JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Formula Feeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f92-formula-feeding/)
-   -   Can I join? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f92-formula-feeding/1579403-can-i-join.html)

Mommy_Of_2 May 29th, 2009 07:24 PM

Can I join?

I had DD Oct.5 and I had BF, but she decided she was going to wean herself and now I can't get her to nurse:frown: for the past few days at all. DS did the same thing for some reason around the same age. We are on WIC cuz DH got layed off and they give us the Good Start Protect plus but I don't think it agrees with her she has had awful gas lately.

JulieM May 29th, 2009 08:14 PM

Re: Can I join?

Welcome. I'm Julie and my DD is Emily. I don't know much about BF because I didn't do it so I am no help with why she won't nurse. I used EBM and when we switched Emily to formula she was really gassy. We used mylicon drops in every other bottle. It worked and we have slowly weaned her off of them and don't use them unless we notice her getting gassy again.

JennyBlossom May 29th, 2009 08:51 PM

Welcome! Im Jenny, mommy to Kaylin, four months.

I breastfed for about 2.5 months... when I weaned Kaylin she was SUPER gassy. Switching her to a gentle formula solved it. We use Enfamil Gentlease. (of course now we switched to AR, because she has acid reflux.)

Try the Mylicon drops... you can find them at any drugstore, Target, BRU, etc.

Or you might be able to ask WIC to switch you to a Gentle formula... I am not familiar with Nestle Good Starts options, but almost all brands have a gentle formula where the proteins are broken down to be easier on the tummy and help with gas.

TrinitysMommy May 29th, 2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyBlossom (Post 16014334)
Or you might be able to ask WIC to switch you to a Gentle formula... I am not familiar with Nestle Good Starts options, but almost all brands have a gentle formula where the proteins are broken down to be easier on the tummy and help with gas.

:ditto:

Gentlease helped my baby's gas tons. I hope your LO gets some relief soon. As far as short term remedies, try massaging her tummy, put a warm towel on it, and try to bicycle pedal her legs to get the gas out.

Keep us posted!

Mommy_Of_2 May 30th, 2009 08:01 AM

Next time we have a WIC appointment I try to change it to the gentle formula.

Thanks!

JennyBlossom May 30th, 2009 09:14 AM

Save yourself some time and call your pediatrician first!! They have a "formula prescription" form. If your pediatrician doesn't know what it is, call your WIC office and make sure. I know some WIC offices require a doctor recommendation to switch formulas.
My WIC office didn't require it for Gentlease but the DID for AR... so you might do it just in case.