JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Formula Feeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f92-formula-feeding/)
-   -   How do you deal with the comments? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f92-formula-feeding/2398120-how-do-you-deal-comments.html)

MommaToAGirl August 19th, 2011 01:30 PM

How do you deal with the comments?

So many people think they have the right to give their opinions about formula feeding and how I'm a terrible mom for doing it, it's poison, etc etc. How do you deal with the comments? They're starting to get REALLY hard to ignore. My daughter was losing weight so she obviously wasn't getting enough with breast, so I really had no choice.

missy123 August 19th, 2011 04:56 PM

Re: How do you deal with the comments?

Honestly, unless they plan on supporting your daughter for the next 25+ years it is none of their business. Do what is best for you and your family. ((hugs))

kiley-emmalyn August 22nd, 2011 04:20 PM

I try not to pay any attention to them. With my DDs breast feeding didn't work out. I often tell them that my sister and I were never breastfed and we were never sick. Heck I didnt get my first ear infection until I was in tenth grade. I also have been known to inform them that not all women produce milk or some dont make enough. I was boarder line. If I wanted to cut all the dairy out of my diet and let her nurse 24/7 then we would have been okay. Do I miss it heck yeah, but are my girls healthy and growing fine from being formula fed. Why yes they are.

alicenwonderland August 28th, 2011 10:24 AM

I get really defensive when people bad mouth formula feeding. My son was vomiting and pooping blood while breastfed. There's no WAY that was best for him. He's now on prescription formula and doing great. They aren't in your shoes, and they don't know your baby. Formula is ANYTHING but poison! I don't know what my son would have done without it.

Carwen*Angel July 1st, 2012 11:42 AM

I hope you're not still dealing with this. It makes me mad when people don't just keep their own opinions to themselves. There is no one right way and it's different depending on your circumstances. I TRIED to breastfeed my son and couldn't. If anyone makes comments about my plans to formula feed my new baby that's all I will say on the matter.

maddy and tommy's mommy July 26th, 2012 01:46 PM

Hi! I am lurking :). My little guy is just over 2 weeks old. I tried to breastfeed him but wasn't getting enough and he ended up ill and had to be in the hospital for a week. After SEVERAL doctor's appointments and GI testing, he is on Enfamil Nutramigen and finally gaining weight, not throwing up, and thriving (though not even back to his birth weight yet). I DARE someone to make a comment about my formula feeding over breast!!!! ;)

People have no right, but lots of nerve.

.:Kati:. August 2nd, 2012 03:58 AM

I can't breast feed because of medication's i'm on,honestly even if i could i probably wouldn't anyway. I don't want to deal with BF while my son is in the teething stage. Nobody has the right to judge anyone for their parenting choices. Just because they BF does not make them better than you.

kristaok August 17th, 2014 07:54 AM

My husband and his mom won't stop telling my almost 2 month old jokingly, there is a breast over there with plenty of milk. Along with other jokes that really disturb me... It's getting highly annoying. Plus my husband won't stop trying to pressure me into giving her some....