JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   February 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1961-february-2014-playroom/)
-   -   New Pic of Sammy (got his chest closed, yay!!) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1961-february-2014-playroom/2706245-new-pic-sammy-got-his-chest-closed-yay.html)

PrettyMommy February 1st, 2014 08:42 PM

New Pic of Sammy (got his chest closed, yay!!)

So my little warrior got his chest closed on Thursday and has been doing really good. He is off dialysis and even off a few meds including one of the blood pressure meds. He is stable and having no issues so far. They started feeding him again and he is tolerating it well. They are waiting until he heals up to put him back on breastmilk so he is still on the special formula right now. His little body is still swollen on his torso but I imagine it would be after just having your ribs and breast bone pushed back into place and skin sewn up. Hopefully it will go down in the next few days. They are also working towards getting the breathing tube out maybe in the next 2-3 days. But docs and nurses are so proud of him and amazed. He is cruising along and doing quite well. I'm still just praying nothing goes wrong again but so far all is looking good and he is on his way to recovering so he can come on home. Here's a pic of him from today, I caught him awake. He was very unhappy and crying his little head off. As much as he could at least with that breathing tube in. Couldn't hear much but he was very unhappy with the nurse messing with him so she had to give him a little morphine to calm him and help any pain he was having.
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...psuwbvx11n.jpg

mommyluneyburd February 1st, 2014 08:57 PM

Re: New Pic of Sammy (got his chest closed, yay!!)

Thanks for sharing the picture. He is amazing!

Jibby February 1st, 2014 08:59 PM

Oh my goodness he is the cutest little thing EVER!!!! I am so glad he continues to heal. What a MIRACLE that little guy is. Thank you for sharing him with us!

SkyBaby February 1st, 2014 09:03 PM

He is so precious! What a strong little man! Im still praying for Samir and you. You're a fighter and a champ, too momma!

SmilingSam February 1st, 2014 10:11 PM

He is such a fighter. A miracle. :wub: :heart:

10x_A_Mommy February 2nd, 2014 06:05 AM

Awwwe look at all that hair! So handsome :) I hope he continues to improve and is home soon. Have your other kids got to see him yet?

PrettyMommy February 2nd, 2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10x_A_Mommy (Post 27936737)
Awwwe look at all that hair! So handsome :) I hope he continues to improve and is home soon. Have your other kids got to see him yet?

Yeah that hair is so cute. One of his regular nurses, Becky, has a special comb just for him and she comes his hair all the time for him. She always give him that spiked look lol. The kids have only seen him on pics. The PICU is strict right now about visitors during flu season. So no children can come visit. They likely won't see him in person until he comes home. Hoping that is within a few weeks, he is already off both blood pressure meds and still coming down on more things. After the meds are gone it's just a matter of getting him to breastfeed and/or suck a bottle. He was already pretty accustomed to his binkie so I'm sure the feeding will be easy except for the fact he will likely tire easily due to his heart. But hey, you never know. They said he was unlikely to do a lot of stuff that he has so we will see.

rnholly February 2nd, 2014 11:41 AM

He's so cute! What a fighter. Thanks for the update!

caliroo34 February 2nd, 2014 01:53 PM

He's just SO adorable

NewGurl February 2nd, 2014 01:56 PM

so glad to hear he is improveing. he has been such a fighter im in awe of you guys.

victoria0294 February 2nd, 2014 01:58 PM

Congrats I'm so happy for you!!!
Haha yeah they will let the nurses know when they're not happy with them... Melody knew they were going to prick her heel (they had to do it a lot) and she kicked the nurse lol.

I'm so glad Samir is doing so well, and hopefully his NICU stay will be short so you can take him home soon!!

sarha81 February 3rd, 2014 09:54 AM

My heart is bursting with happiness right now that Samir is doing so well and looks good. praying for continual good news. Thank you for sharing. Give him lots of love from his due date fan club. xoxo

melaniek85 February 3rd, 2014 10:28 AM

I'm so happy to head he's doing so well! He is such a strong little guy. He's so cute!!

tlp2214 February 3rd, 2014 12:14 PM

He is so so so cute!!!!!! He is such a little miracle!

callista83 February 3rd, 2014 07:02 PM

So glad to hear good news! Love his head of hair and so great to see him awake! He is a trooper and I bet he can't wait to meet his siblings. You are an awesome and strong mother too for being there for him during this time. Keep remembering to take care of yourself!

silleme February 3rd, 2014 08:29 PM

What a strong beautiful little boy! He is precious! I am so glad to hear the good news!

melissalaw February 4th, 2014 08:13 AM

He is absolutely adorable. So glad that he is getting better.

Aggiedoc February 4th, 2014 10:47 AM

He is so cute! I llloooovveeee his hair!!!! What an inspirational little one!

dahmommy February 4th, 2014 11:26 AM

Hi is sooooo Precious!!!! So glad he is doing well!!!