JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   February 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1838-february-2013-playroom/)
-   -   soothing a colicking baby (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1838-february-2013-playroom/2635432-soothing-colicking-baby.html)

MiaVena March 17th, 2013 07:33 AM

soothing a colicking baby

well ive been dealing with a real colic-master here... and is getting really tiring. I have tried different ways and he just hangs onto me all the time and wont fall asleep in his own bed without a fight. Gas and pooping really gives him a hard time. I found this on YouTube and it actually worked! :D just sharing.. maybe it helps someone else too. The video is truly creepy tho... i love the top comments :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQUjMtQRUbg

AmyLM March 17th, 2013 09:25 AM

Re: soothing a colicking baby

My oldest had colic and for 3 months, every night st 5, the screaming would start. It was awful. Really truly awful. I gave her mylicon drops, dh and I would hold her in a hammock made out of a blanket and swing her back and forth. That worked but when we stopped the screaming would continue. Then I discovered the happiest baby on the block. The shooshing /shaking /swaddling worked wonders!

lisadlv March 17th, 2013 09:41 PM

Omgosh so River was totaly fussy and I havent been able to put her down all evening and then I turned this on and bam she was out. Thinking about seriously downloading. Thanks for the share maybe I can relax for a moment

calijk March 17th, 2013 10:58 PM

I put on that YouTube vid and he was out!

MiaVena March 18th, 2013 02:47 AM

im glad it works on other fussy babies too! :D

Rebelmommy March 18th, 2013 08:35 AM

I'm gonna try this tonight during Creightons fussy time.

Servilia March 18th, 2013 10:01 AM

I'll give this a try later!! Thanks

rosiewells March 18th, 2013 02:04 PM

Thank you for sharing! This works great, I tried it today. Lily stopped fussing almost immediately.

The top comments are funny!

Nyzira March 18th, 2013 03:44 PM

Holy crap that works well! Rose was out within 3 minutes. I also have a 1 hr mp3 of in utero sounds that I will play for her and it works pretty good but this worked faster.

Sassalota March 18th, 2013 04:14 PM

So I played it while Jo was screaming. He stopped screaming so he could hear it and then got a grouchy face and cried harder. LOL. I guess I have a tough crowd here.

teacher.123 March 20th, 2013 07:22 PM

The happiest baby on the block 5 S's worked wonders on my daughter. This guy.....not so much.

Sassalota March 23rd, 2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyLM (Post 27203277)
My oldest had colic and for 3 months, every night st 5, the screaming would start. It was awful. Really truly awful. I gave her mylicon drops, dh and I would hold her in a hammock made out of a blanket and swing her back and forth. That worked but when we stopped the screaming would continue. Then I discovered the happiest baby on the block. The shooshing /shaking /swaddling worked wonders!

I just wanted to thank you for sharing this. I googled that video and book and finally got to watch it today. All week I struggled with a fussy baby who would not stay asleep when I put him down and I watched that video. I tried the techniques while watching it and my baby has been sleeping by himself for over 2 hours! I haven't had a free arm in 3 weeks unless we did the sling but he weighs so much that hurts my back.

Anyone else dealing with a baby that fusses or doesn't want to be put down, get this now!

AmyLM March 23rd, 2013 09:33 PM

You're welcome! It gave us so much relief!