JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f108-forty-something-and-plus-mommies/)
-   -   October Ghostly Monsterous Chat Thread (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f108-forty-something-and-plus-mommies/2119631-october-ghostly-monsterous-chat-thread.html)

mousemomof3 October 1st, 2010 02:51 AM

October Ghostly Monsterous Chat Thread

Talk about anything and everything here. Use this thread as a dailly chat room. And have loads of fun.

happymomof4 October 1st, 2010 06:19 AM

Re: October Ghostly Monsterous Chat Thread

I can't believe it is October already. The school had a 2 hour delay this morning because of the flooded roads. We got over 10 inches of rain in a 24 hr period.

marmeeof5 October 1st, 2010 06:28 AM

We're not that wet, but it did rain alot yesterday! It is beautiful and sunny today though! Happy October!! We are going to the library for story time soon. I only have 3 more days with my grandsons. :(

happymomof4 October 2nd, 2010 04:26 PM

Enjoy the grandsons while you can. I know I miss my 2 granddaughters alot.

Went to a birthday party today for a friends granddaughter who turned 3. We had fun with friends and family. Youngerst daughter ran in a cross country meet yesterday. It was like a mud pit. Still drying out the muddy clothes before I wash them in my washer!!!

marmeeof5 October 2nd, 2010 07:12 PM

My daughter's baby shower is tomorrow after church. I'm looking forward to that, but not that it is our last day here!:(

happymomof4 October 3rd, 2010 09:18 AM

When to church and out to breakfast. Not time to finish laundry and stack some wood. Tonight after dinner do my ironing.

marmeeof5 October 4th, 2010 06:11 PM

We're home. :( I miss my grandsons terribly! And my daughter and son-in-love!!

marmeeof5 October 5th, 2010 05:48 AM

Good Morning! We are off to homeschool co-op today so I'll try to check in later! Have a good day!!

happymomof4 October 5th, 2010 09:49 AM

Happy Tuesday. Our youngerst daughter got accepted to the college that she wanted to go to for next fall. We are thrilled for her. Now I am officially done with college tours!!!

marmeeof5 October 6th, 2010 05:52 AM

Praise God! Congratulations!! I had an awesome day yesterday and am looking forward to another one today- busy,busy,busy... I'm off to clean a house. Yay! $$$

mousemomof3 October 6th, 2010 08:26 AM

Goodmorning everyone. Still around busy between my two jobs and have been sick and loads of comp issues . I need a new one. Hope everyone is doing well.

happymomof4 October 6th, 2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mousemomof3 (Post 21751273)
Goodmorning everyone. Still around busy between my two jobs and have been sick and loads of comp issues . I need a new one. Hope everyone is doing well.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Youngest daughter has a cross country meet today. It is senior recognition day so dh and I will be there with her for that. Not much else going on here.

marmeeof5 October 7th, 2010 05:22 AM

Have a good one everybody! I am working again today cleaning two houses. I'm trying to get ahead so I can take some time off next week when dd's boyfriend is here from FL.

happymomof4 October 8th, 2010 10:24 AM

Happy Friday. Older daughter will be home tonight for a 4 day weekend. College Fall Break. She is bring her friend and all their laundry!!! Dh did our laundry today so that it is out of the way for the college girls.

Have a wonderful weekend.

marmeeof5 October 9th, 2010 06:41 AM

My friend's daughter had a baby a week ago (2 weeks early due to HELLP syndrome). Baby John is doing fine, but Mommy Lyndsae is very sick. Her platelet count is down to 14 (normal is 150-200). She has been given platelets and blood a few times. It goes up slightly and then drops again.
If you are a praying person, please lift them up to the Lord. We need a miracle! This is life threatening and she is only 23. This is her first baby and she's only been married a little over a year. Her sweet husband is scared and confused. I will let you know what happens! Thank you friends!:(

This young lady is my son-in-love's sister. He is the one on the far right of our family picture. He and my daughter are the ones that just had their baby Sept. 15. in PA. Tough time to live so far away from family!

momangel09 October 10th, 2010 06:53 AM

Mary praying for you friend. Hope she gets better.

happymomof4 October 11th, 2010 10:16 AM

Mary hope the friend and baby are doing ok. I have been busy with my daughter and friend being home from college. They leave tomorrow.

marmeeof5 October 15th, 2010 06:28 AM

Lyndsae is home from the hospital! Her counts were up to 59 and they let her come home. Then they went up to 79 and yesterday 139! Praise the Lord, she has turned the corner and is on her way to being healthy again. The doctors said it will take up to 3 months to get her strength back. Thank you for praying!

My daughter's boyfriend has been here all this week so I have been busy. We made applesauce 2 days, one batch for Lyn and one for us. Mine came out juicier than usual, but tastes wonderful!

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the fall weather, before cold sets in. Have a great day!

happymomof4 October 18th, 2010 10:25 AM

That is great news. Been busy all weekend. Haven't had time to get on the computer much.

marmeeof5 October 18th, 2010 05:30 PM

Guess what?!? I'm the new host for the Green Mommies board! I'm so excited! I'll still try to stay active here, so post away ladies!! We need to get this one moving!