JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   February 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1838-february-2013-playroom/)
-   -   What was that one person? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1838-february-2013-playroom/2635010-what-one-person.html)

jeangeorge2742728 March 15th, 2013 09:06 AM

What was that one person?

Who was that one person that you just wanted to rip from limb to limb during labor or afterwards?

For me it was when I went to my room after the birth a nurse came in, and had enough nerve to say "you had a big boy didn't you" why yes I did my biggest so far "and you didn't tear a bit". It was like her telling me my vagina must be as big as the grand canyon my dh laughed about it but I was pissed, that was my wanted to rip from limb to limb, the nurse that told me and dh, he can be a *** at time's he thinks he is being all funny lol.

Excited_mommy March 15th, 2013 09:21 AM

Re: What was that one person?

I would say afterwords when my dhs family came to visit. They stayed super long, and super late and I was clearly tired and wanted them to leave and they just stayed for what seemed like forever.. And then about 2 or 3 of them said something to me like "you look tired, you feel ok?" Or "man you look exhausted".
Seriously? I just pushed a baby out of my youhoo, I haven't slept in 2 days, and I'm on pain meds.... No I'm not tired, what makes you think I would be?

Rebelmommy March 15th, 2013 09:27 AM

For me it was the nurse that kept insisting that I keep the blood pressure cuff on while trying to push. (I had ripped it off because if you move at all while that thing is trying to take your blood pressure it strangles your arm to the point of pain). I told her I wasn't going to have a **** stroke in the 2 minutes it took me to ****** push and yet she kept trying to put it on me.. I was this close to punching her!

sarah* March 15th, 2013 10:09 AM

Mine was when my phone was completely dead after labour/birth and there were 4 plugs behind my hospital bed and i needed to contact my husband, i asked her if i could plug it in and she said no!! i went from 6pm to 10am the next day without contacting him and he was so worried! i asked a different midwife in the end and she said yes i could charge it up so i quickly charged it up :)

Nyzira March 15th, 2013 10:35 AM

My husband... but I always want to rip him from limb to limb. Other than that I had a perfectly pleasant birth and recovery experience. I love our hospital.

Servilia March 15th, 2013 10:52 AM

The resident and med student who didn't recognize the meconium in my waters as it was clearly gushing out in front of their eyes on a bed in triage. They were ready to send me home if I hadn't made any progress in the next 3 hours. On my way out of triage I mentioned to the nurse at the front that my waters had green in them and isn't that a bad thing (I remembered from my birthing class that meant meconium). I got a room within 15 minutes. Idiots!!
Apparently it was a lot of meconium too but luckily it was all stuck behind her back so it didn't get to her face. It could cause some bad respiratory problems even in the long term.

AmyLM March 15th, 2013 10:55 AM

It was actually a couple of people: My doctor and a baby nurse.

My doctor seemed to turn into a complete a-hole that day. He was really busy and had lot's of patients in labor plus he did, like, 4 c-sections so, I get that he was stressed. BUT, he let it get the best of him and I'm sorry, but, I don't want to be treated like I'm number on a list. KWIM?

Cruz was born with these little blistery pustules all over him. We didn't know what it was ( I have it written down now) and when they took him to the warmer to weigh and do his vital signs, 3 feet away, I kept hearing the nurse say things like, "wear gloves, I don't know what it is, I've never seen anything like this before..etc" Now, having worked in the medical field for 20 years, obviously, you wear gloves and those things are going to be said but for crying out loud, have some ******* tact. You don't say stuff like that within earshot of a new mom about her brand new baby! I started crying and I had these images in my head of skin sloughing off my baby and thought that I would have to change bandages on him for the rest of his life. I didn't know what was going on. Turns out, after a seasoned nurse saw him and then a pediatrician, that what he had was completely normal. He just had a lot of it and everything was gone within a couple of days. The pediatrician told me he would be VERY peely, more than normal, but it really wasn't bad at all. Anyway, I wanted to punch both the doctor and nurse in the face.

jojow March 15th, 2013 11:55 AM

Fortunately nobody. :) My Mom and 2 sisters (20 and 17) were present during labor and birth and afterwards my siblings, parents and kids were all great. I wasn't too happy with my ex when he found out about Lydia a few days after birth and had his drunk loser mother call our house. (I didn't tell him about the baby because he's violent and abusive and wanted him out of the loop for as long as possible.)

disturbedangel121 March 15th, 2013 12:10 PM

I had a few as well. When I first came in and they checked me for dilation a student came in with the doctor (without making sure it was ok with me) and the student checked me for dilation first and then the doctor had to recheck to make sure her measurement was accurate. I was 8cm and contracting HARD I did not need 2 people sticking their hands up there.

Then, and I was really trying to be somewhat understanding as I am going for my nursing, the doctor came and took Jacob for his circumcision and at 1030 popped her head in to tell me that the circumcision went well and they were just diapering him. So I'm sitting there waiting (texting DH freaking out after a while) and no baby. Around 1230 four students came in with Jacob to show me how to do the circumcision care, I'm not going to lie in a way it was funny as I knew I had tons more experience with this than them, but the fact that they spent two hours "practicing" on my newborn son without my permission or even my knowledge really irked me!

MiaVena March 15th, 2013 12:24 PM

i guess everybody...they let me home too soon...saying everything was okay, but they failed to mention that i don't have enough breast milk just yet. i found it out in children's hospital about 4 days later, when my baby boy was in quite critical state and we had to feed him through some nasty thing in his nose.

artisticmind March 15th, 2013 02:50 PM

I lucked out and had no one that upset me. That's the only good thing about giving birth in the middle of the night-3 nurses on duty and it was me and my hubby in the room. My nurse was awesome, Emalie's nurse was awesome, my OB was just as tired and disheveled as I was LOL The Phleb that came in around 3am to get my antepartum admission blood work, who is also a fellow nursing student (a 1st year but is the brother to one of my classmates) got my blood and i never even felt the poke even though i watched him do it. I seriously want to have my next in the middle of the night again :lol: No family was there or awake to call and bother us. It was great!

rosiewells March 15th, 2013 03:47 PM

This is really embarrassing because I didn't know the protocol! Well, the day after I gave birth some lady came in to pick up the paperwork for my daughters birth certificate. I asked when I would be getting her birth certificate, she explained to me that I would not be receiving it right away, and that I would have to pay $23 to the vital statistic people (I think that is who it was) and it would come in the mail. At the time my husband and Mother in law were out buying some stuff for the baby, and I was all alone. I starting freaking out, saying things like "What do you mean I can't have her birth certificate now?" "I have to pay, pay who?" She explained it to me again, and I just started welling up with tears, then I told her to leave. I had no idea that I had to wait, let alone pay for her birth certificate. I am fairly embarrassed about it now, but at the time I thought it was so terrible, I felt like they were keeping things (My babys things) from me or something. When my husband and my mother in law returned, my MIL reassured me that is standard procedure, then I felt better. I am blaming that incident on hormones for sure! Other than that, my doctor and nurse were amazing. Really great birthing experience (Thanks to the epidural)!

Nyzira March 15th, 2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosiewells (Post 27199797)
This is really embarrassing because I didn't know the protocol! Well, the day after I gave birth some lady came in to pick up the paperwork for my daughters birth certificate. I asked when I would be getting her birth certificate, she explained to me that I would not be receiving it right away, and that I would have to pay $23 to the vital statistic people (I think that is who it was) and it would come in the mail. At the time my husband and Mother in law were out buying some stuff for the baby, and I was all alone. I starting freaking out, saying things like "What do you mean I can't have her birth certificate now?" "I have to pay, pay who?" She explained it to me again, and I just started welling up with tears, then I told her to leave. I had no idea that I had to wait, let alone pay for her birth certificate. I am fairly embarrassed about it now, but at the time I thought it was so terrible, I felt like they were keeping things (My babys things) from me or something. When my husband and my mother in law returned, my MIL reassured me that is standard procedure, then I felt better. I am blaming that incident on hormones for sure! Other than that, my doctor and nurse were amazing. Really great birthing experience (Thanks to the epidural)!

Most hospitals I know of provide what's called the Mother's Copy birth certificate (free of charge). It's strange (to me) that yours doesn't.

rosiewells March 15th, 2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyzira (Post 27200086)
Most hospitals I know of provide what's called the Mother's Copy birth certificate (free of charge). It's strange (to me) that yours doesn't.

I did get that get in my packet afterwards. It looks really dinky too! Lol! It has my daughters footprints on it, and my fingerprints too. For some reason I thought I got to have the real thing right at the hospital. Shows how much I knew

mistletoe March 16th, 2013 07:28 AM

I never saw that person, but he or she was the recipient of my ire when I opened the cover to my breakfast plate, having ordered a cinnamon bun, to discover in the unmistakable dreariness of a bran muffin. :mad: I then noticed a little card placed on my tray with a pre-printed apology for substituting one of my items.

Who substitutes a bran muffin for a cinnamon bun?! I mean, come on, at least give me the bagel instead.

;)

(My real error was having any faith in hospital dining after my order of a poached egg arrived the first morning: a sad yolk with a small trail of egg white looking like a gouged eyeball on a full-size dinner plate. Aside from aesthetics and lack of cooking skill, what kind of protein and energy exactly was I supposed to extract from a single tiny egg yolk, the morning after I'd just performed an 18-hour laboring marathon?!)

spicymustard March 16th, 2013 08:34 AM

Everything went really smoothly for me. I was slightly irked at mollies nurse a few hours after birth. Telling me about how I need to burp her more and I need to record every diaper change. I know the diaper thing is standard procedure but considering I put in a full day at work, pushed a baby out by 11pm and it was 4 in the morning or something like that and I still had not slept at all I was exhausted and not thinking clearly. :-) pretty minor stuff though.

eiramillek March 16th, 2013 01:51 PM

There is a real jerk doctor at our hospital. He was the doctor on call with DD1 and I remember him yelling at a nurse in front of me and I prayed he would not deliver me. Thankfully a midwife was on call by the time I delivered.

Anyway, the morning after Clara was born, I had just gotten her settled and finally fallen asleep and this jerk doctor comes barging into the room, talking at the top of his lungs to announce he's now the doctor on call and proceeds to even come over and shake me. *** does that?!?! If I could have, I would punched him in the face.