JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   February 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1961-february-2014-playroom/)
-   -   crampy and very light spotting? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1961-february-2014-playroom/2659432-crampy-and-very-light-spotting.html)

vmarie2013 June 17th, 2013 09:32 PM

crampy and very light spotting?

so i am 4 weeks and 1 day today.. ive been testing positive for the last 5 days on the cheap $1 pregnancy tests.. this mornings "result line" was just as dark as the control line.. so i know that my hormones are obviously doubling up because every morning the line gets darker... anyways.. my concern is the very minimal spotting... 2 days ago i spotted brown (only noticed it when i checked my cervical position)... last night i checked my cervix and i some red tinged blood on my finger.. and then again today im very LIGHT brown discharge.. but its not enough for a tampon or pad.. as i mentioned before its only noticeable when i check my cervix position (which is medium high and soft).. any other ladies experiencing this or has experienced this in the past? good luck to all you other ladies that are due in February!!! :D

Jibby June 17th, 2013 10:41 PM

Re: crampy and very light spotting?

I had a tiny bit of bright red spotting after having sex right after my bfp. It hasn't happened since and I'm still quite pregnant and my tests got increasingly darker as well. Lot more blood flow to your cervix right now and crampy is totally normal. Its not normal "cramps" you are feeling...its your uterus and everything around it expanding. Maybe call your doc. I wouldn't sweat it though. Congrats!!!!

vmarie2013 June 17th, 2013 11:07 PM

thank you so much... it just scares me.. this is my second child but i never experienced any cramping or spotting with her.. so it just makes me paranoid

KAB June 18th, 2013 02:31 AM

It's hard to say what's normal, but maybe your dr will see you early?

SuperMartianRobotMom6 June 18th, 2013 04:50 AM

I spotted my whole first trimester with DS. You checking your cervix daily can cause irritation that leads to spotting too.

silleme June 18th, 2013 05:12 AM

It could very well be normal. I recommend leaving your cervix be once pregnancy is confirmed. You don't want to irritate it or get an infection. You may want to give your doctor a call for peace of mind. Good luck and congratulations!

SmilingSam June 18th, 2013 05:59 AM

:ditto:

shell1981 June 18th, 2013 06:14 AM

I was going to say the same as the others. If you start to cramp like bad af cramps and you start to bleed red blood then get checked out.