JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Formula Feeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f92-formula-feeding/)
-   -   What is the best formula? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f92-formula-feeding/2376560-what-best-formula.html)

missy123 July 19th, 2011 08:42 PM

What is the best formula?

When my boys were little the only options we had really were enfamil and one other. Now I feel so overwhelmed by the choices out there.

What formula is working best for you?

kiley-emmalyn August 14th, 2011 03:22 PM

Re: What is the best formula?

I am not a regular here but I was just reading a few post and saw this. With both my girls BFing didnt work out. When we went to formula we went with enfamil to start and then went to the generic brand. It is just as good as others. DD1 was allergic to the gerber good start so we didn't even try it with DD2. Our pedi said that there are really only three makers of formula (enfamil, similac, and gerber). There really is not best formula. It is all about what formula works best for you and your baby. DD1 took regular enfamil no problem and DD2 now uses enfamil Gentalease.

MommaToAGirl August 19th, 2011 01:32 PM

At first we tried Enfamil Gentlease because I wanted something gentle but that stuff was AWFUL. We now use Good Start and it's working amazingly :D

missy123 August 19th, 2011 04:55 PM

Thank you girls! So I guess it all depends on what your baby tolerates best. It will be a trial and error process?

angelsailor288 August 19th, 2011 05:03 PM

I only supplement with formula but Nicholas does best with Vermont Organics

MommaToAGirl August 20th, 2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missy123 (Post 24662031)
Thank you girls! So I guess it all depends on what your baby tolerates best. It will be a trial and error process?

Definitely. I first tried Gentlease because it has so many great reviews, but didn't work for mine. Every baby is so different when it comes to formula. I hope that the first one you try works for her though! :)

kiley-emmalyn August 22nd, 2011 04:06 PM

Gentalease didn't work on my first but it did with my second.

HeatherLopez August 23rd, 2011 01:32 PM

I used the walmart Parent's Choice brand with my first daughter. I have been using the same brand with my 1 week old, and she seems to be doing very well with it. It's about half the price as the enfamil, but it's the same exact thing.

kiley-emmalyn August 30th, 2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherLopez (Post 24688969)
I used the walmart Parent's Choice brand with my first daughter. I have been using the same brand with my 1 week old, and she seems to be doing very well with it. It's about half the price as the enfamil, but it's the same exact thing.

Walmart will send samples of their formula. I reg on the parents choice formula website. We use generic also unless I have a coupon for like BJs or costco. Your right generic is the same. I often use target brand because they have a bigger can of the gentle than walmart.

wolfybaby September 20th, 2011 07:04 PM

i supplement and my daughter does awesome on organic similac. o for baby [o organic, a safeway brand] was good too. too clumpy though.

Love_09 October 20th, 2011 05:55 PM

Its usually trial and error. I went though about 6 with my son, he had bad acid reflux so once i stopped breastfeeding we had issue finding one that suited him.

We tried Similac, Similac sensitive for spit up, Similac Alimentum Enfamil newborn, enfamil gentle ease, and Good Start Gentle. He had issues ranging from worse reflux to horrible horrible gas.

I now use Parent's choice sensitive and he's 8 months old

Bekah October 25th, 2011 03:51 PM

my first didn't take to parent's choice, (did well with regular Similac), and my second did just fine with the parent's choice low iron. So there really is no "best" just whatever works best for you and baby.

MLG November 30th, 2011 07:34 PM

Target brand is definitely the best for your money. They have ones comparable to enamel and similac.

sunnysky24 February 20th, 2012 11:04 AM

Definitally one for generic formula especially parents choice organic look at where its made then look at vermont organics and earths best. you will find they are the same. But we have used babys only organic just becasue of my childrens corn intolerances and I love it. it does make them a lttle constipated so I do use one bottle of regular formula a day to help with that. Then once they are eating solids there was no more constipation problems. i found on amazon i can get it for $8 a can!! WOW!!!

Carwen*Angel July 1st, 2012 11:40 AM

I don't know if you can get it outside the UK but I used SMA with my son and loved it.

.:Kati:. August 2nd, 2012 04:04 AM

we've used similac advanced since birth,he has never had any problems and loves it.

sweety_pie August 2nd, 2012 04:34 AM

Both my kids did very well on Goodstart! :)

honeymama September 11th, 2012 12:43 PM

My daughter uses Good Start Gentle and does very well with it!

mom2K&G March 20th, 2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLG (Post 25265317)
Target brand is definitely the best for your money. They have ones comparable to enamel and similac.

I used target brand Similac and it works awesome! I used it for my DS and I will use it again for this baby as well. The price is really good!! If you compare the target similac to the actual similac product it's the exact same!

nancy-li April 4th, 2013 09:21 AM

Similac and it's good.