JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   February 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1838-february-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Any EBF mommies a "women" again (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1838-february-2013-playroom/2657018-any-ebf-mommies-women-again.html)

Sassalota June 7th, 2013 06:44 PM

Any EBF mommies a "women" again

I was just curious if any breastfeeding mommies are on their cycles. I feel like death this week. Tired, back pain, body aches, cravings, crabby. I think I might be having a hormonal cycle without the flow (if there is such a thing).

Either that, or I am pregnant again or possibly dieing.

mistletoe June 8th, 2013 07:51 AM

Re: Any EBF mommies a "women" again

I was wondering when this might strike. No sign yet. Although thank god a little estrogen appears to be flowing again (never been so happy to have to shave my arm pits). The lack thereof and it's charming effect on the elasticity of all sorts of parts of my body makes me feel and look (to my eyes) like the oldest new mom in the world.

Sassalota June 8th, 2013 11:06 AM

Does estrogen help with elasticity? I need some of that. I was wondering this morning when the last time I shaved my pits was. LOL. There was nothing there. Maybe it will be a while for me then.

rosiewells June 8th, 2013 02:57 PM

Nothing here yet. I did have an IUD put in a while ago, so I have on and off spotting from that. I too am curious when AF will be here again. My guess is when our little ones start solids?

mistletoe June 10th, 2013 01:57 PM

A nurse at my practice told me about the lack of estrogen causing reduced elasticity and thus prolonging the lovely stress incontinence problem back at 8 weeks when I called in a panic. (The doctor's reply was let me know how it is in six months...then we'll worry. Turns out he was right, it's slowly getting better.) It then occurred to me that at menopause, the lack of estrogen can also make women look older suddenly. So I put it together that my sad face in the mirror was not just exhaustion -- or sudden aging -- but rather that lack of estrogen. OK, and being really tired.

(I admit here that I just bought myself a really nice jar of face cream that people swear by in helping cheer things up a bit.)

Sassalota June 10th, 2013 02:35 PM

That is actually great news because I have had control issue too. It s getting better but nice to know more help is on the way.

LuckyOne June 13th, 2013 07:43 PM

I ebf and have had two periods already. With dd1 I got it when she was four months. I did have AF symptoms without the flow at about month two.

wishing June 17th, 2013 11:09 AM

I am exclusively breastfeeding but I have had my period pretty consistently since the birth :(

tryn1998 June 23rd, 2013 10:38 AM

I had 1 period at 6wks and haven't had one since. I started with DS at 4 mos so we will see how long I go this time around.

Servilia June 23rd, 2013 07:44 PM

Yes mine came back at 11 weeks pp. the joy!

dannimom June 26th, 2013 12:55 PM

No sign of AF for me.

Krysie August 6th, 2013 10:23 PM

AF came for her first visit since giving birth last week. was worried about being pregnant again but yay for me.

stephanieaehenley August 19th, 2013 12:36 PM

No sign of AF here but with my son I got it at 8 months PP so will see how long it takes this time

Rebelmommy August 20th, 2013 03:07 PM

I still haven't had even 1 PP AF :( which stinks because I am anxious to start TTC again