JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   February 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1961-february-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Baby Movements and Kick Counts (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1961-february-2014-playroom/2705010-baby-movements-and-kick-counts.html)

melissalaw January 24th, 2014 10:57 AM

Baby Movements and Kick Counts

Just wondering how often your baby moves around. Is it at the same time everyday? sometimes does baby move alot and other times just for a few minutes? Are you doing kick counts? How often do you do them?

My baby is moving around a little bit less than he used to and I'm guessing it is because he is running out of room. He is usually really active around 5 in the morning and then at nighttime around 8 or 9. Seems like at those times I can feel him moving for around an hour or so. Seems like he has longer period of movements than my other two boys did. And then at other times during the day I just feel him move for a little bit and then I guess he goes back to sleep.

My dr told me to just pick the most active time of day and try to make sure that I can feel 10 movements within an hour. He told me I only needed to do it once a day but I usually make sure I get 10 movements in the morning and 10 at night.

melaniek85 January 24th, 2014 11:28 AM

Re: Baby Movements and Kick Counts

I swear this baby never stops moving lol. He has a lot of active times during the day and hasn't slowed down even though we are getting toward the end. I don't do kick counts, if I notice I haven't felt him move in a awhile then I will but that hasn't happened yet.

MandyMae833 January 24th, 2014 11:31 AM

Movements are really slow and drawn out. Very quite at night when it used to be her active time, but still active in the late evening.
She gets hick ups at 10pm on the dot just like her brother did :)

Jibby January 24th, 2014 12:09 PM

I've never done kick counts. I don't even see how that's helpful. Babies move differently. Gwen is active very specific times of the day, just how she is. She would fail kick counts constantly despite every ultra sound being perfect. I would be living in labor and delivery lol. She is very active between 730 and 10, for a bit after I eat lunch then between 830 and 11 am. She also moves in the wee hours but I don't always catch it.

SmilingSam January 24th, 2014 12:19 PM

Baby moved a bunch. She definitely had awake times and asleep times. Lately her new trick is trying to bust out of my right side by stretching her foot. Ouch. No kick counts here. I generally feel her most of the day so I don't worry.

NewGurl January 24th, 2014 12:57 PM

Kylie varies alot sometimes shes a little jumping bean others she sleeps for hours. I was told to start doing kick counts after my version but i dont. I do make sure shes active every day but i dont count im not going to l&d every time i have less then 10 movements in an hr thats ridiculous babys arnt supposed to move constantly.

RIPcitymommaT January 24th, 2014 01:02 PM

Ripley is active through the day but VERY active for about an hour every night around 9am. No kick counts but I just make sure she's moving enough every day.

MummytoB January 24th, 2014 04:13 PM

She's been VERY active lately. Way more active than usual. I do kick counts 2-3 times a day even though my dr told me it's only needed once a day. I get paranoid.

callista83 January 25th, 2014 07:13 PM

She still moves a lot and because she is so big and there is no room, every movement HURTS. Some really bad. She has periods of quiet and periods of awake though. I don't do counts and my doctor hasn't mentioned them at all, probably since it's #4. As long as I feel multiple movements a few times a day I'm happy.