JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   February 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1961-february-2014-playroom/)
-   -   So I almost passed out today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1961-february-2014-playroom/2682619-so-i-almost-passed-out-today.html)

Jibby September 30th, 2013 09:51 PM

So I almost passed out today

Dh and I were finalizing the loan for our new car when I got insanely hot and light headed. I got up to go the bathroom and couldn't walk. It was extremely scary...I say on the cool tile for a bi and chugged some water and felt better.

It was very scary....I think I was dehydrated and have been doing too much lately. My bil is staying with us for a month and I've been crazy busy. :(

Cyn September 30th, 2013 09:57 PM

Re: So I almost passed out today

Oh no slow down girl and take care of you! That sounds really scary!

SmilingSam October 1st, 2013 12:11 AM

I know the feeling you are describing! I'm so glad you caught it and drank water. :hug:

rnholly October 1st, 2013 05:13 AM

This has happened to me at work a couple times. I always sit down and get some water. It passes fairly quickly. Still scary though

melissalaw October 1st, 2013 05:53 AM

Glad your ok. I have felt really dizzy several times but haven't almost passed out. Just make sure that your staying hydrated and eat.

JenMW October 1st, 2013 07:03 AM

I'm so glad you are ok. I did pass out when I was pregnant with my daughter....I've learned that I always need to keep something with protein in it handy. I usually have peanut butter crackers on hand. You may want to try this if it something that occurs often,..for me it is!

SarahAbram84 October 1st, 2013 11:26 AM

Glad you are okay! Water + electrolytes!

Have you had bloodwork done/nutrient levels checked?

Had mine checked at 6 weeks and everything was normal.

Checked again a few weeks later and my iron was low. Crazy how quickly the baby can suck us dry!

SkyBaby October 1st, 2013 12:18 PM

That is such a scary sensation. Good call on the sitting down and water. Do take it easy. Your health and your baby's health are both more important than anything else.

I haven't had that with this baby, but with DD, I nearly passed out in the shower and had to use a shower stool and use only cooler water every time I showered. I got over heated very, very easily with her. I think the heat of my usual warm but not hot water temp is what set me off.

callista83 October 1st, 2013 07:31 PM

Yeah we all tend to get a bit light headed. Make sure you stand up slowly and keep hydrated!

Kalia20 October 2nd, 2013 07:15 AM

Ive passed out several times and my knees have scars on them. Wonderful. I stay out of the sun for long periods of time, drink Gatorade everyday and eat something salty everyday (midwife orders due to low blood pressure. She said its unusual for her to recommend salty food and more caffeine but is needed in my case). If you DO ever pass out so long as you dont land on your stomach or head you're ok doesnt affect the baby. Stand up slowly too that can cause dizziness