JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   February 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1961-february-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Baby Shower Timing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1961-february-2014-playroom/2688030-baby-shower-timing.html)

RIPcitymommaT October 24th, 2013 12:54 PM

Baby Shower Timing

I am due 2/6. My mom and sister in law are throwing a big party for us, not just girls, everyone, which will be awesome. The only thing is that they don't want to do it in December, so it is scheduled for JANUARY 11, when I will be 36 weeks. What do you ladies think? Too late, or it will be ok? Almost all baby gear will come from the presents we receive at the party. So last minute or no big deal?:preggo:

Elessara October 24th, 2013 01:07 PM

Re: Baby Shower Timing

Mine is scheduled for Jan 17 and I'm due Feb 13/17. I don't really have a say in it so I say just roll with it.
I'm sure most will have their gift ready beforehand so if little critter comes early I'm sure folks won't mind handing over the necessities early.

Kalia20 October 24th, 2013 01:34 PM

Not having one this time, but friends was 17 weeks, his family was in Nov I think (Due Feb 2 first time) they say it's bad luck to have one before 7 months. Whatever I guess. My moms side did after baby was born so they could meet her cause we all live too far away.

I dont think Jan is too late. Whenever works.

MarieInTX83 October 24th, 2013 03:03 PM

I am having mine the 2nd weekend of November, I won't be 7 months just yet but I have never heard of the superstition about bad luck to have one prior to 7 months. Now I'm freaked out lol!
I am due Feb 2nd but it was either do one early November or in January. I don't think it is too late to have yours in January. We sort of lose 2 months due to the holidays and it's a little hard to plan a shower near Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Brookem October 24th, 2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarieInTX83 (Post 27757444)
I am having mine the 2nd weekend of November, I won't be 7 months just yet but I have never heard of the superstition about bad luck to have one prior to 7 months. Now I'm freaked out lol!
I am due Feb 2nd but it was either do one early November or in January. I don't think it is too late to have yours in January. We sort of lose 2 months due to the holidays and it's a little hard to plan a shower near Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Meh, don't worry about it. I have heard it's GOOD luck to do it before 7 months ;) ;) ;) ;)

Aggiedoc October 24th, 2013 11:04 PM

Mine is also the second weekend of November!

acchickpea October 25th, 2013 05:11 AM

For my first I had my co-ed shower on the last week of June and had baby the first week of August.... I felt it was plenty of time to get things ready for baby... I say it's a good amount of time and it's no big deal :)
My concern was how much energy I would have to entertain everyone but I felt great. Hope you do too!

mama_2_Callen October 25th, 2013 06:33 AM

When I was pregnant wth my son I had my shower feb 28 and he was born the next weekend and it was fine. He was born two weeks early though but still about the same timing as yours. Honestly it will help the last couple weeks go faster if you want cuz you will be setting everything up from your shower. My opinion anyway.

tlp2214 October 25th, 2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarieInTX83 (Post 27757444)

I'm due the same day and I'm having mine in Thanksgiving for the same reasons. Just wanna make sure I have everything ready and that the holidays aren't too stressful.

sammyjo83 October 25th, 2013 06:21 PM

I, too, am having mine the second weekend of November. We scheduled it so that it would be before the holidays hit.