JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Formula Feeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f92-formula-feeding/)
-   -   boiled or tap water? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f92-formula-feeding/2287070-boiled-tap-water.html)

Gaby&Emmy'sMama March 27th, 2011 12:23 AM

boiled or tap water?

Do you use (cooled) boiled water/bottle water, or tap water for your babies bottles?
If you use tap water, when did you stop using the boiled/bottled water?

I usually use tap water, but since the earthquake we are having to boil all our drinking water, so right now she gets boiled or bottled drinking water
I stopped using boiled water when she was 3mo. We USUALLY have really clean drinking water...

alicenwonderland March 27th, 2011 05:27 AM

Re: boiled or tap water?

We have really good drinking water here. I just give him warm tap water to make his bottles. Easier than having to heat it after.

speechteach42 March 29th, 2011 06:09 PM

We use nursery water.

kimmiejo March 30th, 2011 07:06 AM

I have used tap water since the beginning

ZeliaMarie March 30th, 2011 11:20 AM

I've used nursery water but last week we switched over to tap water. I'm tired of buying nursery water...DS is almost 9 months so I figure he'll be fine. We have good water.

Daffodil March 30th, 2011 11:36 AM

I buy nursery water because I don't trust the water in Cali!

MaggieLizer March 30th, 2011 12:08 PM

I usually buy Gerber water (since it says no added flouride) but if I run out I just use the tap and pour it from a Brita pitcher.

Daffodil March 30th, 2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincent'sMommy (Post 23500334)
I usually buy Gerber water (since it says no added flouride) but if I run out I just use the tap and pour it from a Brita pitcher.

I thought it was better to use the one with added fluoride? Hmm...I probably should have researched that!

MaggieLizer March 30th, 2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daffodil (Post 23500351)
I thought it was better to use the one with added fluoride? Hmm...I probably should have researched that!

I've seen mixed things on it, I think. I'm sure it can't be too bad but I did read something about it not being good and with him only having one kidney and all I figured it probably couldn't hurt to go without flouride just in case.

ZeliaMarie March 30th, 2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daffodil (Post 23500351)

Just like Michele said...some think it's good some don't... My Pedi told me to use it with DD so I did and when I put DS on formula I started using it again. We do not have fluoride in our water so DS also gets RX fluoride drops and DD takes a pill every day.

LifesGood April 1st, 2011 05:24 AM

we use filtered tap water

mticknor April 5th, 2011 10:40 AM

We have well-water so I use purified water...

aussie_mama22 April 7th, 2011 04:00 AM

I stopped using boiled water at 3 months, and I now use tap water out of a Brita jug.

Motherx3 April 25th, 2011 08:55 PM

With my girls, we always used boiled water, it just seems to many things are added to water now a days to be certain that its okay for children to drink. Until about 12 months it was boiled water, now that they are 3& 4 its still bottled water.

MeggysMommy May 11th, 2011 10:00 AM

We have used warm tap water since the beginning as well.

krissy1104 May 23rd, 2011 02:44 PM

I use bottled water and plan to stick with it u never know whats in your tap water

Ish21 May 24th, 2011 10:48 AM

I use bottled water, even I don't drink from the tap. Although in a pinch, I would use tap water since our water is really clean. But I just feel better knowing its purified water. Our water cooler system boils the water as well, so its double clean....i push the button on the system to boil the filtered water....that way I can let it cool to room temp and then i mix her bottles and warm up as needed throughout the day. Im still breastfeeding/pumping as well. Our feeding really is a mixed bag....she loves it!! My baby is 2 months old. Oh and we only prefer the Nestle/Gerber Good Start formula.

*Jennifer* May 25th, 2011 02:54 PM

I used nursery water then switch to a Brita Filtration Pitcher with tap water.