JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Formula Feeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f92-formula-feeding/)
-   -   AP or Traditional? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f92-formula-feeding/1549418-ap-traditional.html)

TrinitysMommy May 5th, 2009 05:37 PM

AP or Traditional?

Are you an AP or Traditional mama?

For those who don't know, AP is geared more towards breastfeeding, baby wearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, child-led parenting etc. And Traditional is more formula feeding, disposable diapering, crib sleeping, parent-led parenting...

Or are you a combination of both?

JacksonsMommy030409 May 5th, 2009 08:28 PM

Re: AP or Traditional?

I started out as AP but seem to be headed more towards Traditional now!
The first month of Jackson's life he was BF, we co-slept and I baby wore!
He has always been in disposable diapers though!

Now he is bottle fed and has been transitioned to his crib...I still baby wear though, I love my Moby!

I guess I'm a combination of the two but more on the Traditional side of things!

dee68 May 5th, 2009 08:44 PM

traditional.....with a tad AP....(cloth diapers...sometimes...lol)

JennyBlossom May 6th, 2009 11:19 PM

I am all over the place.... Kaylin was breastfed for 6 weeks, until I got sick. We co sleep on occasion, but my school at night doesn't allow for it all the time. I would use cloth diapers if I could afford to buy all of them. I wear my baby all the time. And I am pretty sure I am doing the parenting, so therefore I lead it, but I follow her cues as well.

New_England_Girl May 7th, 2009 06:08 PM

I am both. I cloth diaper, wear the baby, and have always tried to respond to her cues. But I am not about to follow her lead about everything...I'm a parent-led advocate. And I'm using formula and she definitely sleeps in her own bed.

Mommy2Delaney&Everleigh May 7th, 2009 06:52 PM

Im a little of both...I babywear (not all the time), cosleep, cloth diaper.

But I use formula and I always thought BFing was one of the big parts of AP. I go with most of the AP ways though!

mommabirdof4 May 8th, 2009 07:54 AM

I am AP all the way. I use formula though....AP isn't about all or nothing. That is the great thing about the AP community in my mind.

I bottle nursed my son and I am no less bonded to him then someone who breastfeed...but I also do 99% of the feedings.

But I hope to BF my daughter who should be here soon!

Army_Wife May 8th, 2009 10:17 AM

Eh, more traditional for the most part. Although, I will be starting to use CD next week. I just ordered some yesterday. I'm tired of spending all the $$ on disposables, but CD are better for the environment. When I have another baby, I'll give breast feeding another try. And when babies are small, I do wear them.

Co-sleeping isn't for me. And I have no issues that both my kids have been formula fed. As for parenting, I am a mix of child-led and parent-led.

*~Proud_Mom~* May 8th, 2009 03:18 PM

I'm Traditional!

LindensMommy May 8th, 2009 04:45 PM

I'm both.

lovemyboysandabbey2 May 8th, 2009 08:45 PM

Traditional here!

JulieM May 9th, 2009 04:34 AM

I would say more traditional now. I pumped instead of breastfeeding but also supplemented with formula. She has always worn disposable diapers. I only babywear if we are out shopping or need to but I held her almost 24/7 for the first couple of weeks. We co-slept for about 1 month.

Caden's MaMa 8-7-08 May 12th, 2009 01:24 PM

I am a mix of both. I co-sleep for a few hours in the morning, and wear him occasionally, I did BF until I quit producing, and I am listening to his cues, but that will change a bit as he gets older. He is in disposable diapers & I have my own unique parenting styles, as I'm sure we all do.

Mom4Life_11 May 12th, 2009 03:48 PM

Traditional mama all the way.