JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Fertility Charting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f244-fertility-charting/)
-   -   new to charting bbt...help (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f244-fertility-charting/2676634-new-to-charting-bbt-help.html)

jenjerm712 September 4th, 2013 09:45 AM

new to charting bbt...help

Ok so I have been charting cm and cervix position last two cycles along with ovulation predictor tests....this is my first cycle using bbt as well. I am not doing so well at it...cycle day 1went and bought new bb thermometer. All temps have been taken after 7+ hours sleep, at 6am, no moving or drinking the second my alarm goes off I take it..CD2 97.58 CD3 97.45 CD4 97.47 CD5 96.89 CD6-7 no temp :-( CD8 97.03 cm wet neg o test CD9 96.28 cm sticky neg o test. I'm expecting O between Sept 5th and 9th ...I didn't think temps jumped around that much??? Is there something else I should be doing? I really want this to be our month otherwise gotta take a two month brake any advice or suggestions?

WaitinginNJ September 5th, 2013 08:26 AM

Re: new to charting bbt...help

I have no idea lol. This is my first time temping too. We can learn together! I have to stop at the store and pick up a bbt, I am only on CD3 so I read that it was ok to start temping at the tail end of AF. I will pick it up today and see what happens!

jellybean93 September 5th, 2013 01:56 PM

Are you taking your temps orally? I found that my temps were very erratic and once I switched to vaginally, the seemed to stabilize a whole lot. Here is my chart taken orally: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/i...p?d=2012-07-09

My chart with vaginal temps is in my siggy :)
As you can see, a HUGE difference! Maybe it is worth giving that a go? You would only be able to start doing that from next cycle though, so see how things progress this cycle orally and if it seems to be fluctuating too much then I think it would be a good idea to switch. Mouth breathing while you're sleeping have such an impact on your chart and give you an inaccurate representation of what's actually going on...

Good luck!

WaitinginNJ September 8th, 2013 07:09 PM

How do you temp vaginally? like how far are you supposed to put it in lol?

85monika September 9th, 2013 07:06 AM

I usually temp and enter my cm and it's enough for ovufriend to give me solid line = confirmed ovulation, so I guess it's enough.Grils, if you're newbies at temping try ovufriend, it's really great charting tool, perfect for beginners!

jellybean93 September 9th, 2013 12:27 PM

Just like you would orally... pop it in! haha! Just pop the tip in, far enough that you feel it would get a good reading of your "warmth" :D I mean, you don't need to stick it THAT far up, but I like to good a goooood reading ;) I also just make sure the tip is def touching my vaginal wall.

The only time I doubt my temp now is if I don't get enough sleep or I wake up too early... so I'm definitely glad i did that switch :)

Also, I just took a look at your chart and saw you are having wet cm?

Just a tip: Be sure that it is actually the fertile wet kind and not just "when I put my finger in to feel, my finger comes out wet" - the vagina is supposed to have a natural "moisture" and it is not to be confused with fertile wet cm. As a rule of thumb for my chart, I only mark wet days when it actually wets my underwear.

GOOD LUCK! :)

THE angry uterus September 10th, 2013 01:32 PM

Doesn't sound like you ovulated yet and your temps aren't too crazy. Keep up the charting. You just might be Oing later then expected which charting will help determine. :)

WaitinginNJ September 11th, 2013 06:04 AM

Thank you Jelly Bean! CM is one thing I do know all about lol, that is what I have been tracking for the last 10 cycles! I just have an increased amount of it a little earlier than normal! It was definitely wet, not the normal moisture, (TMI ABOUT TO HAPPEN IN 3,2,1...) because I literally felt like I was a dripping faucet! It was not EWCM until late that night. I had a little trouble this morning, which I think I will always have confusion with, is telling the difference between ewcm and left over baby makers! The ewcm does not absorb on tissue, where as his leftovers will. This is all so much but a the reward in the end is worth it!

jellybean93 September 11th, 2013 06:28 AM

"EWCM will form a ball in water: When you go to the bathroom, let the mucous drop into the toilet water. If it turns into a ball and sinks, it is most likely EWCM. If it dissolves into the water, it is most likely semen." :)

EWCM (Egg White Cervical Mucous) or Semen: How to Tell the Difference