JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   February 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1961-february-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Worry warts? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1961-february-2014-playroom/2683439-worry-warts.html)

tlp2214 October 4th, 2013 07:03 AM

Worry warts?

I babysat my god daughter for a few hours yesterday, and I guess I did more lifting than normal (she is 6 months). I experienced some real sharp cramps, and some dizzy spells. Even after I had a normal doctor visit yesterday morning and baby's heartbeat was normal and she was active, I got worried after my busy day because she didn't seem as active last night in the evening, and I had those weird symptoms during the day.

I psyched myself out until I finally relaxed and she ended up moving a lot late at night, and has been active this morning (phew).

How do you ladies get past your moments of worry?! I'm a FTM and I know anything can happen, and sometimes worry just creeps in. It didn't help that my best friend was telling me about stories from her mom's OB office where a lady just lost her baby at 38 weeks. :(

Its hard not to fret with so much possible negativity! :(

melissalaw October 4th, 2013 08:04 AM

Re: Worry warts?

I don't know why people feel the need to share terrible stories with pregnant women. Don't they know that those kinds of stories drive us mad and worry us to death. I just try to focus on my little one moving around in there and not let the worry get to me.

tlp2214 October 4th, 2013 08:08 AM

I know! Its frustrating. I know things can happen, but its not good to hear about them a lot or to think about them if you can avoid it!

Not to say offering support to those who have lost should be avoided also, because its great to be there for one another, but its just hard to take in random stories and not form your own worry from it.

Kalia20 October 4th, 2013 08:31 AM

The worry never ends. After baby is born its all new worries and change with time. It's normal, sucks, but normal. I look at it like thats the sign of a good mom that cares. I'd be concerned over a mom that *doesnt* worry about things.

With movement I try not to worry although I do because I *think* it's 26 weeks we're supposed to start counting kicks? Correct me if Im wrong.

mama_2_Callen October 4th, 2013 09:26 AM

I really don't worry that much. Its just not my personality. I don't worry about anything. I just take it day by day and know that bad things happen and will deal with it if it happens. Worrying isn't going to stop bad things from happening it just stresses me out so I try not to worry. Honestly I've been a lot happier since I've stopped freaking out about everything. I used to worry a lot and it was bad for me I got panic attacks so I try to stay calm. It is so much better.

PrettyMommy October 4th, 2013 01:42 PM

I don't know why people do that either. As if I'm not already worried. Don't freaking tell me about the pregnant stories that end tragic. I mean who needs that? I of course still fret. I have with every pregnancy though so this one isn't more sensitive then the others lol. I actually take comfort in this pregnancy because it so far is very normal despite his heart issue. I try to just go about my days as normal. I still lift my 2 yr old and carry him around, I carry grocery bags in the house and I try and move around as much as I can for some exercise. I try to remember that being pregnant isn't a handicap and unless you have an issue you can usually go about life normally with a few exceptions on things.

mommyluneyburd October 5th, 2013 08:10 AM

I am still picking up my four yr and carring him around. We just finished moving, just my DH and myself. I was completely woren out and sore, but felt better after some rest. I am a complete worry wart. Usually not about my pregnancy though. This time is different. I think it is because I am older this time.