just fed them but, really, it's not that much. I read once that if you spill a couple of tablespoons of milk on a table, it really looks like much more than it is and you can compare that to the amount your baby spits up. Obviously, if it is very concerning to you, have her seen. Or, if she seems like she's in pain from it. I know some babies get reflux but, I think all babies spit up, often or not.

LuckyOne March 14th, 2013 08:55 PM

It could be that she has reflux. Dd1 had it from what seemed like day one. She was very sensitive to milk, soy, eggs, etc. So I had to keep a very clean diet. I also have strong let down so I had to pump before feeding her. Dd2 has started refluxing so I'm now pumping when I can before feedings. It really helps, she doesn't sound like she's choking or gasping for air and best of all she's not throwing up like crazy.

MiaVena March 15th, 2013 02:11 AM

sometimes Steven spits up without even making a different face and then he starts smiling :D

stephanieaehenley March 15th, 2013 06:28 AM

She could just be over eating so she spits up , or it could be reflux

mistletoe March 15th, 2013 07:48 AM

Little A just started this after week 3. Our ped is unconcerned as long as she isn't bothered by it. For her, it's not yet every feeding. And when it happens, it just kind of flows out her mouth -- she doesnt even seem to notice. Unfortunately, she too typically acts hungry again as if to fill that spot. Given that most of my day is spent with her attached to my boob--like right now--this is a little frustrating. I inform her that it takes mom a lot of time, effort and sometimes pain to produce the milk she just rejected. ;)