JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   February 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1961-february-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Monday Take it or Leave it (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1961-february-2014-playroom/2674932-monday-take-leave.html)

melissalaw August 26th, 2013 12:11 PM

Monday Take it or Leave it

http://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...6dab99867e.jpg

Who plans on using cloths diapers?

I will most likely use disposable diapers. I have used them with both of my other babies and for us they just work better. I work full time so having to wash and take care of cloth diapers just doesn't work for me. But I think the cloth diapers are so cute and wish I had the time to do it.

SarahAbram84 August 26th, 2013 12:22 PM

Re: Monday Take it or Leave it

I want to attempt cloth diapers. To begin with, I will start with both and see what works for us.

azmommie August 26th, 2013 12:27 PM

I would love to use cloth diapers, but I too work full time and barely manage the laundry now. I have though about buying some for at my mom's house (she watches my children for me) just to save on some of the cost. They are so darling and have come a long way since we were kids.

melaniek85 August 26th, 2013 01:24 PM

We will be using disposable. I looked into cloth, I'm not so sure how I feel about it. Dh is completely against it.

sarha81 August 26th, 2013 01:27 PM

As a full-time working mom, I cannot imagine finding a moment to scrub poop and launder them. BUT, I find them adorable and think they probably do save money (if you have an efficient washer and buy the right kinds/right sizes)

mama_2_Callen August 26th, 2013 01:29 PM

I think they are adorable but dh is against it. And that's not a fight worth fighting.

smsturner August 26th, 2013 03:40 PM

I'd love to, but I'm a full time working mom too. No daycare wants them that's for sure lol

amazing_love August 26th, 2013 03:45 PM

I've used them and there are definitely benefits but I prefer disposables for convenience. I plan to use disposables with this baby unless i find reason to dig the cloth diapers out of storage.

NewGurl August 26th, 2013 04:36 PM

not for me i did the math once and it whould cost me more just to wash them (we dont have a washer so everything is done at the laundromat) then what i spend on disposables. there not really my style to start with and my kids allready got a big enough butt with out the fluff lol.

MummytoB August 26th, 2013 05:32 PM

We used disposables for DS and good lord, we went through a lot. I'm going to see how cloth diapering goes for us this go 'round. DH is totally with me on the idea. I don't work so the extra laundry is no biggie for me. If we decide cloth diapering isn't for us then it isn't the end of the world.

Also, I have a sewing machine and I plan to learn how to sew my own cloth diapers. I have a few patterns I'm going to try out. We'll see how well that goes. :lol:

UncetainMommy August 26th, 2013 06:04 PM

Not us. Even if we didn't find the idea kinda icky, we do all of our laundry at the laundry mat, and sometimes we don't get there quite as soon as we'd like.

SmilingSam August 26th, 2013 06:08 PM

I would love to cloth diaper. I've looked into but husband is not on board. He just can't imagine washing his clothes in the same machine as poopy/pee diapers. He's not really the kind to sit and watch a video on YouTube about it either. If I can find a source of diapers I might buy a few to try here and there, just for fun. If I like it, who knows! So I guess for now it's a "leave it".

SkyBaby August 26th, 2013 06:11 PM

Not us, either. I am sorta on the fence about it, but DH is totally anti cloth diapers. I don't like the idea of scraping poop off either lol. I'd try it if someone happened to give me a couple, but otherwise, no.

denalibear August 26th, 2013 06:12 PM

I will cloth diaper...I already have a small stash started. Mostly pre folds and covers but would love more pocket and all in one diapers.

cutenurse24 August 26th, 2013 08:39 PM

I am going to use disposable diapers. I don't have the time or patience to clean diapers. I am going to have my hands full with a five year old and a newborn at the same time.

I just want to put this out there for those who are thinking of using cloth diapers, my friend used cloth diapers with her kids and actually used a cloth diapering service. They would give her clean diapers and take away the dirty ones.

caliroo34 August 26th, 2013 11:59 PM

We'll be cloth diapering :) I love the idea and my SO is completely on board. I've gone mildly hippie recently so this is only a natural progression for me. Plus, anything that saves money is a bonus in my book.

Brookem August 28th, 2013 12:26 AM

Disposable. I am a full on recycling, reusable, organic loving mom but cloth diapers did not work for us the first time around.

I'm skipping it this time and contributing to the landfills. I am such a bad hippie. :( :treehug: