JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Fertility Charting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f244-fertility-charting/)
-   -   First month charting, does this look like ovulation? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f244-fertility-charting/2552354-first-month-charting-does-look-like-ovulation.html)

jellybean93 July 23rd, 2012 05:53 AM

First month charting, does this look like ovulation?

Hi ladies!

Okay, this is my first month charting. Came off BCP in Jan and got my withdrawl bleed, then AF only came again in July. So my body is abit out of wack still!
Anyways, please take a look at my chart and let me know if you think ive ovulated or not? FF says no ovulation detected...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a4b18//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Thanks a mil! :)

DaphneDog July 23rd, 2012 09:40 AM

Re: First month charting, does this look like ovulation?

It's my first month, too. Here's mine. I think they look similar!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3df393/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Tracker

June87 July 23rd, 2012 10:20 AM

Ok, well, jellybean's chart looks like ovulation might be about to happen, but simply judging from the temperatures on your chart anything can still happen. Your temperature could either keep rising, or your temperature could plummet again.
Right now, CD 10 is the highest of the cluster of six with 96.6, CD 15 is 0.2F higher with 96.8. For your evaluation to be successfully completed, your temps from CD 16 and 17 have to be at least at 96.8, while one of those has to be 0.4F higher than the temp from CD 10. So, if CD 16 or 17 is at least 96.8 and one at least 97.0 you're fine. If they do not reach 97.0 but remain at 96.8 or .9 you will have to wait on CD 18 to see if this one reaches 97.0 or higher. If it is you're fine, if not the evaluation will be unsuccessful at this point. The coverline of 96.7 is not valid anymore and you would have to wait and see if there will be another rise in temperature at a later time.
In case a temp from CD 16 or 17 falls to 96.7 or lower you will have to start counting again from the day after the temp dropped. The temps would have to follow along the same ranges as explained above.

Daphne, your case is more or less the same but with different temperatures. As it seems, however, you chart two decimals behind the comma. I know there are thermometers which display two decimals behind the comma for Fahrenheit, but that is unnecessary. For FAM one decimal (96.5, 96.6 etc.) is enough and the charts are not really made for two decimals.
So, assuming that CD 14 was 97.45 or something, this would have to be considered 97.4. In this case, your block of six temps would be from CD 11 to 16, with CD 14 being the highest. Your temperature of CD 17 would be the appropriate 0.2F above 97.4. Hence, if your temp keeps rising and one of the temps of CD 18 and 19 rises to at least 97.8 or higher you should be fine after CD 19.
In case these temps remain at least at 97.6 or 97.7 you would have to wait on CD 20 to see if this one is at 97.8. If it is, you're fine, if not the evaluation will not be successful and you will have to wait to see if at a later time you will have another shift in temperature. The coverline of 97.5, however, would not be valid anymore!
And if the temps on CD 18 or 19 drop to 97.5 or lower you will have to start counting again from the day after the drop. And your temps would also have to follow the ranges I explained for your case.

I know this is a lot of info, but I guess right now all you guys can do is wait ;)

jellybean93 July 24th, 2012 02:13 AM

Thanks June, i know i just needed to wait but i got a little excited and waiting seemed impossible :P Daphne, i hope you got a higher temp this morning!

Unfortunately, mine plummeted again, so either ovulation is still coming or im out this month. I wasnt expecting ovulation this month as i am on my first cylce since Jan so being a little greedy here :P

Anyways, here's my chart with the temp drop this morning...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a4b18//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

jellybean93 July 26th, 2012 01:16 PM

Are these HUGE temp drops normal?!

hopingfor2bri July 27th, 2012 03:26 AM

They are normal for pre ovulation but after o you normally see a more steady pattern with a few occasional dips ( sometimes an implantation dip or just a random slit dip) that are still above your coverline until the end of your cycle when your temps either stay high if pregnant or drop drastically for pending af. It looks like based on the drop and ewcm your body geared up to o but then didn't. This I all very normal right after getting off birth control. You will know for sure that you ovulated when you have a temp spike followed by at least 3 consecutive temps above your coverline ( the highest of the 6 previous temps before detected ovulation. When this happens Fertility friend will give you crosshairs ( the red graphic lines that separate your chart right at the day of ovulation. If I were you I would do 3 things. Check out the chart gallery in fertility friend, invest in the best ttc with charting book ever taking charge of your fertility and lastly make sure you are using a basal body temp thermometer and taking your temp at the exact same time every day after at least 3 consecutive hoursof sleep and before you do any moving aroundor even talking. Lastly if you chart for a few more months and your temps stay erratic, try vaginal temping it is more accurate and gives steadier temps bc even sleeping with your mouth open can change your temp. I hope this helps a little and good luck in the crazy world of ttc!!!!!

bellabri287 July 27th, 2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellybean93 (Post 26321923)
Are these HUGE temp drops normal?!

No, I would discard those 2 giant temp dips, they look funky. Maybe you had your mouth open overnight?

jellybean93 August 5th, 2012 03:19 PM

Sorry for late replying...

Hopingfor2bri - Thanks so much for all of that info!

Bellabri287 - I guess that could be a possibility? Maybe i should swop to vaginally and see if my temps are still so erratic.

On a side note... i had my free testosterone levels tested and they came back very high, doc is dead set on diagnosing with pcos.... i just want to know if its possible to have high levels when coming off the pill or anything else that could cause this?