JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   February 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1961-february-2014-playroom/)
-   -   I get to attempt a vbac! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1961-february-2014-playroom/2691192-i-get-to-attempt-vbac.html)

melaniek85 November 8th, 2013 02:00 PM

I get to attempt a vbac!

Just an update. So my ob won't let me attempt a vbac because they require at least 18 months between births, it will only be 15 months between births. I was trying to be ok with Rcs but I'm just not, I really want to attempt a vbac. Well I finally met with a midwife today from a midwifery group in the area and I loved her and what she had to say and the office was really nice. So I decided to switch! My first appointment will be Dec 3rd.

I will be going for mostly unmedicated (will use antibiotics if gbs+ again) vbac and the midwife suggested I look into hypno birthing. I can't afford the class they have around here so I was looking for books/CDs I can do at home. Does anyone have any suggestions of any good hypno birthing books etc.?

smsturner November 8th, 2013 02:03 PM

Re: I get to attempt a vbac!

Oh I'm glad you'll be able to try!! :) Good luck!

melaniek85 November 8th, 2013 02:03 PM

Thank you!

OscarsPaprika November 8th, 2013 03:09 PM

I don't have any suggestions, but yaaaay for you getting to try!!! :):):)

10x_A_Mommy November 8th, 2013 03:35 PM

Thats awesome! I think I still have all the hypnobabies tracks in my computer, if so I can send them to you. Gimme a couple days and if you don't hear from me by monday pm me to remind me. I don't get a lot of time on the desktop lol.

melaniek85 November 8th, 2013 04:48 PM

Thanks! I'm so excited about this. I was super nervous about the idea of a vbac but after meeting and talking to her, I feel totally comfortable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom_of_8 (Post 27786998)
Thats awesome! I think I still have all the hypnobabies tracks in my computer, if so I can send them to you. Gimme a couple days and if you don't hear from me by monday pm me to remind me. I don't get a lot of time on the desktop lol.

Oh wow, that would be great! Thank you!

shell1981 November 8th, 2013 04:53 PM

Yey for vbac!! I haven't got any idea about hypno birthing but I hope you find something that helps!

NewGurl November 8th, 2013 05:41 PM

omg so happy for you that is great news

SkyBaby November 8th, 2013 06:37 PM

Yay!! I am so happy for you!!

melaniek85 November 9th, 2013 08:01 AM

Thanks ladies!

StacyNMatt November 11th, 2013 04:45 AM

YAY! I hope you get to have the birth that you are hoping for! :) Sending you VBAC vibes!!!

melissalaw November 11th, 2013 07:50 AM

Yay Melanie I'm so happy for you!! And so glad that Jessica is helping you out. I know there are also some on You Tube. I had thought about looking into hypno birthing also. I am reading the Bradley Method book right now.

cutenurse24 November 11th, 2013 09:46 PM

I am so happy for your my DDB!!! I am glad that you are getting to attempt a vbac right along with me :D So glad that you found a midwife :D

rnholly November 12th, 2013 05:32 AM

Great news!

melaniek85 November 12th, 2013 07:58 AM

Thanks ladies! I also possibly found a doula to attend the birth! I'm trying to do everything I can to hopefully be successful. I'm so excited!

Cyn November 13th, 2013 12:28 AM

So so happy for you!! That's wonderful news! I hope I can join you and the other gals VBACing!!!