JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Fertility Charting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f244-fertility-charting/)
-   -   A couple temping questions. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f244-fertility-charting/2663692-couple-temping-questions.html)

wvufan67 July 5th, 2013 09:11 AM

A couple temping questions.

Is it necessary to temp when AF is around? Does it hurt to take it a little early?

THE angry uterus July 5th, 2013 11:34 AM

Re: A couple temping questions.

You don't have to temp when AF is around but you generally need 5-6 days of temps before you can determine a thermal shift and if you ovulate early you could miss the shift. Plus for me its easier since then I just stay in the habit of temping and I don't forget. I've lately been missing a lot of temps cause I've been having migraines then I forget to start temping again. :/

PinkHurricane July 5th, 2013 11:42 AM

I just started temping for a full cycle and I plan to temp during AF. I want to have a good idea of what my body's natural cycle is in general!

THE angry uterus July 5th, 2013 11:45 AM

Also when temping during AF its common for you to have erratic temps as your hormones are fluctuating at that time. :)

wvufan67 July 8th, 2013 12:50 PM

Thank you.

hazeleyes July 9th, 2013 07:00 PM

As this is my first cycle after getting off HBC I am planning to temp during AF probably for six months, to get a baseline of what my temps are like. But I am paranoid like that ;)

wvufan67 July 9th, 2013 07:16 PM

Haha me too! i guess i'll continue to temp during AF

acchickpea July 10th, 2013 06:28 AM

I think it's a good idea to temp during AF... This way you can have a better read on your cycle since Day 1 is the start of AF....
If you miss it though it's not that big of a deal.... just as long as you catch a few days prior to your ovulation time which usually ranges from Day 9-15... Everybody is different that's why the range is so vast.... Some could actually ovulate later then that range too!
Anyways... GL with charting! Hope you get a nice baseline...
Just remember that the temps are good to take at a consistent time everyday usually before you get out of bed in the morning.

wvufan67 July 10th, 2013 08:01 PM

Thanks!

WaitinginNJ September 5th, 2013 08:34 AM

Do you have to temp before you get out of bed? Like can I get up and go temp in the bathroom lol? Not sure DH cares to sit there while I temp every morning LOL, and umm idk I think I would feel awkward!

wvufan67 September 5th, 2013 10:24 AM

No. lol you have to temp before you get out of bed talk or do anything..

jellybean93 September 5th, 2013 02:06 PM

I think it depends on how accurate you want your chart to be, really. I temp during AF but I know of loads of women who don't. I guess its a personal choice but for me I try to make sure I get a good valid temp ever single day so that when O finally shows up (currently sitting on CD48!) I will be able to spot it and won't think "darn, I wish I had those temps!"

Taking your temp earlier than usual could drastically affect it, or it could not really affect it at all. Each person is different in how sensitive they are to those kinds of factors so it is impossible to tell you if it will make a difference for YOU.

WaitinginNJ: You need to take your temp first thing when you wake up. Before speaking, etc. The temp you're trying to record is your resting temperature, it would be best to take it while we are still sleeping but (obviously) we can't because we are sleeping lol so the next best thing is the moment we wake up. This will give us the most accurate reading. Be sure to get enough sleep too, it also needs to be uninterrupted (no early morning bathroom breaks, etc).

Good luck ladies!

85monika September 9th, 2013 07:13 AM

As far as I can tell you, you're supposed to temp after at least three hours of uniterrupted sleep. Also, I think you don't need to temp with Af, as the temp shift is important at later phase of your cycle.